-TL-
Srs lurker
+25|6491|Oklahoma City

pirana6 wrote:

if there's one team that doesn't deserve a goddamn thing, it's the thunder. i hope they get swept and by 100-0 each game by the heat/celtics.

and the fans act as if they've been with the team through the thick and thin. like their time has 'finally come'. Stick your cousins tiny cock in your mouth, go back to your shanty, eat your deep fried food, and shut the fuck up.

goddamnit
I take it you were a Sonics fan?

Here's the thing about Thunder fans, though: we've spent our whole lives cheering for other people's teams, so now that somebody's given us a decent team of our own, yeah we're gonna be obnoxious about it.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6289|Washington St.

-TL- wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

if there's one team that doesn't deserve a goddamn thing, it's the thunder. i hope they get swept and by 100-0 each game by the heat/celtics.

and the fans act as if they've been with the team through the thick and thin. like their time has 'finally come'. Stick your cousins tiny cock in your mouth, go back to your shanty, eat your deep fried food, and shut the fuck up.

goddamnit
I take it you were a Sonics fan?

Here's the thing about Thunder fans, though: we've spent our whole lives cheering for other people's teams, so now that somebody's given us a decent team of our own, yeah we're gonna be obnoxious about it.
Alright yeah I owe you an apology.

First off, I was pissed off as fuck cause I wrote that minutes after they won.
Secondly, I don't actually have anything against the fans (except of course those that think that having a team for three years and not having a championship is a long time... them and the 2001 Diamondback fans can f- off). I also have nothing against the players. Durant is fucking amazing and pretty humble for how old he is. (Side note: Westbrook is awful. Just awful. He always tries to take over late in the game and make big showy plays but ends up turning it over. When they need an easy bucket or two he tries to throw up alley-oops to his tired center or cross court passes to someone. He's trying to become the star who the crowd loves, not win the game. He's a liability to that team.)

Who DO I hate?:
Anybody in the management (i.e. anybody above the coach).
Clay Bennett fucking lied to Shultz (who owned the Sonics prior), the city of Seattle, and our Mayor.
I also hate Shultz cause he was in it for the money and isn't loyal to his city at all.
I especially hate David Stern who is a friend of Bennett and colluded with him so he could get a team.

Got an hour to waste? Watch the documentary and it will all become clear.

Otherwise click here and see that I'm not alone
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6693|The Ville

CC-Marley
+407|6827
awesome
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6289|Washington St.
https://i.imgur.com/v8Csz.jpg
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6289|Washington St.
also:

pirana6 wrote:

Westbrook's a liability to that team.
Game 1: 10-24 (when Durant is 12-20)
Game 2: 10-26 (when Durant is 12-22)

You know what would be awesome Westbrook? If you let the 3 time scoring champion TAKE MORE SHOTS THAN YOU. Idiot.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

he's not a liability to his team.  shooting is only 1 part of the game. he's averaging 9 assists and 8 rebounds over the last 2 games.

Westbrook over two games:

27/8/9 (a fucking beastly, rondo-esque line)

Lebron over 2 games:

31/8.5/4.5
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6289|Washington St.
Well seeing as the Heat play basically 3 forwards with essentially no PG and no center I'm surprised they have as many rebounds as they do. Perkins averages 8 rebounds but a measly 4 points?
Different style of basketball than just looking at the numbers after a game is over and deciding who is best.
Did you not watch the first quarter with Westbrook? Spent the whole time not passing and attempting to shoot. I blame him for their first quarter woes yesterday. Sure toss a couple up and try and get into a groove but if it ain't working pass to your all-star.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

i tend to agree with you that westbrook needs to defer to durant more often.  But at the same time, the way they are functioning is working for them.  They are in the finals.  Westbrook scorched the lakers for 36 points in one of their playoff games, and really killed them time and time again.  The guy is a beast, he just happens to have a better pure scorer on his team
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6289|Washington St.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

the way they are functioning is working for them.
Tru.

Alright I want a no bullshit assessment here: Does Westbrook's hometown and college have ANY influence on your liking him?

Given my Pac12 history I'll admit I watched him play against me I might be a little biased but damn dude you GOTTA pass more often. Especially as PG and especially with Durant on your team.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6289|Washington St.
Westbrook wants to be the star. His ego is far too big for: 1) This team, 2) Playing PG

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/st … -criticism

edito: I REALLY can't spell

Last edited by pirana6 (2012-06-18 09:23:59)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6289|Washington St.
Now will Durant and Ibaka please join a different team so I can root for them.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6736|Oxferd Ohire
butthurt
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
CC-Marley
+407|6827
bummer
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
Nobody can say he didn't earn it. He stepped it up when necessary and they dominated all season long.

Going to be better than Jordan in the long term, IMO.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5483|Bolingbrook, Illinois
ummm
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

thanks Phoenix for giving us the man whole stole at least one Kobe MVP
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England
Nets are gonna be interesting next season. Still won't watch any basketball games, but at least my buddy will have a winner to cheer for (Jets, Mets, Nets fan)
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Jay wrote:

Nets are gonna be interesting next season. Still won't watch any basketball games, but at least my buddy will have a winner to cheer for (Jets, Mets, Nets fan)
Nets aren't going to be awesome.  Maybe winning as in being over .500, but they aren't going to be anything special in my opinion
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England
I have no idea why they took on Joe Johnson's contract.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

sources say a four team deal moving Bynum to the 76'ers and Howard to the Lakers is done.

FUCK YO COUCH!
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom
and losing pau too
Tu Stultus Es
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

nope, Pau isn't part of the deal now.  Lose Bynum and a first rounder
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

it'll be fun to watch okc vs. la in the west(ern conference finals)
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard