Poll

When I play BF3

I get headaches or eye problems16%16% - 5
I do not get any headaches or eye problems83%83% - 26
Total: 31
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5451
Whenever my screen gets blurry from suppression my eyes always try to refocus. The end result is having to walk away from the game with sore eyes and a focal point fixed at about 10 feet in front of my face. On occasion I will get repetitious rapid eye movement from left to right. Its really freaky when that happens. I think that maybe due to the constant screen shaking. Between the game lighting, coloring, tac lights and the overwhelming sun I also started getting headaches. Currently I am not even able to play the game because it gets worse every time I do.

Ive tried playing on 3 different TV sets
-Sony LED
-Sony LCD
-Panasonic Plasma

and I have the same issues no matter which one I use. It seems only this game and MW2 did this to me. I did not play any CoD games after that one. To me playing BF3 is like sticking my head in a paint shaker, while wearing someone else's prescription glasses, and having a flash light shined directly into my eyes after having them dilated. It torture just to look at this thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2QjpLmOKz8

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2012-05-22 19:10:02)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
Nope, afraid not.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria
Seems that you happen to have those light sensitivity/epilepsy symptoms that the game manual is warning from.

Make sure you play in a well lit room, make short breaks frequently (every 15min), properly sit in front of your monitor at the right distance.
Other than that, I can only suggest you to visit a doctor (neurologist and/or ophthalmologist).
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5451

globefish23 wrote:

Seems that you happen to have those light sensitivity/epilepsy symptoms that the game manual is warning from.

Make sure you play in a well lit room, make short breaks frequently (every 15min), properly sit in front of your monitor at the right distance.
Other than that, I can only suggest you to visit a doctor (neurologist and/or ophthalmologist).
...or just stop playing BF3 since its one of 2 games that have ever caused me these types of problems.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5874|CA
How large are the TV sets that you play on? Try playing on a smaller set (ideally, a computer monitor) and see if you still experience the problems.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5451

TopHat01 wrote:

How large are the TV sets that you play on? Try playing on a smaller set (ideally, a computer monitor) and see if you still experience the problems.
37" 3D LED
40" Plasma
52" LCD

I dont really feel I should have to hook up a smaller monitor just for playing this game. I have a 21" in the closet but I dont see the point in dragging it out since the 37" was its replacement
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter
I play on a 23.6" and my eyes are fine.
eye strain - the screen sounds too large that you are on

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2012-05-23 20:02:45)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
Instead of creating a functional squad system they decided to make shakycam/blur/bloom 10 times worse for the "is it real or is it Battlefield?" TV ads.  It's got nothing to do with epilepsy, plenty of people have noticed the same thing. 

BF3 is generally just a very uncomfortable game to play.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5874|CA

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

TopHat01 wrote:

37" 3D LED
40" Plasma
52" LCD

I dont really feel I should have to hook up a smaller monitor just for playing this game. I have a 21" in the closet but I dont see the point in dragging it out since the 37" was its replacement
Well if the suppression/blur effects are bothering you, a smaller screen would likely help your case. 

Otherwise, ensure you're sitting a good distance (4-6 feet) away from the screen, take breaks/don't focus so hard, and try to enjoy the game. I typically only play BF3 in 1-2 hour segments at most, usually I play a couple rounds and I'm done.
rdx-fx
+955|6561
it gets worse the older you get.

used to be able to play hours of Quake (2 or 3), the original twitch arena game.

now, about 15 minutes of Portal 2 is headache inducing.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5451

rdx-fx wrote:

it gets worse the older you get.

used to be able to play hours of Quake (2 or 3), the original twitch arena game.

now, about 15 minutes of Portal 2 is headache inducing.
That may have something to do with it. I can still play most of my games just fine on any of those screens from 2-3 feet away from them, but Im 30, 31 next month, so BF3 just isn't the game for me. The screen effects are the only thing that make it unplayable for me.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2012-05-24 16:31:05)

Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6297|Australia
I get sore eyes from playing this (and not other games) too. Between the supernova-sun, flashlights and suppression everything goes blurry/bright and I squint to try and see. Doesn't help, of course.

I also find myself having to refrain from wiping my screen off, thinking the glare is actually a smudge on my monitor. This game has some serious issues.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.
It depends if I'm playing with surround vision on my three 22" monitors or not. With no surround vision I'm totally fine, but after a while playing on three screens my head starts to get sore. I attribute that to having mass movement in my peripheral vision.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.
Have you tried fiddling with the graphics settings, or are you playing on a conslol?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6340|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
Use a smaller screen. Im on 17" and I have no problems. Although my eyes do get bloodshot after 2-3 hours playing at a time.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
weak, try playing wow for 20 hours

fuckers
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Collateralis
Beep bep.

Finray wrote:

weak, try playing wow for 20 hours

fuckers
Ha. Ha. Ha. ? Ha? Oh.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria

Collateralis wrote:

Use a smaller screen. Im on 17" and I have no problems. Although my eyes do get bloodshot after 2-3 hours playing at a time.
That's because you hardly move them and barely close your eyelids.
Moisturizing eye drops should help.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5451
Actually...
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ … Generation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUaCq1xULko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sSsRIhVYB4
There are many places you can find people talking about how visually fustrating BF3 actually is.
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7935186.page
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … until.html
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … -song.html
I could go on but its not likely anyone will click more than one of those links so it would just be a waste of time.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2012-05-28 19:49:23)

Collateralis
Beep bep.
I pooped a hammer.
I never thought it would happen to me but i got nauseous after playing Call of Duty 4 pc playing on a multiplayer map.  the visuals were intense... /only played total of 45 min that game heh
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5874|CA

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

I never thought it would happen to me but i got nauseous after playing Call of Duty 4 pc playing on a multiplayer map.  the visuals were intense... /only played total of 45 min that game heh
set your fov to 80, then you'll be good
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
No problems with headaches or eye problems, but apparently boredom is an issue.  I've played one round in the last 2-3 months.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard