Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

i hope they do keep rejecting it but it's pointless having an unhappy manager. contracts mean nothing these days in football, feel sorry for Norwich. i can understand Rodgers wanting to move to Liverpool, but to Aston Villa? roflmao don't think soooooooo
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6644|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
What confuses me a little about these managers jumping ship and compensation being paid.  Rogers was the shit at Swansea lets be fair.  Martinez started it off and he came in and just tweaked it.  His scouts and coaches are doing a great job, he's taken 3 backroomers with him.  £4m approx compo.  Thats a fucking steal.  Why isnt it £15m for eg?  Carroll and Toress went for hugely inflated prices, but why dont managers go for what i think is a proportionaly better and fairer price?

If I was chairman or woman and the manager came to me and said I wanna resign as so n so want me, Id be torn.  I wouldnt want you at my club anymore but if I couldnt replace you with better Id have to keep you.  But you cant do to him, what he will do to players, ie, tell you your going to rot in the reserves until your contract is out.  However, there is a law now proventing them from doing so, or at least, ahhh fuck it, I dunno, boring myself now
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
it makes me wonder what the point of contracts are at all, given the rate players and managers turn over atm.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Its not right and I dont agree with it.  Perhaps they are trying to do what other people do, for eg these city whiz kids go from company to company and could well be contracted I dont know.  Rarely who read or here something very re-freshing 'I have a so n so contract and Im going to see it out'.  I think Brendan Rogers said words to that effect on May 19th this year.

You could understand it though when they 'better' themselves which is what all decent sports people try and do (well not just sports), but this week just seems odd to me, even odder if Lambert does go to Villa, arguebly a much bigger club with history, but isnt it all about next season and not last years anon?
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
errr lol
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

assuming it's true... £70m on two players lol, just after info was released showing Man City spent 114% of their revenue on wages alone, Chelsea not as much but topped the chart with £191m in wages alone

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18248540

Chelsea - £191m (up from £174m in 2009-10)
Manchester City - £174m (£133m)
Manchester United - £153m (£132m)
Liverpool - £135m (£121m)
Arsenal - £124m (£111m)

would love to see where Chelsea and City would be without their shiny owners

"Record loss of £82m at Man City"

fecking hilarious and scary

Last edited by Toilet Sex (2012-05-31 15:39:56)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
whats this shiny new financial thing thats being brought in next season. i read that city would have to stop with the massive money slinging or they'd breach some sort of agreement
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

as if it will have any effect, Chelsea and City's owners will get around the FFP rules easily. just like the Etihad naming rights for example... the owners of City are pretty much sponsoring their own stadium to try to balance the books lol

Last edited by Toilet Sex (2012-05-31 15:41:54)

Cisse
+63|4339
inb4 Pardew comes along and grabs some youth from outer mongolia for £2m and smashes 30 goals a season
pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
more like;

inb4 oil oligarch comes along and grabs cisse for 30m and barely uses him
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
and now lambert confirms for villa

wtf is going on. two fairly 'up and coming' managers both leaving their cute little teams for stupid ones
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Cisse
+63|4339
lameos
pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
exactly sam!!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
"Dirk Kuyt insists the appointment of Brendan Rodgers as Liverpool manager has nothing to do with his decision to join Fenerbahce."
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

i hope i never see that prick again
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Cisse
+63|4339
lucky his mrs was there otherwise theyd of got battered
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

yay Kagawa <33333333333
Cisse
+63|4339
hes good is he ts?

dont think ive ever seen him play
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
He's scored a few goals (mainly in the Japanese 2nd division) where Dortmund signed him from for a few hundred thousand.
But seriously he is a good player.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

just heard this on the radio 27 http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 … d-kit-blue

looks like you will be red after all, what do you think? i'd be majorly annoyed if it as Man Utd switching to blue for some reason
Out of all my mates Im the most ardent Cardiff Fan and they know this.  Ive gone from having the piss taken out of me for following us regardless what league to watching these lads get defensive when the banter starts about 'Big game bottlers' etc.

It dosent matter what league we are in I will support us, you cant help that, also dosent matter what colour we play in, what our nickname is, or even what the badge looks like (hope to pick up work on the back end of this as in the past).

When I first spoke about this here we had been promised £100M from the Malaysians.  The fans went potty, they took a step back and said they would 're asses their investment plans'.  Well as the link says, they are going ahead and know how much it will piss the fans off.

What would piss them off more is if the owners said 'Fuck you then, keep it Blue etc etc we are off elsewhere'.  We'd start the season -10 points as we are loosing £1m a month.  They have already invested £40m+.  They own the club and can do what they like with it, I dont see why people have a problem with it.  I think its a cheek that fans moan 'they didnt speak to us about it'.  Well they dont usually, 'ohh lets ask Dai the Pie if he thinks we should go and buy Kenny Miller'.  Like fuck, they make the decisions, they pay the bills, get over it.

I would piss myself if these fickle valleys idiots stopped supporting us, we got promoted and they came back again.

Its not removing our history as people claim, we are not another club all of a sudden, we are still the Bluebirds, still Cardiff City but we are playing in Red (home) and Blue (away) with a new badge, woopeee doo.  Get over it, thankfully the investros/owners/Malaysians have already and still gonna put their money in
Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6632|The Outer Circle
No more McLeish!

Paul Lambert's claret and blue army!!

Seriously tho, it doesn't matter who took the villa job, since Lerners missus took most of his money in the divorce were basically broke
Oh and the fact he cares more about the Cleveland Browns it seems.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
Chelsea set to give Di Mateo the job !!

Did Roman forget to take his medication...What an unusually smart decision, can't believe it, very happy.
I know fucking karate

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard