-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
I paint enemy helicopters with my laser painted and lock on with the guided missiles. The missile takes the usual top-down attack pattern but seems to always miss the enemy helicopters. They never miss the enemy vehicles or SOFLAMs but they have a 50-50 on enemy helicopters. The enemy choppers had flares not ECM.

Does anybody else have this problem? Personally, those missiles are life-savers when they work, but a death sentence when they miss.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6360
I've said it before and I'll say it again

west-phoenix-az wrote:

ah6, z11 would be with rocket pods
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
They would be nice with some rocket pods but the guided missile works fine when it doesn't play ring around the rosie with the enemy chopper trying to kill me.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

I haven't had any problems at all. I wonder if it's an XBox thing? Or maybe their heli is moving too quickly?
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5007|Massachusetts, USA
Sometimes the missiles miss, the heli could be too low to the ground, it could have dove while popping ecm. All sorts of factors.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
thepilot91
+64|6207|Åland!
it doesnt work fine , its SLOW ASS FUCK and as you mentioned rarely hits air-targets , and doesnt do enough damage against ground vehicles...
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

I think the scout misiles are better than the attack helis because they are slower. It means that the enemy jets, heli pop their flares too early. If you're at long range you have a good chance of taking them out.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6769|Long Beach, CA
I don't understand when I fire the guided missile it seems like it is coming from 3 choppers behind me....yes it does take forever for the missile to get going.  I still use it effectively enough but it can be frustrating.  That goes for all aspects of this game though....if everything worked as intended or probably as we perceive it would then we wouldn't have anything bitch about.
Ptfo
GeoEnvi
+22|6657|Philadelphia, PA

-Sh1fty- wrote:

They would be nice with some rocket pods but the guided missile works fine when it doesn't play ring around the rosie with the enemy chopper trying to kill me.
This.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Well that's freaking brilliant! Now they're letting flares distract Javelins and guided missiles. How retarded is that? It takes a lot of time to get to the laser-painter/guided-missile combo to laz-kill enemy vehicles. So now that enemy helis can just flare is freaking retarded and defeats the purpose of laser guided missiles and ECM jammer.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
just use A2A, fire your first missile, wait for the flare, then fire your second and follow with the guns

not hard
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
thepilot91
+64|6207|Åland!

FatherTed wrote:

just use A2A, fire your first missile, wait for the flare, then fire your second and follow with the guns

not hard
against tanks and aa too?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
so just rely on your guns then v0v one solid burst into the cockpit even at range seems to be enough
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
or (this is a big or) consider that the attack heli is meant to be your anti armour guy, and you mop up inf
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
or your jets etc etc. point is while it might be fun, having one helicopter that does the job of the attack heli and to a slight extent the transport heli, in one tiny package might not be a good thing
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Keep in mind on xbox 360 you only get the scout helis on Damavand (1 each) and Noshahr Canals (2 USMC, 1 RU)
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6665|Howell, Mi USA

west-phoenix-az wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again

west-phoenix-az wrote:

ah6, z11 would be with rocket pods
Win
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5451
Really the guns a speed of littlebird choppers are more of an issue than guided missiles. These things fly way to slow and the guns are really bug eyed plus they do almost no damage to infantry.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Really the guns a speed of littlebird choppers are more of an issue than guided missiles. These things fly way to slow and the guns are really bug eyed plus they do almost no damage to infantry.
Doesn't make sense that those nimble little helicopters are so bad at pulling out of a dive vs. a huey or an attack chopper. They weigh nothing and can't be all that unpowerful.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5007|Massachusetts, USA

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Doesn't make sense that those nimble little helicopters are so bad at pulling out of a dive vs. a huey or an attack chopper. They weigh nothing and can't be all that unpowerful.
When you pull a dive in any aircraft, it becomes increasingly difficult to pull out of the dive the faster you're going. Those little scout heli's have little surface area to provide lift at speed.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

UnkleRukus wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

When you pull a dive in any aircraft, it becomes increasingly difficult to pull out of the dive the faster you're going. Those little scout heli's have little surface area to provide lift at speed.
Indeed.
The weapon mounts of the Viper and Havoc are actually short wings which provide aerodynamic lift.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5451

globefish23 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Indeed.
The weapon mounts of the Viper and Havoc are actually short wings which provide aerodynamic lift.
BF3 isnt real life, and if you haven't noticed yet there are zero physics involved in anything in this game. Just look at how crazy jets fly and how tanks drift like Japanese race cars. If you want to take it to real life then lets take it here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9ZUXNeB … 77A5C2D9B3
and here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb55EWUI … 77A5C2D9B3
I don't see any chopper in BF3 capable of doing half the maneuvers seen done by their real counterparts

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2012-05-14 17:39:32)

^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6769|Long Beach, CA
Well BF2 was closer to right than BF3.....the way jets fly really pisses me off.
Ptfo
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I enjoyed BF2's flight mechanics a lot more than BC2 or BF3. BF3 is definitely better than BC2 though.
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

i'd be inclined to disagree having put the time in with them, but im not about to argue.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard