Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|5569

Meh. I paid the price, I put in the time. Not like I'm some CoD kiddo screaming from the sidelines despite having never touched the thing.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|5414|so randum
i don't like the idea of the skipping queues though, it does introduce some sort of 'class' within bf3. everyone payed for the game, some people payed for some more stuff that isn't supposed to be an advantage, just more options but skipping queues that can be quite a wait for some good servers is quite an advantage
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Chou
Member
+737|5705|Dordrecht

FatherTed wrote:

i don't like the idea of the skipping queues though, it does introduce some sort of 'class' within bf3. everyone payed for the game, some people payed for some more stuff that isn't supposed to be an advantage, just more options but skipping queues that can be quite a wait for some good servers is quite an advantage
You could rent a server on consoles and as the admin, you'd be queued up like a dumb fucking cookie on your own server.
Now they're selling Premium and all of a sudden that's fixed.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|5569

In the end, they're being incredibly forceful with it and making it seem like you have to have Premium. That's the way they want to market it and that's fine. Yes, they'll make a bit of money from it, but it could also have some negative consequences down the road. ... and now that I think of it, they really don't care about the long-term. So hey, mission accomplished for EA.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|5414|so randum

Chou wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

i don't like the idea of the skipping queues though, it does introduce some sort of 'class' within bf3. everyone payed for the game, some people payed for some more stuff that isn't supposed to be an advantage, just more options but skipping queues that can be quite a wait for some good servers is quite an advantage
You could rent a server on consoles and as the admin, you'd be queued up like a dumb fucking cookie on your own server.
Now they're selling Premium and all of a sudden that's fixed.
that's more of a problem with how they handled console server rental though, and i doubt the introduction of premium was designed to fix that particular issue. it's a nice side-effect for people renting servers on xbox/ps3 sure, but it's still a shit move overall

Last edited by FatherTed (2012-06-06 15:49:11)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|5414|so randum
anyway you should all play tribes. i'm awful, and it's pretty hard

but it's refreshing to not be treated like a moron in a game for a change

Last edited by FatherTed (2012-06-06 16:12:25)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|4423|America

FatherTed wrote:

anyway you should all play tribes. i'm awful, and it's pretty hard

but it's refreshing to not be treating like a moron in a game for a change
^^ Words of wisdom
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Chou
Member
+737|5705|Dordrecht

FatherTed wrote:

Chou wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

i don't like the idea of the skipping queues though, it does introduce some sort of 'class' within bf3. everyone payed for the game, some people payed for some more stuff that isn't supposed to be an advantage, just more options but skipping queues that can be quite a wait for some good servers is quite an advantage
You could rent a server on consoles and as the admin, you'd be queued up like a dumb fucking cookie on your own server.
Now they're selling Premium and all of a sudden that's fixed.
that's more of a problem with how they handled console server rental though, and i doubt the introduction of premium was designed to fix that particular issue. it's a nice side-effect for people renting servers on xbox/ps3 sure, but it's still a shit move overall
I doubt it was just a case of forgetting to add a few command lines in the code that enables the admin/owner of a console server to avoid the queue.
They know what they're doing and it has a price tag, after all these patches and this couldn't be handled for free? Right.

EA stinks all the way.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|5414|so randum
humm i guess
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|4819|CA

mtb0minime wrote:

And it's all over Battlelog. You have to use a script or extension or adblock or whatever just to block the annoying shit. It's still advertised to you even after you bought it. Stupid.

A lot of people have said it's treating them like someone playing free vs. a paying customer in an F2P game, especially with jumping server queues because you have premium. Except that everyone paid to play the game. So stupid.
Exactly.  It feels like EA literally just cut the community in half - and if you're not with premium, then fuck you. 
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|5241|Australia
As they said in the Press Conference, Aftermath will be four normal battlefield maps, and the setting is Tehran, Iran moments after an earthquake has hit.
Taken from the symthic forums. If its true, I hope they do something interesting with it and not just 'lol its just regular BF3 except the buildings have already been leveled flat!'
Laika
Member
+75|4858

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Apparently advertising for premium is all over the damn place, even in kill cams when you're killed by a player who bought premium. So glad I quit playing this shit.
The thing in the killcam just says "premium" under the killer's info. The text size isn't any larger than the text for any other part of the box. That and the premium dog tag is the only place where it's advertized in the game. The people complaining about that are just looking for a reason to complain about premium, and that's the best they can come up with.
if you love it so much why don't you marry it?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|5567
100 euros. for a game.

its not even an expansion. They're literally just remaking shit they've already done slightly differently, adding content to the game that could already have been in it on release, and using it to double the cash they get for one game.

it's clever and it's vile
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|5569

I need a swift kick in the balls because I'm willing to try the game again a month or two after they release the last dlc and have hopefully hammered out most of the issues. I played bf2 for quite a while after the last patch was released. Would be great to be able to do that again.

I'm so naive.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|5607
Dude just throw your comp out the window.
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|5203|Pacific NW, USA
I haven't looked back since I installed BC2.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|4819|CA

mtb0minime wrote:

I need a swift kick in the balls because I'm willing to try the game again a month or two after they release the last dlc and have hopefully hammered out most of the issues. I played bf2 for quite a while after the last patch was released. Would be great to be able to do that again.

I'm so naive.
Yeah I'd be into doing this as well, come back after all the hype dies down, maybe score Premium or DLC during a sale and see if it's any fun then.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|5607
DICE Canada was the last dev team to make a sincere Battlefield game.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|5238|Graz, Austria

Lucien wrote:

100 euros. for a game.

its not even an expansion. They're literally just remaking shit they've already done slightly differently, adding content to the game that could already have been in it on release, and using it to double the cash they get for one game.

it's clever and it's vile
Huh?
With all the DLCs you get a total of 29 maps in BF3.

In BF2, you could get a total of 30 maps with EF, AF and SF.
And that cost me €100 retail price too. For BF3 I paid €87 so far.

Apparently, BF2 was already vile, because they demanded money for 14 additional maps and stuff from the boosters and the expansion.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,710|5651|Oxferd Ohire
SF isnt a standalone game tho sup
i had to google that. also seems SF was announced only a month after the release of bf2 lol
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|5607
I was referring to BF Vietnam
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|5382

Superior Mind wrote:

DICE Canada was the last dev team to make a sincere Battlefield game.
Yeah, bring back the 1.3 patch!
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|5567

globefish23 wrote:

Lucien wrote:

100 euros. for a game.

its not even an expansion. They're literally just remaking shit they've already done slightly differently, adding content to the game that could already have been in it on release, and using it to double the cash they get for one game.

it's clever and it's vile
Huh?
With all the DLCs you get a total of 29 maps in BF3.

In BF2, you could get a total of 30 maps with EF, AF and SF.
And that cost me €100 retail price too. For BF3 I paid €87 so far.

Apparently, BF2 was already vile, because they demanded money for 14 additional maps and stuff from the boosters and the expansion.
the booster packs weren't made out to be mandatory though, were they? they were hardly played at all. just separate little expansions you could easily ignore (which I did). This BF3 premium is turning out to be, like some have put it, a way to divide the playerbase into 'proper' players, and lower-class players.

granted, 30 maps on release would have been a lot. But, that still does not even nearly justify a pricetag of 100 euros for the game.

It's basically analogous to Special Forces, which you practically HAD to have to play BF2 properly. That was just as much of a dick move, but not as expensive. I think I picked up both BF2 and SF for 60 euros combined. Now they're doing the same thing, but for a much higher price

so yes, what they did with BF2 and SF was also 'vile' to an extent, but it's not nearly as much of a face fuck as this is

Last edited by Lucien (2012-06-07 08:25:02)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|5414|so randum
SF felt like almost a total conversion too. night modes, ropes+zips, tear gas, flashbangs, jetskis/apache/that other car thing/LOADS OF FACTIONS etc etc

not a few maps, more generic weapons and some dogtags
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|5607
SF did have all those great things, but it was also sorta lacking. It was nice to have all those new factions, but every red team had the same MEC kit. Which was boring to me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard