Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker
Overnight I turn my PC off and restart it up in the morning.  The problem is, the monitor is on, but won't display for awhile.  I'll turn it off and on and for about 2 seconds it's lit, then goes black.  Eventually it'll stay on after I turn it off and on.  Seems like after it warms up enough, the screen stays lit.  What would cause this?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Stingray24 wrote:

What would cause this?
When you turn it on, the metal heats up. This causes an expansion in the metal (Thermal expansion) that connects the circuit boards. It could be as simple as a corroded connector pin first needing to warm up to make contact.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Stingray24
Safe way to warm it up faster?  It's getting colder here in WI and it's annoying waiting around for it to warm up.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6763|Jupiter
Try disconnecting the power cable for a few seconds and inserting it back in. My Acer had bad "capacitors".

I had the same problem with an Acer monitor, it burnt out after a year and I will never buy another, currently only using Samsung or Asus monitors.

Last edited by eusgen (2011-10-20 07:05:09)

Stingray24
My 17 inch Samsung I had previous never gave me any issues, great monitor.  Friend upgraded and gave me this 20 inch Acer and it worked great for awhile.  Guess I'll have to get myself a 20 inch Samsung with the tax return this year.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6763|Jupiter
Best of luck to ya!
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I thought it was commonly known that ACER monitors are kinda cheap with quality to match the price?
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Stingray24
Well, it was free, it's a 20 inch and my current monitor was a 17, and he had no issues with it.  But he leaves his PC on all the time.  While I'm at work 12 hours a day I shut mine down, no reason to pay the energy company more.
FloppY_
­

Stingray24 wrote:

Well, it was free, it's a 20 inch and my current monitor was a 17, and he had no issues with it.  But he leaves his PC on all the time.  While I'm at work 12 hours a day I shut mine down, no reason to pay the energy company more.
I never meant they were bad value...
Stingray24
Fair point on the quality, though.  My Samsung 17 inch never missed a beat and had great color.  Should have kept it until I picked up a Samsung 20 inch.   Oh well, tax return will arrive in February.
FloppY_
­
<3 My Samsung T200
Stingray24
Very nice

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31MFNzch6%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
FloppY_
­
It's getting abit old but it's never skipped a beat :3
Stingray24
Picked up a Samsung SyncMaster S22B310.  Love.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

Stingray24 wrote:

Picked up a Samsung SyncMaster S22B310.  Love.
noice. i have 3 of them, i like them

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard