Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
1927
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|5587|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Any hacks out on PS3 do you know?  Not that I would.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|5605|Devon, England
This is just going to cause even more "HACKER!!!" accusations.

1 in 60 seems so wrong, unless you only play Metro or "Instant vehicle" servers, as he mentioned.

But why would you play those servers anyway?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|4388|Ventura, California

Jenspm wrote:

I'd love it if this guy got banned for hacking.
That would be hilarious !!!!
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|5569

Keep in mind, this guy isn't saying 1 in 60 are aimbotting, he's saying 1 in 60 are using some form of a hack, whether it's to tell if someone is looking at you, a minimap with all the enemies on it, or seeing players behind walls. I could believe it.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|4819|CA

FFLink wrote:

This is just going to cause even more "HACKER!!!" accusations.

1 in 60 seems so wrong, unless you only play Metro or "Instant vehicle" servers, as he mentioned.

But why would you play those servers anyway?
Exactly. 64 player Metro 10000 Ticket servers are complete bullshit and reduce the game into just farming for points and unlocks, much like TDM servers, which is a game type that literally has no place in the franchise.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|5623|England. Stoke
TDM is the biggest point farming/stat padding debacle I have seen in any game.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|4388|Ventura, California
I play TDM for the intense action. On 360 it's only 12v12 on PC sized maps.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4500

heggs wrote:

-Start post-

When I’m legitimate (not hacking) I’m a ~400 SPM player, an active member of the reddit forums, and everything I’m about to write is absolutely true.

We’ve all met hackers in game. However, an IRL friend I know plays online games only to hack them. He introduced me to a relatively cheap, fairly well known and undetectable BF3 hack.

I noted it’s existence, but didn’t use it, or think much about it – until one day a few months ago.

I was on caspian, and a opposing sniper was clearly hacking. On a short ticket server he was 100-4 or so and was able to kill me across the map with impossible shots.

I was infuriated, and in a bad mood. I cracked. I went to the hack website my friend had shown me, bought the hack, and over the course of a few days learned to use it.

Here’s the information I think the community at large ought to know.

The hack works by injecting some code into the game as it launches. As such, no files on your computer are altered in any way. I don’t have a mass of technical knowledge, but I know this keeps PB and DICE/EA from being able to detect it. The executable for the hack doesn’t even exist on your computer: You use a java applet to log in, and it loads it directly into memory and you launch the game afterwards.

The hack’s capabilities are immense, and highly configurable. There are so many options. The most notable ones are:

    I can see the entire enemy team on the map, spotted, with ranges – all the time.
    I can see who is aiming at me at any time, and the QUALITY of that aiming. (Remember this, I’ll get to it’s importance later)
    I can set the hack to aim-bot on the push of a button, or all the time – or none. I can also set it to fire for me – but only when my crosshair is over a space that will result in a kill.
    I can set the hack key-binds, to toggle any option In the hack.
    I can choose head, body, foot, or variable shots, as well as no spread.
    I can set the hack so that ANY amount of damage kills a player (no matter where the bullet hits)
    I can set the hack to spot all members of the enemy team every so often, for the benefit of my entire team (spothacking).
    Finally, I can kill the entire other team with a touch of a button.

They update the hack constantly. It only takes hours between a patch and a new injectible updated version.

The aim-bot specifically is extremely customizable: It can be set to only force aim at slow or fast or any speed in between on button press: It can snap to the closest enemy, or the one I have closest to my crosshair.

There are many more options, including being able to FULLY customize the weapons (including vehicles) and others. Also – you can customize it so that all this information is invisible. None of this shows up on the PB screenshots.

So after I got my hack all set up, I found the hacker, and went into his server, and began killing the shit out of him.

At first, I just murdered everyone on my way to him, but once I became more skilled with the hack, I just used the 3-d and 2-d radars, along with the feature that showed me who was looking in my direction, to avoid the enemy team, and just kill the hacker.

He rage-quit pretty quick. This lead to my next finding, as I turned on the hack when I suspected someone of hacking.

There are many, many more people using some feature or form of this hack(or a similar one) on almost every server than I thought possible.

What I mean by that Is I found that on nearly every 64 man server, during the course of a two round span, it’s almost a certainty that someone is hacking – and most times more.

Here’s how I was able to know (not surmise) that people were hacking.

The hack can be set so that when you aim near someone (whether you have line of sight or not), it will show you how close they are aiming to you – in a percentage.

100% means that they are aiming at you, perfectly. Running around, watching people, I could instantly see some issues.

As you would imagine, holding a 100% aim on a moving target is nearly impossible. But I found people, time and again, who, once they ‘took notice’ of me – Could hold that 100% as long as they wanted.

In other words, they were seeing me (in many cases across the map from spawn, through buildings and the like) as soon as I spawned – and they had me dialed in, even as I ran, and changed directions.

They were using their own hack to hold an aim on my head, as they got into range/line of sight.

But furthermore, I started to notice something with lots of the vehicles and aircraft: plenty of those would be flying around, but as soon as they got anywhere near me, the aim percentage would go from 0% straight to 100% – and not release until they had fired all their rockets/guns/etc.

This also revealed very excellent players in some cases being accused of hacking, weren’t hacking. You could detect in the aim if it was ‘human’ or not. These cases, while fairly rare, did exist.

Another clear way to tell is if someone was using the hack, is if I could sneak up on someone. Amazing players can be surprised, if you have the advantage of knowing where their entire team is, and what direction they are running and looking, at least some of the time. Hackers using the radar functions cannot be surprised. It was a dead giveaway

I did this for a month, before I removed my subscription to the hack, worrying that I would be stat-wiped, or banned.

But during the month, I did a lot of looking into the profiles and statistics of the people I found to be hacking beyond a shadow of a doubt, and I reported a boatload of profiles (to nearly no avail) .

Here’s what I’ve found- (and mind you , this is a month of playing, I found maybe 100 people that were clearly and undeniably hacking for the above stated reasons). Take this with a grain of salt, sample sizes and unscientific record keeping means these numbers could be 10-20% (maybe even more?) off.

My anecdotal evidence is that between 1 in 30 to 1 in 60 players on big ticket servers are hacking. Also, many high SPM players (over 700-900) with low time on bases etc. are often hacking imo.

    The vast majority of hackers aren’t using most features of their respective hacks, the most popular hack I saw was the ‘radar’ or spothack. Aimbots are the second most popular – especially among snipers and engineers.
    Moreover, almost all hackers are ‘closet’ hackers. They aren’t obvious. Also, I would call these people out, and almost universally they would turn it off instantly. (example, I find a hacker, call him one over chat, and he would call me a noob, or insult me. But after that, the hack in most cases would be disengaged – and often the person would leave the next round.)
    Most people using hacks, once they turn them off, are no good. In fact, a reasonably good person (250~ spm or above) , given this hack, is absolutely unstoppable. I could easily go into a 64 man server, and have a KDR of 20-1 or more in that round, against even insanely good players.
    Metro is a massive hotbed for hackers, as well as 64 man instant vehicle servers.

I’m doing this because I want to convey to all of you the scope of the issue we face.

-End Post-
/shit we have known since 2005
jord
Member
+2,382|5592|The North, beyond the wall.

Macbeth wrote:

heggs wrote:

-Start post-

When I’m legitimate (not hacking) I’m a ~400 SPM player, an active member of the reddit forums, and everything I’m about to write is absolutely true.

We’ve all met hackers in game. However, an IRL friend I know plays online games only to hack them. He introduced me to a relatively cheap, fairly well known and undetectable BF3 hack.

I noted it’s existence, but didn’t use it, or think much about it – until one day a few months ago.

I was on caspian, and a opposing sniper was clearly hacking. On a short ticket server he was 100-4 or so and was able to kill me across the map with impossible shots.

I was infuriated, and in a bad mood. I cracked. I went to the hack website my friend had shown me, bought the hack, and over the course of a few days learned to use it.

Here’s the information I think the community at large ought to know.

The hack works by injecting some code into the game as it launches. As such, no files on your computer are altered in any way. I don’t have a mass of technical knowledge, but I know this keeps PB and DICE/EA from being able to detect it. The executable for the hack doesn’t even exist on your computer: You use a java applet to log in, and it loads it directly into memory and you launch the game afterwards.

The hack’s capabilities are immense, and highly configurable. There are so many options. The most notable ones are:

    I can see the entire enemy team on the map, spotted, with ranges – all the time.
    I can see who is aiming at me at any time, and the QUALITY of that aiming. (Remember this, I’ll get to it’s importance later)
    I can set the hack to aim-bot on the push of a button, or all the time – or none. I can also set it to fire for me – but only when my crosshair is over a space that will result in a kill.
    I can set the hack key-binds, to toggle any option In the hack.
    I can choose head, body, foot, or variable shots, as well as no spread.
    I can set the hack so that ANY amount of damage kills a player (no matter where the bullet hits)
    I can set the hack to spot all members of the enemy team every so often, for the benefit of my entire team (spothacking).
    Finally, I can kill the entire other team with a touch of a button.

They update the hack constantly. It only takes hours between a patch and a new injectible updated version.

The aim-bot specifically is extremely customizable: It can be set to only force aim at slow or fast or any speed in between on button press: It can snap to the closest enemy, or the one I have closest to my crosshair.

There are many more options, including being able to FULLY customize the weapons (including vehicles) and others. Also – you can customize it so that all this information is invisible. None of this shows up on the PB screenshots.

So after I got my hack all set up, I found the hacker, and went into his server, and began killing the shit out of him.

At first, I just murdered everyone on my way to him, but once I became more skilled with the hack, I just used the 3-d and 2-d radars, along with the feature that showed me who was looking in my direction, to avoid the enemy team, and just kill the hacker.

He rage-quit pretty quick. This lead to my next finding, as I turned on the hack when I suspected someone of hacking.

There are many, many more people using some feature or form of this hack(or a similar one) on almost every server than I thought possible.

What I mean by that Is I found that on nearly every 64 man server, during the course of a two round span, it’s almost a certainty that someone is hacking – and most times more.

Here’s how I was able to know (not surmise) that people were hacking.

The hack can be set so that when you aim near someone (whether you have line of sight or not), it will show you how close they are aiming to you – in a percentage.

100% means that they are aiming at you, perfectly. Running around, watching people, I could instantly see some issues.

As you would imagine, holding a 100% aim on a moving target is nearly impossible. But I found people, time and again, who, once they ‘took notice’ of me – Could hold that 100% as long as they wanted.

In other words, they were seeing me (in many cases across the map from spawn, through buildings and the like) as soon as I spawned – and they had me dialed in, even as I ran, and changed directions.

They were using their own hack to hold an aim on my head, as they got into range/line of sight.

But furthermore, I started to notice something with lots of the vehicles and aircraft: plenty of those would be flying around, but as soon as they got anywhere near me, the aim percentage would go from 0% straight to 100% – and not release until they had fired all their rockets/guns/etc.

This also revealed very excellent players in some cases being accused of hacking, weren’t hacking. You could detect in the aim if it was ‘human’ or not. These cases, while fairly rare, did exist.

Another clear way to tell is if someone was using the hack, is if I could sneak up on someone. Amazing players can be surprised, if you have the advantage of knowing where their entire team is, and what direction they are running and looking, at least some of the time. Hackers using the radar functions cannot be surprised. It was a dead giveaway

I did this for a month, before I removed my subscription to the hack, worrying that I would be stat-wiped, or banned.

But during the month, I did a lot of looking into the profiles and statistics of the people I found to be hacking beyond a shadow of a doubt, and I reported a boatload of profiles (to nearly no avail) .

Here’s what I’ve found- (and mind you , this is a month of playing, I found maybe 100 people that were clearly and undeniably hacking for the above stated reasons). Take this with a grain of salt, sample sizes and unscientific record keeping means these numbers could be 10-20% (maybe even more?) off.

My anecdotal evidence is that between 1 in 30 to 1 in 60 players on big ticket servers are hacking. Also, many high SPM players (over 700-900) with low time on bases etc. are often hacking imo.

    The vast majority of hackers aren’t using most features of their respective hacks, the most popular hack I saw was the ‘radar’ or spothack. Aimbots are the second most popular – especially among snipers and engineers.
    Moreover, almost all hackers are ‘closet’ hackers. They aren’t obvious. Also, I would call these people out, and almost universally they would turn it off instantly. (example, I find a hacker, call him one over chat, and he would call me a noob, or insult me. But after that, the hack in most cases would be disengaged – and often the person would leave the next round.)
    Most people using hacks, once they turn them off, are no good. In fact, a reasonably good person (250~ spm or above) , given this hack, is absolutely unstoppable. I could easily go into a 64 man server, and have a KDR of 20-1 or more in that round, against even insanely good players.
    Metro is a massive hotbed for hackers, as well as 64 man instant vehicle servers.

I’m doing this because I want to convey to all of you the scope of the issue we face.

-End Post-
/shit we have known since 2005
i didn't know hacks could circumvent pb by being a non downloadable java app


but really it doesnt affect me because im in a vehicle most of the time and can usually get a few kills on obvious hackers that way.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|5505|Reisterstown, MD

I find that very interesting and disturbing at the same time.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4500

My 2¢ FWIW
I did a one month subscription from a hack site after I dumped 600 hours legit into BF2 and got bored. It cost only $20 so meh.

It doesn't circumvent PB. You will still get a PB ban once they do an update which happens every two weeks or so.

They use the injection method because hack sites are on a subscription model. They can't control who has the hack if it modifies your files once. Basically you download and install a program from the hack site. You log into the program using the account you registered for the hack site with. After you log in it shows you what hacks you have registered to your account. You start the game and inject the hacks through the program. PB will still pick up the modified game once it is running.

PB isn't as suck as a lot of people think. They do mass bannings once they figure out everything and wait until a good amount of people with hacks have played the game. You have to be a dummy to think PB doesn't have subscriptions to all the big hack sites and reverse engineer all the hacks people buy.

Anyway, the guy is over exaggerating the amount of hackers in the game. People used to accuse everyone and their mothers of hacking in BF2. In the one month I used it I only came across one other person using one. Hack sites also have very small memberships compared to the millions of players who play any given game.

tl;dr Hacking isn't as widespread as this guy says it is
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4500

killer21 wrote:

I find that very interesting and disturbing at the same time.
Yes, it is very interesting.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|5382
I think that accusations of hacking is more damaging to BF3 than the hacking itself.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|5623|England. Stoke
I know at least 3 or 4 people who have hacked since a few months after the release of BF2, basically thier subscription gave them hacks for every popular game up to and including BF3. And as a far as I know only 2 of them have ever been banned and both were on BF2. But their subscription also included unlimited free CD keys in case of bans.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|4819|CA

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I play TDM for the intense action. On 360 it's only 12v12 on PC sized maps.
This makes sense and is much more proportionate to the map sizes - I wish DICE would limit TDM on all platforms to 12v12 matches. Maybe some better CQ/Rush servers would start popping up instead of the bullshit "24/7 CANALS TDM 64P 9001 TIX HIGH POINTS" clusterfucks that always seems to pop up when I refresh the server list.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|5537|EU

I hoped I would find an answer, why do people hack... I use trainers time to time in a SP to feel like unstoppable or to speed things up, am I potential hacker?
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|5605|Devon, England
Some people just suck.

That's it.
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|5284|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

FFLink wrote:

Some people just suck.

That's it.
Here is one of those people: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/us … sonist666/

Standard hacking practice, sat in a high building on Tehran Highway with an L96 on 57-3... Sat spectating him (as I was in his squad when I joined) and just watched him flicking between players and clearing watching people through buildings waiting for the shot. Best part was he was claiming he was 'just better than everyone else' and they were 'noobs'. I wonder, does a hacker ever think: "Hey hang on a sec, not only did I pay for this game but I had to pay for hacks too just to get a decent score... God. Am I retarded or something. Better nuke myself."

I have always despised hackers. Not only was I reset in BF2 thanks to some namehacking prick but I also have seen them ruin clans reputations. Fags. The lot of them.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|4388|Ventura, California

Collateralis wrote:

FFLink wrote:

Some people just suck.

That's it.
Here is one of those people: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/us … sonist666/

Standard hacking practice, sat in a high building on Tehran Highway with an L96 on 57-3... Sat spectating him (as I was in his squad when I joined) and just watched him flicking between players and clearing watching people through buildings waiting for the shot. Best part was he was claiming he was 'just better than everyone else' and they were 'noobs'. I wonder, does a hacker ever think: "Hey hang on a sec, not only did I pay for this game but I had to pay for hacks too just to get a decent score... God. Am I retarded or something. Better nuke myself."

I have always despised hackers. Not only was I reset in BF2 thanks to some namehacking prick but I also have seen them ruin clans reputations. Fags. The lot of them.
wow his KD is crap for somebody who hacks. If I could see everybody through walls I would win most every engagement. Getting caught by surprise is what kills me, as opposed to being out-shot skill-wise.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|5573|BC, Canada
doesn't mean he didn't recently start with it shifty. Look at his kpm and accuracy with individual weapons. Specifically the snipers and lmgs.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|5605|Devon, England

Collateralis wrote:

FFLink wrote:

Some people just suck.

That's it.
Here is one of those people: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/us … sonist666/

Standard hacking practice, sat in a high building on Tehran Highway with an L96 on 57-3... Sat spectating him (as I was in his squad when I joined) and just watched him flicking between players and clearing watching people through buildings waiting for the shot. Best part was he was claiming he was 'just better than everyone else' and they were 'noobs'. I wonder, does a hacker ever think: "Hey hang on a sec, not only did I pay for this game but I had to pay for hacks too just to get a decent score... God. Am I retarded or something. Better nuke myself."

I have always despised hackers. Not only was I reset in BF2 thanks to some namehacking prick but I also have seen them ruin clans reputations. Fags. The lot of them.
He's saying how it's skill, with just a single tear of truth sliding down his cheek.
cdailey2142
Flesh Peddler
+14|3977

-Whiteroom- wrote:

doesn't mean he didn't recently start with it shifty. Look at his kpm and accuracy with individual weapons. Specifically the snipers and lmgs.
Isn't the point to be accurate with a sniper rifle? Hell I usually hit exactly what I'm aiming at with a sniper rifle. How does that prove anything? People need to quit worrying about other peoples stats and trying to figure out if they are legit or not and worry about their own stats. It's like a bunch of little kids comparing penis size. Get a life! Stats on a game might make your E-Penis feel bigger but other than that get you nothing in real life.
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|5284|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

cdailey2142 wrote:

It's like a bunch of little kids comparing penis size. Get a life! Stats on a game might make your E-Penis feel bigger but other than that get you nothing in real life.
What generally do you get from a game in real life? I play so I don't need to think about real life lol. You can see if people hack by a high acc on support weapons (20% ^) and high SPM per weapon. Most hackers are still so bad they get killed. And most hackers don't start out with a hack. They are shit for ages and then try a hack. Hence the poor KDR. Had a guy in our clan who bought a hack and lied about it. He still only got 3:1 KDR even when he had it running. Some people are just still die, even with an aimbot.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|5706|Jupiter
Seems legit to me

Last edited by eusgen (2012-05-16 16:39:38)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|5573|BC, Canada

cdailey2142 wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

doesn't mean he didn't recently start with it shifty. Look at his kpm and accuracy with individual weapons. Specifically the snipers and lmgs.
Isn't the point to be accurate with a sniper rifle? Hell I usually hit exactly what I'm aiming at with a sniper rifle. How does that prove anything? People need to quit worrying about other peoples stats and trying to figure out if they are legit or not and worry about their own stats. It's like a bunch of little kids comparing penis size. Get a life! Stats on a game might make your E-Penis feel bigger but other than that get you nothing in real life.
Whos worrying. A quick browse of a profile someone posted is not worrying at all... Who gives a fuck about e-peen. you some kinda dumb. and of course its the point to be accurate you dummy, being accurate and making that many kpm is the teller. Worrying about stats? wft. The stats simply tell you something weird is going on there, but maybe you aren't smrt enough to see that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard