• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Strange intermittent Buzz coming from pc when gpu is plugged in.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4967|Dundee, Scotland.
Hi all,

I've got a weird one here. Whenever I boot my pc up with either one of my GTX460s or both of them my computer gives off a faint buzz noise, and when you press the reset button it makes the noise stay on as long as the button is held in.

Specs:
AMD Athlon II x4 630 (overclocked to 3.36ghz)
Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz
SLI GTX460 EVGA SC EE 1GB
Corsair force 3 120gb SSD OS drive
500Gb Maxtor storage drive

I recently (today) installed a gelid tranquillo rev 2, which forced me to take out two of my dimms leaving me with 4gb of ram, but after dayz kept hanging up for 20 seconds at a time I decided to turn the heat sink the other way and reverse the fan so that it was pulling air through the heat sink.

I can't figure out what the hell is causing this, im getting no display from the pc when the card(s) is plugged in.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6311

Might need to reseat the CPU/heatsink. Check for bent pins in the CPU socket on the motherboard and once it's reseated, make sure the screws on the heatsink bracket are cranked down nice and tight.

Do you hear any beep patterns?
What PSU do you have and how old is it?
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

bugz wrote:

Might need to reseat the CPU/heatsink. Check for bent pins in the CPU socket on the motherboard and once it's reseated, make sure the screws on the heatsink bracket are cranked down nice and tight.

8 month old Corsair CX600

Aint hearing no beeps. Not sure why. Don't even get a post beep when start my computer up under normal circumstances so I don't think I've plugged the case speaker in properly lol.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

bugz wrote:

Right. I plugged the case speaker into the motherboard, and still no post beeps.

I narrowed the location of the noise down to the graphics cards.

Then I thought 'I wonder what will happen if I pull the power out the graphics card and turn it on, it usually makes a really loud high pitched noise'. So I pulled the power out, booted it up, and curiously,  the intermittent noise turned into a continuous noise from the graphics card.

So I'm family certain it's a power problem.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
I put one of my GTX460s in my girlfriend's PC and it worked fine. Put her GT220 in my PC, doesn't work at all.
I think it's a fried board D:

Last edited by Camm (2012-06-13 02:48:55)

Camm
Feeding the Cats.
And just tried the CPU, GPU and RAM on an older board, nothing. CPU fried?
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Strange intermittent Buzz coming from pc when gpu is plugged in.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard