Poll

do the changed award criterias make you happy?

Total: 0
eagleray69
gone, tired of kiddietrashtalk
+15|6677
just wanted to know your opinion on this subject.
when i joined a small wake server yesterday after patching, i was rewarded with marksman (+combat) infantry and expert knife ROFL, expert knife for me, maybe the only badge i never, ever deserve to receive, since i completely suck with the blade and the only reason for having >100 kills is because i tried so hard for the basic knife badge... but well. i´m sure some of you had the same experience.

to my surprise after some minutes in a jet i got the vet planewhore badge, after 60 hrs not 100, nice.

i think it´s not fair for the guys who really worked hard for let´s say the heli medal and have 20000 kills, which is really expert imho, and now everyone gets it for 25% of that. or another example: vet air defense with 10kills in a round, thats 2 full black hawks, and youre done. the badge has lost its worth. you can´t lower the price of everything after one year, if the price is low, also the worth is low (this is true not only for pixelated badges btw   )
it feels like you´re going for a perfect woman, write letters, buy flowers, make presents, invite her to famous restaurants, and you know, some day you will get her, in some weeks maybe, but it will be great then. isn´t that better than just calling her the first time, and she asks "in your place or in mine?". well maybe it depends on the girl, if she is just gorgeus, maybe...ok ... i suck with analogies, forget that.

in my opinion the only change that makes sense is the wcr, cause the win:loss ratio of 3:1 couldn´t be reached with normal play, but that´s been discussed many times before.

have fun

Last edited by eagleray69 (2006-05-24 07:15:15)

Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6874|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I want them to take global reqs off the awards, but keep all IAR. I worked my ass off getting expert knife/explosives/repair
masterHouse
Official Heckler & Koch ambassador
+8|6748|Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Is it true that there are no time requirements for the ground/airdefence badges?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6658|UK
Some of them are much more realistic but some are just too easy!

masterHouse wrote:

Is it true that there are no time requirements for the ground/airdefence badges?
yes

Last edited by liquidat0r (2006-05-24 07:29:12)

Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6728|Germany

liquidat0r wrote:

masterHouse wrote:

yes
Yes,and that's one of the retarded changes,you can pull this off on your first round ever.
20 kills for expert..and this still works with arty-kills while sitting in the thing.
So,how long does it take to get 20 arty-kills on Karkand while sitting in a TOW?

The other thing which is completely retarded is the knife badge,100 kills can be done in a few days by everyone,the only thing left with a bit of a challenge is the expert pistol,and that's not too difficult either,I got 14 kills on my first try.

On the other hand the WCR has changed from a "gotta win the round at all costs"-award for maniacs to a "addicted to commanding"-award,ehich is kinda good,now people actually will pay attention while commanding instead of just getting double points for doing nothing.
masterHouse
Official Heckler & Koch ambassador
+8|6748|Veenendaal, The Netherlands

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

masterHouse wrote:

yes
Yes,and that's one of the retarded changes,you can pull this off on your first round ever.
20 kills for expert..and this still works with arty-kills while sitting in the thing.
So,how long does it take to get 20 arty-kills on Karkand while sitting in a TOW?

The other thing which is completely retarded is the knife badge,100 kills can be done in a few days by everyone,the only thing left with a bit of a challenge is the expert pistol,and that's not too difficult either,I got 14 kills on my first try.

On the other hand the WCR has changed from a "gotta win the round at all costs"-award for maniacs to a "addicted to commanding"-award,ehich is kinda good,now people actually will pay attention while commanding instead of just getting double points for doing nothing.
Nice talk +1 for you
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6597|England

WCR i fully agree with tbh. I also agree with the toning down of hours for the vet/expert heli, aviator and transport badges (but why not armour???). Otherwise, you'd have to be playing over 1200 hours alone for the expert badges on those 3.
Air defence is going to be really easy to get....10 IAR for vet, if they'd have done this update in my first 2 weeks of having the game, Id have gotten basic, veteran, expert AND the air defense ribbon all in 1 round. That badge is real cheap now, and I was originally aiming for veteran as it was.
Ground defense, I thought posed a challenge for the expert...until I read above that you can do it with arty.

Overall, I can see why EA have done it - however, for those people who have spent 1000's hours getting those badges (and are ranked general for that) - its gota be frustrating. And understandably so. But at the end of the day, those people are the ones who've spent a hell of a long time in the game, and it doesnt necessarily make them "elite" and more "expert" over others - its just simply a case of spending more time in the game.
Milkballs
+16|6590|CT, US

Mr. Blindfisch wrote:

The beauty of the changes with the WCR is that now it's even harder to play as an "all around gamer" while expecting to get every badge or ribbon.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6725|Howell, Mi USA
yes but not all. The vehicle awards and other like that are a good call because i don't get that much playing time per day and i would like to earn some awards in my lifetime. The knife badge with no IAR reqs. is just pathetic IMO
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6721|The Netherlands
I like it, always found it pitty you needed like 200+ hours for a lousy medal, no offense but doesn't a medal stand for how good you are with it? Therefor just increase the IAR requirements, that way it is only achievable to people who are really good with it, and not just people who spent all their time of the day in a game...

EA should only have done it sooner and not only to let people start BF2142 while they know they really Finished BF2...

Last edited by =TH=[Eleanor]-NL- (2006-05-24 07:56:48)

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6725|Howell, Mi USA

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL- wrote:

I like it, always found it pitty you needed like 200+ hours for a lousy medal, no offense but doesn't a medal stand for how good you are with it? Therefor just increase the IAR requirements, that way it is only achievable to people who are really good with it, and not just people who spent all their time of the day in a game...

EA should only have done it sooner and not only to let people start BF2142 while they know they really Finished BF2...
Ur exactly right, medals shouldn't be earned by idling in vehicles   lol

Last edited by Cbass (2006-05-24 07:58:26)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6774
It kind of depends on the badge.  Global time requirements are pretty hit or miss.  Like it makes sense that you need 100 global hours in a medic kit before you can get the expert medic.  it does NOT make sense that you need 100 global hours in a stinger to get an expert air defense badge.  (Especially since it used to be for General ranks you need all expert badges, this added up to like 3000 hours of game time.  It was ridiculous)

IMO, the basic badges are pretty good right now (especially the new explosive badge).  Basic badges are something that any n00b should be able to get.  And when your first starting off, it's hard to get some (10 kills IAR as an engineer took me FOREVER).   The requirements for basic badges should be low, and likewise they should be nothing worth bragging about (you don't hear many people saying "i just got my basic transport badge!  i'm teh L33T h4x0r!")

Vet badges should take about as much skill as it takes to "graduate" from n00b to a well rounded player.  you shouldn't have to be Sierra Hotel (shit hot), but you should be able to get it with your n00b tactics either (in other words: you've learned how to shoot at people, avoid being shot, and act like you have half a brain).  Most of vet badges are at that point, especially kit badges.  20 kills in a round is quite a milestone, especially all as one kit.  (some vet badges aren't "up to snuff" if you ask me.  Look at the commander badges.  40 command points IAR is sensible for basic, but after that it's just time.  it takes no extra skill to get the vet or expert badges)

Expert badges should be just barely in reach.  It should take dedication and skill.  It doesn't need to have a something-hundred hour requirement on it, just as long as it demonstrates expert ability.  If you can manager to kill 100 people in a round with a tank (without spawn raping), you're an expert tanker in my book regardless of how much time you've logged.  Likewise, i don't care how long you've been flying jets and how many global kills you got, if you can manage 24 kills in a round with a freakin' jet, you ain't Sierra Hotel...

just my 2 cents

Last edited by ChiefCrash (2006-05-24 08:35:37)

^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6769|The Hague, Netherlands

"(Especially since for General ranks you need all expert badges, this adds up to like 3000 hours of game time.  It's ridiculous)"

you should know that they changed that
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
ChiefCrash
+4|6774

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

"(Especially since for General ranks you need all expert badges, this adds up to like 3000 hours of game time.  It's ridiculous)"

thanks, didn't catch that.  it's still a little too early in the morning for me, but hopefully the point i was making is still clear...
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6769|The Hague, Netherlands

ChiefCrash wrote:

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

thanks, didn't catch that.  it's still a little too early in the morning for me, but hopefully the point i was making is still clear...
Point is clear, just correcting you before the hyena's come
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
xaven
+25|6764|Berlin
buy the game, play a few hours, be promoted to **** general. where is the challenge?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6597|England

xaven wrote:

buy the game, play a few hours, be promoted to **** general. where is the challenge?
Thats a stupid statement, and something Id expect from someone who only complains about this patch.
Ive spent 160hours so far on this game, going by your statement alone, I should be a frigging president above all the generals. (who would actually be a lot higher since they have clocked over a 1000hours...but nevermind).

Next time, give something constructive and factual to a topic, not some half-hearted wail stating something which blatently isnt true.

Last edited by Snake (2006-05-24 08:37:42)

ChiefCrash
+4|6774

xaven wrote:

Yea, play a few hours.  Like a minimum of 1080 for a one star.....

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6715|West Yorkshire, U.K

xaven wrote:

!idiot!
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6710|Denver, CO
*off topic*

Re: ChiefCrash sig

Team is just meat that's been rearanged by my claymore
ChiefCrash
+4|6774

INCSOC wrote:

*off topic*

there is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "I" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team....
Sydney
2λчиэλ

xaven wrote:

A few hours? If you think 1000+ hours of a video game is just "a few hours", then you seriously need to go out more.
JG1567JG
+110|6619|United States of America
My last five awards have been for nothing. Navy Cross, Golden Scimitar, Combat Infantry, Marksman Infantry and Expert Knife.  I was getting Close to the first four and then they got nerfed and now I get the Exp knife and I suck with the knife.  Basic Knife was my last basic badge and now Expert Knife is my first Expert badge. I didn't even have to get a kill in a round for the Badges.  What happened to earning a few of these. I know I would have liked to. 

I AM DONE GOING FOR AWARDS SINCE THEY WILL COME WITH THE NEXT PATCH.
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6710|Denver, CO

ChiefCrash wrote:

INCSOC wrote:

*off topic*

there is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "I" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team....
"there is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "I" in meat pie." And meat pie is just another ape item.  So think twice before you join a meat pie team because there's nothing worse than watching an ape item mate.
Sydney
2λчиэλ

INCSOC wrote:

ChiefCrash wrote:

INCSOC wrote:

*off topic*

"there is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "I" in meat pie." And meat pie is just another ape item.  So think twice before you join a meat pie team because there's nothing worse than watching an ape item mate.
There might not be an "I" in team, but there certainly is a "M" and "E"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard