Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Speaking of Maynard, a rubber match should be in the works for them now that Edgar is no longer champ right? They are both 1-1-1 against each other.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

No, Frankie difinitively beat Maynard so he needs a couple wins under his belt before he challenges again. It will probably be Edgar/Henderson rematch I'm thinking. But it sucks for the LW division because no one really gets to move into title contention with all these rematches.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
That face-kick was nasty. Edgar did well after taking that beating, to stick with it till the end. Henderson looked like he could go for another 5 after that though.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Am I the only one who looks forward to a Rousey=Santos fight someday?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

oh and
https://i.imgur.com/jYYBI.jpg
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

https://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1022978/375065_312270992173598_105323946201638_825643_761345729_n.jpg
I'm more interested in this than Jones-Evans.

My bets: Dos Santos, Velazquez, Silva.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Ubereem, can't choose, Nelson.

Not sold on Giant Silva being an elite Heavyweight.  Frank Mir is dangerous, but Cain may get to him early with boxing.  But Mir is one of the best BJJ heavyweights in MMA.

I'm really looking forward to the May 5th UFC on FX? card.  Love watching both Diaz bros, so Nate vs. Jim Miller should be a great fight.  Two guys who like to fight and are amazing grapplers.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Overeem has a weak chin and gasses quick. If he can't finish Dos Santos early, or if Dos Santos catches him like he caught Cain, he'll get TKO'd. I am so-so about Big Foot but Nelson has been a punching bag his last few fights. I don't see him managing to out box or hold Big foot. Mir's stand up is pretty bad.

The diaz brothers always put on shows so yeah that'll be cool
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I'm not really sold on the weak chin Overeem argument, but Dos Santos does punch HARD. Overeem has done fine in kickboxing matches against some legends.  That Dos Santos/Cain fight was an anomaly in my opinion.  Cain didn't look physically ready to fight.  Nelson's a tough dude too.  Guy can take a punch for sure.

I like the idea of an all heavyweight main card.  I would love to see Mark Hunt win again too, even though I like Steven Struve.  Should be good.

I'm hyped for the Rashad/Bones fight too.  I think Jones comes off as less than genuine in his interviews, but dude can fucking fight.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

It's not just the main card. The whole thing looks great. For once the Facebook card actually looks interesting. Which makes sense since heavyweight fight usually end so quick they'll need something to fill time. But yeah. 146 looks

Jones is a great fighter and a finisher. He's going to hold down the LHW division for awhile.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Overeem failed his surprise drug test.  Unless his other piss sample passes, he's off the card.  Guy has been dogged by steroid rumors ever since he bulked up from 205.  Doesn't look good for him.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Yeah I just saw the news. Very disappointing. If the other fails I wonder what will be done with 146.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

part of the reasoning behind having a lot of contender bouts on the same card is in case there is an injury/failed test like this.  They'll move Mir or Cain into the main event.

I think the UFC noticed last year that main events were getting crushed by injuries, so the last few cards have had more or less contender bouts on the same cards as title/main event fights.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Cain-Mir is a cool match don't get me wrong but it is not enough to justify buying a PPV. For me at least. How likely do you think Cain or Mir will get bumped up to a title shot?

on a sidenote; I know juicing is bad and all but it's really annoying missing fights because of a "random test". FFS
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

If overeem really did piss hot (and testing the second sample will tell us), he's the fucking idiot.

I'm thinking at least a 75% chance one of them gets bumped up. Most likely Mir as Cain just fought dos santos but you never know.
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5953|Perth, indian ocean
don't know how he could possibly think he could get away with it..
However check this article out, it's highly unlikely but it would be pretty extraordinary if this happened

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/5/292683 … -event-mma

Has a few good points IMO
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Never going to happen
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

So Jon-Evans is coming up soon. Can't wait for Evans to get manhandled like he did with Machida
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Congratulations to JDS on his first successful title defense.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Eh, Mir's got a chance if he can get the fight to the ground. He snapped the arm of JDS's grappling coach so it's not necessarily a gimme. Still, JDS is the overwhelming favorite in my book.

Anyone see that alverez/aoki fight? Was really hoping aoki would take one of his limbs too. I still hope he comes over to fight in a US promotion instead of just doing these one-off fights.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

He got wobbled by Big Nog right before though.

I know it's the popular consensus but UFC on Fox 3 was the best one yet. I was betting on Miller.

Also - JDs v Mir, Cain v Bigfoot... So unless we get a Overeem vs Cain 9 months from now, we'll end up with a Cain v JDS rematch. How fucking interesting
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Also, after the fight the 10 pm news was on. They had one of those little special interest segments about Jim Miller in the program. Was there something similar for Nate Diaz over there?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

nope. maybe in shit ride stockton.  what else do they have to look forward to?
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5953|Perth, indian ocean
pretty bummed domnic cruz tore his ACL, was hanging out to see him and faber again
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

you guys watch the fights last night?  Korean Zombie is the real deal dude! Great fight!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard