iceman785
+93|6643|Alaska, mother fucker.
Never buying a black car again... Fucking swirl marks drive me insane.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
buy a lambo those come in plenty of bright colors
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
I ordered new coil packs for my car, SOOOOO worth it.  Idles so smoothly and quietly you wouldn't know it was on and there's much more power at the pedal that never used to be there, gas mileage went up a little bit too for sure.  This is the tune-up part to have for Ford modular engines with 140-150K on the odometer.

iceman785 wrote:

Never buying a black car again... Fucking swirl marks drive me insane.
Protip: Get touchup paint from an automotive store.  Find yourself a good applicator for it too cuz the pen-tips NEVER work on those things and the brush cakes it on.  But it does wonders for missing paint chips on the wind-torn hood/grille area as well as bumper corner smudges.
iceman785
It's not chips or anything, it's just when you wax the car the buffer machine puts loads and loads of swirl marks into the paint. You have to buy a special kit that removes the swirl marks, it does this to every car, just black makes it stand out like crazy.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5007|Massachusetts, USA
Buff it by hand?
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker
^ This
iceman785
You realize, it would take well over 4 hours just do buff it by hand? Not to mention the hour or so you'd spend clay baring the car. It's worth it to invest in machine buffer if you've got a black car.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX
This is why I buy silver cars.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
UnkleRukus
That Guy

iceman785 wrote:

You realize, it would take well over 4 hours just do buff it by hand? Not to mention the hour or so you'd spend clay baring the car. It's worth it to invest in machine buffer if you've got a black car.
Rushing jobs tends to lead to poor quality.

Taking your time and having patience leads to high quality.

Your choice, just don't go bitching about the finished product.
iceman785

UnkleRukus wrote:

iceman785 wrote:

A machine will buff just as good as by hand... Just takes 1/4 of the time.

I love the finished look of a black car, but maintenance on keeping it that way is way too much work.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6162|Roma

iceman785 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

iceman785 wrote:

I love the finished look of a black car, but maintenance on keeping it that way is way too much work.
obviously not if you get swirls..
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
UnkleRukus
That Guy

iceman785 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

iceman785 wrote:

Did the machines packaging, or salesman tell you that?

Have patience, you dont need to rush everything.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6538|NYC / Hamburg

Why go through all that trouble? I've never heard of someone doing this in europe. What's the advantage?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

iceman785 wrote:

well thats why sunday afternoons were invented
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6780|Marathon, Florida Keys
new black headlights and black grille on my truck https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/538201_3937124584146_1160810806_33706822_197196525_n.jpg
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
hideous
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6360

RTHKI wrote:

hideous
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Christbane
+51|6205

iceman785 wrote:

4 hours?  it takes a half hour to polish my black mid sized truck. the only time you need a buffer is if you have to get scratches out. and you only put swirl marks in a car if you are using the wrong pad or the wrong product or you didn't wash the car first and were polishing the car with dust and dirt.
iceman785
To claybar, buff, cut and wax a car takes well over four hours... And that's how you get rid of swirl marks. Swirl marks are part of being a black car, and a buffing machine isn't what causes it. I'd rather use a machine than do it by hand, work smarter not harder. You get the same result.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Or you can buy your vehicles pre-scratched/dented - and leave them that way.

It takes out all the worry TBH.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney

Dilbert_X wrote:

This is why I buy silver cars.
Worst colour car to buy, they're practically invisible in the wet.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its OK, I put the lights on - damn non-Volvo doesn't do it for me, and they're a lot more visible than black cars - another reason not to buy black cars.

Black cars bake in the sun - thats three good reason not to buy a black car.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney
Nah silver cars are way less visible than black cars. Only time a black car is less visible is at night, but unless you don't have lights on then it's as visible as any other car. Many drivers don't put lights on in the wet, which is pretty annoying and dangerous.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6482|Gold Coast
When I apply the brakes, they make a sound much like the sound of gas escaping. Its audible inside of the car as well as outside.

wat do
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jaekus wrote:

Nah silver cars are way less visible than black cars. Only time a black car is less visible is at night, but unless you don't have lights on then it's as visible as any other car. Many drivers don't put lights on in the wet, which is pretty annoying and dangerous.
Apparently you are wrong

Leading Monash University Accident Research Centre researcher, Dr Stuart Newstead, has warned that the surge in popularity of silver vehicles presents an increased crash risk on Australian roads.

Dr Newstead is the author of the recent Vehicle Colour Study, conducted by MUARC, which found that white is the safest car colour.

The study found that black cars are most likely to be involved in an accident, with a 12 percent higher crash risk than white vehicles, but Dr Newstead believes the study's finding that silver cars had a ten percent higher crash risk than white should be of concern given the high sales volume of silver vehicles.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard