FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
also massive cpu demands. pr was hilariously unstable on the big big big maps.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
Fine, but that's because they were working with an old tech. Computers are better now and game engines more powerful.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

Superior Mind wrote:

Fine, but that's because they were working with an old tech. Computers are better now and game engines more powerful.
Which raises the question of why some idiots think that BF3 should have been made using Refactor. Refactor was a complete mess, it was so easy to glitch into the environment, and all the guns needed to have a rate-of-fire that's an integer multiple of 300.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Although that map looks bigger than any stock maps, it's still too small for an AC-130.

How is that PR was able to accomplish 17 square kilometer maps?
PR did it because they didn't care about making the game fun.
i had some of my best gaming time on al basra on pr. mongs just didnt play it right and tried walking to the action because they're a bit dumb.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662

jord wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Although that map looks bigger than any stock maps, it's still too small for an AC-130.

How is that PR was able to accomplish 17 square kilometer maps?
PR did it because they didn't care about making the game fun.
i had some of my best gaming time on al basra on pr. mongs just didnt play it right and tried walking to the action because they're a bit dumb.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
i loved flying a littlebird, dropping dudes in then raping some people, then picking up dudes and flying them somewhere else :3

the whole requesting kits and building stuff got a bit convoluted but overall playing it with people you know + mics was actually quite fun
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
so was griefing. 1 person could fuck your entire teams chances up.

man i used to love ramming the apc into people/jeeps/helis/tanks.

Last edited by jord (2012-06-05 11:55:20)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

FatherTed wrote:

i loved flying a littlebird, dropping dudes in then raping some people, then picking up dudes and flying them somewhere else :3

the whole requesting kits and building stuff got a bit convoluted but overall playing it with people you know + mics was actually quite fun
I do that in Sharqi, BHD style

Nothing better than coming in on the deck, zipping up, flaring for landing, drop off passengers on rooftop and away we go.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6297|Australia

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Nice spread out flags.

I notice on the G flag there's what appears to be a littlebird on a helipad. Reminds me of Zatar, where you had the single attack chopper on the middle flag. I guess they're trying to keep everyone from just going infantry on those three clustered flags.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5874|CA
Apparently the AC-130 is on rails. Source.

Gun game is fun in CS, but I don't know if it will be any good in BF3.  Why do they keep trying to make BF3 this "cure-all" game to conquer every aspect of FPS gaming?  Leave BF3 to the big, sandbox vehicular gameplay and leave the CQ intense infantry fights to CoD and MoH...
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California

TopHat01 wrote:

Gun game is fun in CS, but I don't know if it will be any good in BF3.  Why do they keep trying to make BF3 this "cure-all" game to conquer every aspect of FPS gaming?  Leave BF3 to the big, sandbox vehicular gameplay and leave the CQ intense infantry fights to CoD and MoH...
That sucks! my friend and I are great in the chopper and we were looking forward to owning with the AC130.

edit: It's not just BF3. Call of Duty and Medal of Honor have been adding vehicle gameplay as well. I think this is ruining the quality of FPS gaming in general. I wish I was back in 2007 when things were they way they should be. BF2 was a large-scale combat game, Call of Duty 4 was 100% infantry gameplay except for that one AC130 SP mission. Is DICE/Activision/treyarch really making extra money from this crappy decision? Is it worth it in the long run? Hope Novalogic comes along with Angel Falls and kicks every game's ass.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2012-06-05 23:31:41)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

-Sh1fty- wrote:

TopHat01 wrote:

That sucks! my friend and I are great in the chopper and we were looking forward to owning with the AC130.

edit: It's not just BF3. Call of Duty and Medal of Honor have been adding vehicle gameplay as well. I think this is ruining the quality of FPS gaming in general. I wish I was back in 2007 when things were they way they should be. BF2 was a large-scale combat game, Call of Duty 4 was 100% infantry gameplay except for that one AC130 SP mission. Is DICE/Activision/treyarch really making extra money from this crappy decision? Is it worth it in the long run? Hope Novalogic comes along with Angel Falls and kicks every game's ass.
Yeah they are making a shit ton of money. look at the sales for CoD franchise and the revenue they made. BF3 sales made Dice a shit ton of money especially on consoles.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6623

TopHat01 wrote:

The genre is moving towards a mediocre center point that has yet to be reached.

BF becomes more like CoD, CoD becomes more like BF, and in the end they will all be just different variations of essentially the same shitty thing.

Planetside 2/Tribes are trying to achieve something more, but I don't care for their more space-aged themes.

I wish a developer would take the initiative to make a grand scale modern warfare FPS with more user-friendliness than ARMA has ever been able to achieve. That's what I thought BF3 was supposed to be. I realize it's a daunting task, but it would pay off.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6297|Australia
Oh dear....

If the MASS bug is anything to go by, I guess we'll be getting a fix for this sometime in August.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
hahahaha
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
At least that one takes skill to use.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

What a great game.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America
How do they not test anything before they release it? Pretty awful tbh
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Apparently advertising for premium is all over the damn place, even in kill cams when you're killed by a player who bought premium. So glad I quit playing this shit.
Chou
+737|6761

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

Oh dear....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … fNoel95XGo

If the MASS bug is anything to go by, I guess we'll be getting a fix for this sometime in August.
Full server doing that... epic!

knife fight!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

mtb0minime wrote:

Apparently advertising for premium is all over the damn place, even in kill cams when you're killed by a player who bought premium. So glad I quit playing this shit.
The thing in the killcam just says "premium" under the killer's info. The text size isn't any larger than the text for any other part of the box. That and the premium dog tag is the only place where it's advertized in the game. The people complaining about that are just looking for a reason to complain about premium, and that's the best they can come up with.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

And it's all over Battlelog. You have to use a script or extension or adblock or whatever just to block the annoying shit. It's still advertised to you even after you bought it. Stupid.

A lot of people have said it's treating them like someone playing free vs. a paying customer in an F2P game, especially with jumping server queues because you have premium. Except that everyone paid to play the game. So stupid.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
hater
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Meh. I paid the price, I put in the time. Not like I'm some CoD kiddo screaming from the sidelines despite having never touched the thing.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
i don't like the idea of the skipping queues though, it does introduce some sort of 'class' within bf3. everyone payed for the game, some people payed for some more stuff that isn't supposed to be an advantage, just more options but skipping queues that can be quite a wait for some good servers is quite an advantage
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard