-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California

Roc18 wrote:

Fucking DART noobs, they're all over the place.
Yeah just a few days ago I noticed a huge increase in DART users. I used to be one of the only people on a server using it and now everybody is. I feel like a hipster. "I used DARTs before they were cool!" hurr durr
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

I quit using DART before it was cool. ...Until I get killed by someone else using it.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
Dart is OP now?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

When you combine it with a heavy barrel and underslung rail, yes.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
What changed, or did someone just discover that?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

Finray wrote:

What changed, or did someone just discover that?
It changed in the patch.
Now when it's on the underslung rail each dart (think there are 12 per shot) do the same damage as the rifle it's mounted on, so on like the G3 it has enough power to kill someone like 4 times over. It also gets the benefits of the heavy barrel.

Last edited by coke (2012-04-20 15:09:29)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

You can also use the buckshot, but the dart/flechette is better since it goes through enemies and has more range.

Apparently you can also equip a suppressor on the rifle and the mass will not make you show up on radar. But does it still have the extra damage without the heavy barrel? (i.e. is it the heavy barrel + underslung that causes the glitch? or just the underslung?)
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

mtb0minime wrote:

You can also use the buckshot, but the dart/flechette is better since it goes through enemies and has more range.

Apparently you can also equip a suppressor on the rifle and the mass will not make you show up on radar. But does it still have the extra damage without the heavy barrel? (i.e. is it the heavy barrel + underslung that causes the glitch? or just the underslung?)
It has to be underslung, and every time I've heard it mentioned they also mention the heavy barrel but I don't know for definite that it's needed.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
the heavy barrel just makes the accuracy insane.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
DICE should just stop trying... o wait.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

It's funny because there's an entry on the Battlefield Blog with an "inside look" from a QA guy.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I miss the way the DART used to be. I was the only one using it on servers and I'd get (this was before you could customize ticket count) 20 kills with it in a round where most people get like 15-30 kills. It was a great stand-alone weapon to balance out my long-range M16A4. I feel like such a hipster but I really did use to "before it was cool" and loved it. Pisses me off that everybody now uses this gun. It's gone from a weapon that took skill to use to a POS that everybody and his mother uses. It's the new USAS with frag rounds.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I miss the way the DART used to be. I was the only one using it on servers and I'd get (this was before you could customize ticket count) 20 kills with it in a round where most people get like 15-30 kills. It was a great stand-alone weapon to balance out my long-range M16A4. I feel like such a hipster but I really did use to "before it was cool" and loved it. Pisses me off that everybody now uses this gun. It's gone from a weapon that took skill to use to a POS that everybody and his mother uses. It's the new USAS with frag rounds.
Hahahaha it didn't take skill to use it before.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
The SKS is nice.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
It's a one hit kill and you had to land all or at least 3/4ths of the pellets to kill. If an enemy was coming at you, sometimes it's smarter to wait for them to get closer to fire to get that OHK instead of fire twice and get killed while chambering another shot. If you miss then generally you're fucked.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

It's a one hit kill and you had to land all or at least 3/4ths of the pellets to kill. If an enemy was coming at you, sometimes it's smarter to wait for them to get closer to fire to get that OHK instead of fire twice and get killed while chambering another shot. If you miss then generally you're fucked.
Ahahahahahaha. Camping in wait of an enemy is now skill.

Keep it up shifty.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
ITT one bf3 noob tries to assert his superiority over another bf3 noob in a thread dedicated to a fucking retarded noob game
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
thepilot91
+64|6206|Ă…land!

Uzique wrote:

ITT one bf3 noob tries to assert his superiority over another bf3 noob in a thread dedicated to a fucking retarded noob game
insert rage-meme here*
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Camm wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Ahahahahahaha. Camping in wait of an enemy is now skill.

Keep it up shifty.
When did I mention camping? I'm always running around capping flags.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA
You aren't efficient at it.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Anyone still playing?
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Roc18 wrote:

Anyone still playing?
Yup
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
I am. Starting play more rush recently. With small 4-8 man teams it's fun. Over that and it starts to turn into a shit fest.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6358|New York
Yeah, I'm still working to get my KDR over 1. Don't laugh, I know I suck.

So, the answer to your question is yes, I'm still playing.

Last edited by heggs (2012-05-08 13:36:17)

Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Christbane
+51|6204
mine is barely over 1.  but I still have have fun so whatever.   I have been playing with Matty and his friends lately and having a good time

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard