AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Spoiler (highlight to read):
and the engineers had the exact same DNA as humans? Fuck off.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California

AussieReaper wrote:

and the engineers had the exact same DNA as humans? Fuck off.

Yeah they looked EXACTLY the same too, lol!

I enjoyed it though. I've never seen Alien or Aliens though. I still think it was full of plot holes, bad dialogue, and some otherwise lame moments, but I still enjoyed it
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam
shifty.....
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

AussieReaper wrote:

And one more thing Spoiler (highlight to read):
the jockey leaves the chair to go hunt that last chick? Then why does Alien show the jockey in his chair with his chest burst open? That's the only tie between this and Alien and Ridley Scott fucked it up completely!
Different planet yo. But other than that, I'm on the same page with ya on the plot thing.

I give a big hand to this quartet for messing it all up.

Ridley Scott
Pietro Scalia
Damon Lindelof
Jon Spaihts

I still think in some naive way it could be all saved if those odd plotholes were explained in a waaay longer DVD release. I want to believe.
Reciprocity
+721|6550|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I rewatched Alien and Blade Runner last night just to see if my dislike of Prometheus was somehow out of proportion.  I'm now even more disappointed with Prometheus. Either he's gone senile or he just doesn't give a shit anymore.  The artful mystery and intrigue of brobdingnagian space jockeys trucking alien eggs across the galaxy and androids retiring androids has been replaced with sloppy, gaping plot holes and irrational characters saying and doing stupid shit. 

at what point in the filmmaking process did it seem OK for the guy in charge of mapping out the complex with his little laser balls to get lost in said complex?
Prometheus 6/10 4.5/10
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California

Reciprocity wrote:

at what point in the filmmaking process did it seem OK for the guy in charge of mapping out the complex with his little laser balls to get lost in said complex?
Prometheus 6/10 4.5/10
haha that's so true

How dumb can people be? good gods it's ridiculous
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
well i was looking foward to this and i still haven't seen it but now at least i'm going in not expecting much...
Brasso
+1,549|6600

jord wrote:

well i was looking foward to this and i still haven't seen it but now at least i'm going in not expecting much...
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

Reciprocity wrote:

I rewatched Alien and Blade Runner last night just to see if my dislike of Prometheus was somehow out of proportion.  I'm now even more disappointed with Prometheus. Either he's gone senile or he just doesn't give a shit anymore.  The artful mystery and intrigue of brobdingnagian space jockeys trucking alien eggs across the galaxy and androids retiring androids has been replaced with sloppy, gaping plot holes and irrational characters saying and doing stupid shit. 

Prometheus 6/10 4.5/10
alien and blade runner were good.

everything else ridley scott has ever done was awful.

prometheus was not a surprise.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Reciprocity
Black Hawk Down, Gladiator, Black Rain and Thelma and Louise are good.  even the long cut of Kingdom Of Heaven was decent.  I wasn't expecting the second coming of 2001 with Prometheus, but it was such a fucking regresssion compared to his earlier sci-fi work.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

yeah well that's just like your opinion man
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America
The flamethrowers were the coolest part. Barely 6/10
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Reciprocity wrote:

Prometheus 6/10 4.5/10
The two guys who said they were leaving the ship cause things looked fucked up. Then proceed to not only get completely lost, but don't freak out at all at the alien penis and think its really cute.

Every little subplot like the above has holes in it. Just doesn't make sense.

And Charlize Therons performance was so robotic I'm not surprised by the end if you're left in doubt that she was human or another android.
Reciprocity

AussieReaper wrote:

And Charlize Therons performance was so robotic I'm not surprised by the end if you're left in doubt that she was human or another android.
she was robotic because she felt that was the best way to compete against her "brother" David for the love of their father.....or some bullshit like that.

or she was an android equipped with the anatomical and system operation accoutrements of a hot little pleasure bot.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2012-06-16 18:12:25)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

Doesn't come to the cinemas until August here. Damn euro 2012. I want to see aliens not people kick a ball around.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
rdx-fx
+955|6561

Reciprocity wrote:

or she was an android equipped with the anatomical and system operation accoutrements of a hot little pleasure bot.
"How many lays did it take you to figure out Rachel was a replicant, Mr. Deckard? .. how many?"
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

How many? Let me tell you about how many.

*pistol shoots through desk*
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Seeing it tomorrow.

So excited.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
rdx-fx
+955|6561

Dilbert_X wrote:

Seeing it tomorrow.

So excited.
Typical Ridley Scott movie - they cut 2/3rds of the film to make it fit into an action film genre for theatrical release, this lobotomizing the mythological & historical references, and crippling the storyline.

Like Bladerunner, wait for the extended Director's Cut to pass judgement.

Edit: There is a reason why the name of the movie is Prometheus.
Read the Greek myth of Prometheus, and keep it in mind while watching the film.

Last edited by rdx-fx (2012-06-18 10:06:00)

rdx-fx
+955|6561

AussieReaper wrote:

How many? Let me tell you about how many.

*pistol shoots through desk*
Yes, yes.. apparently Replicants are not fans of the Freudian techniques.

Considering that Phillip K. Dick wrote stories more in line with Jungian thought, that reaction was to be expected from one of his characters.

Reciprocity

rdx-fx wrote:

I don't think a director's cut can fix this train wreck, unless he shot alternate takes of scenes with better actors working from a better script.

Just imagine Tom Hanks and Daniel Day-Lewis not getting lost and then not trying to jerkoff a fucking space cobra unlike ginger cunt #1 and four-eyed cunt #2.  I'd watch that version.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Reciprocity wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

I don't think a director's cut can fix this train wreck, unless he shot alternate takes of scenes with better actors working from a better script.

Just imagine Tom Hanks and Daniel Day-Lewis not getting lost and then not trying to jerkoff a fucking space cobra unlike ginger cunt #1 and four-eyed cunt #2.  I'd watch that version.
The guy with the path finding balls gets lost and the guy who is scared shitless of a dead alien wants to make love to an alien penis cobra.

I agree with you, a directors cut won't fix shit.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Seeing it tonight.

So excited.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

In b4 wtf was that