Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

FatherTed wrote:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/employment/employees/thenationalminimumwage/dg_10027201
I'm 19 lolz

Last edited by Finray (2012-05-31 09:35:13)

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
iceman785
+93|6642|Alaska, mother fucker.

Dilbert_X wrote:

iceman785 wrote:

I am a bear guard, I'm given a remington 870 with slugs but can only shoot the bears if they're eating someone. Boss said to shoot myself instead of the bear as it's less paper work.
If you're a bear guard aren't you supposed to defend the bears?

Maybe its guard bear - in which case I don't think you should have a shotgun.
I guard people from bears. Also, sitting here trying to take a drug test but didn't drink water before hand and I'm dehydrated... Haven't been able to provide for two tests lol and now I'm on my last cup of water. This blows.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Doubtful a shotgun will take down a fully grown polar bear, especially a female protecting youngs.

But quite interesting when they take over towns.
iceman785
We only use soft lead slugs. When a bear comes into an operation we shut down operations until the bear leaves. You let the bear be the bear. Haze the people, not the bear.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California
Got an 82 on my ASVAB and above 115 on all my line scores

Now to pass the physical exam If I fail anything it'll be there.

Also the people at MEPS are absolute cold stone assholes who are either robots or really hate their job.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Yet another interview on monday. That linkedin upgrade seems to be a good thing so far.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Got an 82 on my ASVAB and above 115 on all my line scores

Now to pass the physical exam If I fail anything it'll be there.

Also the people at MEPS are absolute cold stone assholes who are either robots or really hate their job.
you will turn into that
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6526|Kent, UK

Buckles wrote:

Just interviewed for a job, and it went really well. I've met the guy a few times and he invited me for interview today. I'll go from £17k basic to OTE of c.£33k. And the targets are very achieveable. Here's hoping I get it; should hear in the next few days.
Got a call yesterday offering me the job. I am over the moon! :-D

Last edited by Buckles (2012-06-02 00:23:10)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

-Sh1fty- wrote:

But its a great career.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
iceman785

Buckles wrote:

Buckles wrote:

Just interviewed for a job, and it went really well. I've met the guy a few times and he invited me for interview today. I'll go from £17k basic to OTE of c.£33k. And the targets are very achieveable. Here's hoping I get it; should hear in the next few days.
Got a call yesterday offering me the job. I am over the moon! :-D
Congrats. Going to a job where you are making 2x what you were making before is a really good feeling.
Ultrafunkula

Coming up: 1h phone interview in a moment. Nerrrrvousss!
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
stare at pictures of naked women on your pc whilst you do it to calm your nerves
Ultrafunkula

Well shit. Phonecall postponed until tomorrow or later today.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
all those naked ladies, wasted
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
Anybody ever worked at Office Depot before?  I might go there and repair computers, my friend said he used to do it and made about $10.00 an hour after commission

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-06-04 13:42:49)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
$10/hr? That sounds a bit shit
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD

Finray wrote:

$10/hr? That sounds a bit shit
Minimum wage is $7.50 in my state(Federal minimum as well) so it's not that bad at all.  Plus I'm not doing anything else so I'll probably pile on the hours if it's not an awful place to work.

It definitely won't allow me to live on my own but at least I'll be doing something, and have an income again, and people will be off my ass about the job situation.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-06-04 14:13:19)

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam
They gave me 44h this week.
Like i haven't made enough money already... God, how annoying!

e: pretty sure they'll think of a way to bum me again to restore the love-hate-balance.

Last edited by Kampframmer (2012-06-04 14:30:46)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I took the ASVAB last week, and tomorrow I'm taking the AIMS test. AIMS is a personality test to see if you're mentally sane and a team player, I think, so I should be able to pass that.

A week or two after this I take the physical examination at MEPS. I'm underweight but still within 5% of the required amount so I can get in. What I'm really worried about are my eyes. Last time I got my eyes checked I was 20/40 and that was about a year ago. Since then I've gotten glasses which help but I forget if I'm still 20/40 or not. That's the limit that's acceptable. My future is at stake here damnit. Any tips on ways to improve eyesight? I notice that when I drink coca-cola I have a lot of trouble focusing my eyes for the next two or three hours so I'm guessing it's the sugar. I'll avoid all sugars for the next couple of days leading up to MEPS.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney

_j5689_ wrote:

Anybody ever worked at Office Depot before?  I might go there and repair computers, my friend said he used to do it and made about $10.00 an hour after commission
AFTER commission?
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma
lol improving your eyesight
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

eat carrots
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Yeah whenever I figure out the MEPS date I'll relax on the reading (I overstress my eyes way too much with studying in poor lighting), exercise even more, only drink water and milk, and eat tons of carrots. If coke can totally FK my eyesight for a few hours, surely there's a little something that can improve it if a body reacts to things like that.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

eat carrots
They'll help you see in the dark. Night vision!
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Turns out I was actually kinda sorta a little bit correct

Carrots contain some vitamin A. A lack of vitamin A can be bad for your eyesight, but eating more of it has not been shown to improve eyesight.

This was a story put about by the War Office during the Second World War. They were trying to keep secret the new invention of Radar by saying that the members of the Royal Observer Corps were eating carrots to improve their night time vision, thus explaining our improbably high intercept rate of the enemies aircraft.

To be technically correct, carrots do NOT improve or help eyesight. Carrots contain beta carotene which the body converts to vitamin A. Vitamin A helps many things including maintaining eyesight. However no matter how many carrots you eat, your eyesight will not improve. On the other hand vitamin A deficiency can lead to night blindness so it is important to maintain a health diet of vitamin A.
In short if your vision is 20/20 eating carrots will not give you 20/10 vision no matter how many carrots you eat.

Although carrots can be beneficial, be careful not to go overboard. Eating too many could make you sick.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_eating_c … r_eyesight

Last edited by Jaekus (2012-06-04 16:31:00)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard