Xader_Vartec
+1|6484
I'm not complaining or whining I am just curious as to what is going on and why.

My stats show that I should be promoted to Lance Corporal from Private First Class for a bit now.  I expected to hit is sometime last night while playing but it never happened.  I just assumed that I didn't get enough points or whatever.

This morning I checked my numbers both here and bf2player (if you look at it please don't make fun of my stats, I have a fragile ego......ok I don't.......and I honestly don't care if you laugh because I'm not as emotionally invested in the game as many are........but I digress).  I also checked the requirements on UBAR and I don't see anything I'm missing.

Are there some requirements that I need to get?  Is my profile bugged?  Are elephants big enough?
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6651| United States of America
give it some time the stats are slow sometimes to update
Xader_Vartec
+1|6484
Sorry....answer here (search FTW).  I never logged out and back in last night.

Xader_Vartec wrote:

I'm not complaining or whining I am just curious as to what is going on and why.

My stats show that I should be promoted to Lance Corporal from Private First Class for a bit now.  I expected to hit is sometime last night while playing but it never happened.  I just assumed that I didn't get enough points or whatever.

This morning I checked my numbers both here and bf2player (if you look at it please don't make fun of my stats, I have a fragile ego......ok I don't.......and I honestly don't care if you laugh because I'm not as emotionally invested in the game as many are........but I digress).  I also checked the requirements on UBAR and I don't see anything I'm missing.

Are there some requirements that I need to get?  Is my profile bugged?  Are elephants big enough?
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6591|Cheshire. UK
One more game, one more Kill and it should update...did you get the promotion flash up in game??
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6539|Doncaster, UK
I had the same thing last night, got the points to rank to gunnery sergeant, no rat-a-tat-tat-tat, rat-a-tat-tat-tat

Played another round, first kill, promotion. But it didn't show it in BFHQ until this morning.

Don't know if it's a sudden increase in the database traffic with more school holidays starting, or EA doing something with the dbase.
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6525|Doncaster - UK
err, you have the right name and pic now, but it is still showing the progress bar at the bottom?
What is it like in BFHQ in the game?

There are no other requirements for the rank, just points.

I think if you play another round and you don't get it you may have a glitch, but you will probably have to just wait for it to clear up.

] edit- sod it, how many posts before i managed to type this. it was blank when i got here ]

Last edited by Use0fWeapons (2006-07-21 07:48:53)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6561|Mountains of NC

don't worry - Lance Coolie is around the corner for you ,,,,,,  you should start hittin some of those ribbons some are SOOOOO easy to get
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6671|Broadlands, VA
Purple Heart FTW!!!
Xader_Vartec
+1|6484
Yeah.....I'm ashamed of two awards. 

Firsty my Gold Star.  I don't deserve it.  If I could give it back I would.  I was playing on a good server about 16 v16 and one side won and then the next round nearly EVERYONE logged out.  It was two people on each side.  I didn't really realize it at first.  I jumped in a vehicle ran to a flag and noticed someone logged out.  Then I realized "Hey...where is everyone."  I checked the scores and I was the only one left on my side and there were two people on the other side.  All of the sudden the round finished.  There is my gold star.

The other is the Purple Heart.  When I got it I thought "Cool".  I looked up th e reqs the next day.  Is this a boobie prize or somethinG?  A Joke?  After reading the reqs I decided that it actually wasn't something I wanted.

Last edited by Xader_Vartec (2006-07-21 08:11:08)

Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6677|Seattle
1) Don't worry about the purple heart.

2) Have you actually played since the stats have SHOWN you over 500?  If not, then log in and kill someone.
Diogenese
Philosopher King
+16|6587|New York State, USA
I also had a rank promotion that took until I entered a new game, even with over 100 too many points, to kick in. And OHHH how sweet that ratta tat tat is!!!! Gives me chills thinking about it.
Also... Xader_Vartec where do you play?  I would love to find you on a server.
Just teasing... You asked for it w/ your post( and those stats).
Go get 'em Tiger
Xader_Vartec
+1|6484
To all who have suggested what I have quoted below:  I am confident you are correct.  I checked the HQ before I logged off last night.  The bar looked to be full but I was tired because it was so late and I needed to go to sleep so I didn't bother to try and figure it out.  So it did show to be 100% in the game.

I haven't logged in since I logged out last night so I'm sure that if I log in and kill someone it will happen.  I can understand how things might be handled that way.

Erwin_Rommel188 wrote:

2) Have you actually played since the stats have SHOWN you over 500?  If not, then log in and kill someone.
Xader_Vartec
+1|6484

Diogenese wrote:

I also had a rank promotion that took until I entered a new game, even with over 100 too many points, to kick in. And OHHH how sweet that ratta tat tat is!!!! Gives me chills thinking about it.
Also... Xader_Vartec where do you play?  I would love to find you on a server.
Just teasing... You asked for it w/ your post( and those stats).
Go get 'em Tiger
I'm sure you would.  Most people do.

Incidently I was joining a squad with some clan member just following him around trying to help in some way.  He told me to spawn support and was a sniper so I did and ran around with him supplying him while he did stuff.  Later in the battle we did other tasks.  The whole time we kept getting killed by a certain player in a helicopter.  We tried spawning at different points and going to different places but he always seemed to be there killing us almost like he was following us around.  At one point I thought, I gotta stop following this squad leader this opponent seems to be specifically targeting him.

Then the thought occured to me, "maybe it's ME he's targeting."

EDIT: Oh I forgot.  I play on some TexasMilitia (64 person) server because I [bold]think[/bold] they are based out of the same area of Texas I live in and I'm trying to get a good ping.  It's the only one I've ever really played on.

Last edited by Xader_Vartec (2006-07-21 12:03:51)

Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6515|the Netherlands
ratta tat tat  ratta tat tat  >>> Congratulations, you have been promoted! (Rank: 2nd Lieutenant )

http://bf2s.com/player/45269857/

Last edited by Tjasso (2006-07-21 12:10:05)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

Xader_Vartec wrote:

The 1.4 patch is almost out now. Just hang in there, EA fixes everything with the next patch! ;-)
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

13urnzz wrote:

Xader_Vartec wrote:

The 1.4 patch is almost out now. Just hang in there, EA fixes everything with the next patch! ;-)
Well that was a totally wrong assumption.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5957|London, England

h4h4h4
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6374|the land of bourbon
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard