Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6094|eXtreme to the maX

KuSTaV wrote:

When I apply the brakes, they make a sound much like the sound of gas escaping. Its audible inside of the car as well as outside.

wat do
Check your brake servo and any hoses connecting the servo to the manifold.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
jord
+2,382|6666|The North, beyond the wall.
I heard black cars are worth on average £400 more than any other colour of the same make/model.

Deal with it.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5167|Sydney

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Nah silver cars are way less visible than black cars. Only time a black car is less visible is at night, but unless you don't have lights on then it's as visible as any other car. Many drivers don't put lights on in the wet, which is pretty annoying and dangerous.
Apparently you are wrong

Leading Monash University Accident Research Centre researcher, Dr Stuart Newstead, has warned that the surge in popularity of silver vehicles presents an increased crash risk on Australian roads.

Dr Newstead is the author of the recent Vehicle Colour Study, conducted by MUARC, which found that white is the safest car colour.

The study found that black cars are most likely to be involved in an accident, with a 12 percent higher crash risk than white vehicles, but Dr Newstead believes the study's finding that silver cars had a ten percent higher crash risk than white should be of concern given the high sales volume of silver vehicles.
How does that prove I'm wrong?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its was a study on car colour, visibility and accident statistics, the rest is obvious.
Jaekus
+957|5167|Sydney
Maybe you should post that first then, rather than leave it out.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5025|Massachusetts, USA
Those results are easy to skew. How many black cars vs white, red, green, yellow, and silver cars (individually) are there?

Stupid tbh, accidents can happen to anyone at anytime.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Jaekus
+957|5167|Sydney
White is the most common car colour.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6488|so randum
comes round every decade or so
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6705|Riva, MD

Jaekus wrote:

Nah silver cars are way less visible than black cars. Only time a black car is less visible is at night, but unless you don't have lights on then it's as visible as any other car. Many drivers don't put lights on in the wet, which is pretty annoying and dangerous.
More and more cars are coming with a standard feature that automatically turns the lights on not only at night but when the wipers are on as well.  My car does it and it's a 2002

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-06-03 07:40:33)

Jaekus
+957|5167|Sydney
Wish they'd have it here. Been quite a few times when I've gone to change lanes in the wet only to notice at the last minute a silver car without lights on, basically invisible with all the grey of the rain, road and overcast sky.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6705|Riva, MD
That's interesting, more often than not when you're driving on the highway here in the rain, almost everybody here has headlights on if they don't have unnecessarily bright foglights/highbeams on as well.  Sometimes I think really fucking stupid or ignorant people think fogs/beams ARE the headlights

I also forgot to mention that it's law in many states, including my own, to turn headlights on at all times that you have the wipers on.
Christbane
+51|6223

iceman785 wrote:

To claybar, buff, cut and wax a car takes well over four hours... And that's how you get rid of swirl marks. Swirl marks are part of being a black car, and a buffing machine isn't what causes it. I'd rather use a machine than do it by hand, work smarter not harder. You get the same result.
first of all if you are going to go through all of the steps of buffing a car you have no need at all for a claybar and it might take 4 hours for an armature but I have been painting cars for 20 years. my point was there is no need at all to machine buff a car unless you have deep scratches and if you hand wash your car and use the right products for polish or wax you wont get swirl marks.  buffers DO cause swirl marks if you don't use the proper product and pads as do automatic car washes.  I own a body shop and have been painting cars for 20+ years I am pretty sure I know what I am talking about.  swirl marks are only part of being a black car for people who have no idea how to prevent them.
Eifa
Never regret anything that ever made you smile.
+923|5860|00770
If anyone can find me an electric side mirror, preferably red one for Nissan 200sx (s14, left hand side), I'll give you karmaz.
It can be a used one, as long as it's working and the price is low-ish.

Doesn't have to be red either if the electricity is working, but if you can find the whole thing in ok condition even better..
No, I don't need an attitude adjustment. You just need to fuck off.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jaekus wrote:

Wish they'd have it here. Been quite a few times when I've gone to change lanes in the wet only to notice at the last minute a silver car without lights on, basically invisible with all the grey of the rain, road and overcast sky.
Still more visible than black cars.
Jaekus
+957|5167|Sydney
Not in my experience.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5953|London, England

isnt it illegal to drive in the rain without your lights on
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Jaekus
+957|5167|Sydney
I'm not sure if it is illegal but it should be.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6611|Little Bentcock
I have my headlights on every time I drive.
Jaekus
+957|5167|Sydney
I don't but the rule for me is if it's too dark to wear sunnies the headlights should be on, and anytime I need wipers on the headlights are on too.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6611|Little Bentcock
I put mine on cos people are fucking idiots.
jord
+2,382|6666|The North, beyond the wall.
mine are just on all the time, well 1 of them...

motorbikesssssss HO
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5953|London, England

I honestly never see people without their lights on in the rain

its like one of those things you cant mess up
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5777|Catherine Black
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Fun, but deathtraps.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6560