Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5502|America
Yeah, they slowed the cycle time of the torch. Just wanna turn a wrench. Doesn't need to run out of fuel sheesh.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6363|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
UPDATE for y'all: Tank armour getting a buff in the most recent patch notes. Plus TV missile will no longer be a 1 hit kill on non-reactive armour tanks. Good old yo-yo tactics! Following the whining few and then switch it back because more moan about the nerf.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461
I agree, broken things should stay broke for continuity's sake.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5466|Ventura, California
Can DICE make up their freaking minds? How dumb are these people?! How much more of this push-pull updates are we going to get?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum
it's not really a dice-specific approach to balance. plenty of devs over-do something, then tone it back
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Why even change it in the first place? Everything jet related was fine before the patch. MGs did plenty of damage to other jets, tanks were disabled in one rocket salvo and destroyed by an ensuing MG burst. AA missiles could be dodged by a skilled pilot, etc.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5677|SQUID
I think the Tunguska got nerfed way for infantry, may as well be firing flowers at them FFS.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

The A W S M F O X wrote:

I think the Tunguska got nerfed way for infantry, may as well be firing flowers at them FFS.
Yeah it is pretty hard to kill infantry now, but it was quite overpowered against them earlier. I understand in real life when you have 4 20mm cannons firing at you then you only really need one to kill you. Gameplay dictates that that shouldn't be allowed though, as far as balancing is concerned.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6684|Devon, England
AA users make me laugh so much.

As a jet pilot.

Last edited by FFLink (2012-04-20 00:52:30)

The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5677|SQUID
Only use it on Noshar really.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5474

AussieReaper wrote:

1 hit kill =/= 75%
Essentially if you are not an engineer, or are so close to danger that bailing to repair means you get killed and your tank is stolen by the enemy, it is dead.

My wish list for tanks:
-No vehicle disable for tanks unless done by an AT mine or TOW launcher to the tracks
-No health regeneration or bleed out over 10%
-No fuzzy camera when taking damage (this does nothing but impair a players ability to fight back)
-Bail moved to opposite side weapon is aiming so that players can finish the fight rather than get finished
-Remove 3D spot marker and 2D mini-map marker when smoke is popped (ECM does this for aircraft)
-Javelin to do 34% damage, 50% when combined with lase
-Increase vertical range of movement for main weapon. It does not aim high enough.
-Fix drifting problem when driving using boost
-Stabilize the driver weapon. Currently only the passenger weapon has any form of stability when moving across rough terrain.
-TV missile to do 97% damage on tanks without reactive armor, 67% on tanks with reactive armor
-In normal mode replace 3D spot marker in jet HUDs with heat signature box similar to when its being lased
-Increase range of proximity sensor by  65% of its current radius, Currently you cant detect a threat until its too late to do anything about it.
-Enemy equipment to be visible on mimimap when withing range of proximity sensor. Especially things like AT mines should be visible on it.
-Allow aircraft to dodge guided shells using ECM
-Guided shell to do 80% to transport chopper, 1 hit kill on all other aircraft
-Fix thermal or remove it. Currently its easier to see things at a further distance without it.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2012-05-13 21:30:37)

UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5029|Massachusetts, USA

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

1 hit kill =/= 75%
Essentially if you are not an engineer, or are so close to danger that bailing to repair means you get killed and your tank is stolen by the enemy, it is dead.

My wish list for tanks:
-No vehicle disable for tanks unless done by an AT mine or TOW launcher to the tracks
-No health regeneration or bleed out over 10%
-No fuzzy camera when taking damage (this does nothing but impair a players ability to fight back)
-Bail moved to opposite side weapon is aiming so that players can finish the fight rather than get finished
-Remove 3D spot marker and 2D mini-map marker when smoke is popped (ECM does this for aircraft)
-Javelin to do 34% damage, 50% when combined with lase
-Increase vertical range of movement for main weapon. It does not aim high enough.
-Fix drifting problem when driving using boost
-Stabilize the driver weapon. Currently only the passenger weapon has any form of stability when moving across rough terrain.
-TV missile to do 97% damage on tanks without reactive armor, 67% on tanks with reactive armor
-In normal mode replace 3D spot marker in jet HUDs with heat signature box similar to when its being lased
-Increase range of proximity sensor by  65% of its current radius, Currently you cant detect a threat until its too late to do anything about it.
-Enemy equipment to be visible on mimimap when withing range of proximity sensor. Especially things like AT mines should be visible on it.
-Allow aircraft to dodge guided shells using ECM
-Guided shell to do 80% to transport chopper, 1 hit kill on all other aircraft
-Fix thermal or remove it. Currently its easier to see things at a further distance without it.
-Agree'd
-If It ain't broke, don't fix it.
-So when you're in a tank, looking through a periscope. What should happen when you get hit with a shell?
-100% fucking agree
-That should be a given, although smoke is fucking annoying when using a je.
-If the armor is increased on all sides (except rear) Javs wont be as bad.
-M1A2 abrams has an elevation of 20 degrees on its cannon. The T-90 has less, only 14 degrees. IRL
-Drifting isn't an issue, it's so much fun. You just have to learn to control it.
-Again, thats an issue with you. Don't expect to get 100% hits with a gun when moving.
- Should be a 1HK without reactive. With reactive should bring it to 50%
-I don't play norm, no opinion.
- Prox is OP as it is. Especially when your gunner has it and you have reactive.
- Thats what thermals are for.
- Yes
- Yes
- Thermal is fine, it's not supposed to be a long range system. Do you not remember how bad the IRNV was?
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Roc18
`
+655|5783|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
I still rip in tanks.
FFLink
There is.
I stopped reading after Javelin's doing 34%.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6660

FFLink wrote:

Well, if he also said that tank rounds also only do 34% to infantry.

Yes, I'm a tanker.  But Javelins should be lethal.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461

FFLink wrote:

Consider yourself lucky, TV missiles doing 97%. Yeah, getting one hit killed in a fucking tank is sure fun.
FFLink
There is.
TV missiles should also do more or less damage depending on where it hits the tank, IMO.

I assume they don't, atm.
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6363|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
Post their server side patch I find the tank much more durable. Admittedly you do still get raped by air assets, but inf can't touch a good tanker. Frankly I think it's balanced well now. I've had some fantastic rounds on maps without air assets and as long as your air is better than their air... then you're sweet. But basically air maps = air domination = winning team.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5474

Ilocano wrote:

FFLink wrote:

Fire and forget weapons require near zero skill and should not be in any FPS. Really I dont think there should be a javelin in BF3. Save that trash for CoD computer controlled vehicles. People forget this game isnt real life and try so hard to make it so that they make it not fun. Fun is the number one reason people play games, but lately all Iv been getting is frustration playing this game. Really a faster SRAW or ERYX would have been good enough with a mode that allowed fire and forget on lased targets. But instead we got people hiding up in the mountains spamming javelins and stingers at everything crying like babys because they didn't get their free kill. Javelin should be lethal if tanks can detect the exact location a lock is coming from like real life. Yes the Abrams does have that. Lastly I dont know what dummy though that lasing should work as it does but its all wrong if you want it like real life. Lasing something requires that the beam coming from the center of the designator be exactly on the target, not in the general area. It should be near impossible to track an aircraft with anything other than radar and infrared. You know whats totally fake as well is locking an jet with a javelin. To go even further guided shells from tanks that chase aircraft... really? Who came up with this stuff? Why dont we have bullets that go around corners as well because thats pretty much what that is.

Fun>balance>realism

If I wanted realism I would go back to the Marines, not be playing video games.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2012-05-14 17:05:11)

JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6535|Sammamish, WA

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

FFLink wrote:

Fire and forget weapons require near zero skill and should not be in any FPS. Really I dont think there should be a javelin in BF3. Save that trash for CoD computer controlled vehicles. People forget this game isnt real life and try so hard to make it so that they make it not fun. Fun is the number one reason people play games, but lately all Iv been getting is frustration playing this game. Really a faster SRAW or ERYX would have been good enough with a mode that allowed fire and forget on lased targets. But instead we got people hiding up in the mountains spamming javelins and stingers at everything crying like babys because they didn't get their free kill. Javelin should be lethal if tanks can detect the exact location a lock is coming from like real life. Yes the Abrams does have that. Lastly I dont know what dummy though that lasing should work as it does but its all wrong if you want it like real life. Lasing something requires that the beam coming from the center of the designator be exactly on the target, not in the general area. It should be near impossible to track an aircraft with anything other than radar and infrared. You know whats totally fake as well is locking an jet with a javelin. To go even further guided shells from tanks that chase aircraft... really? Who came up with this stuff? Why dont we have bullets that go around corners as well because thats pretty much what that is.

Fun>balance>realism

So I have to disagree that fire-and-forget weapons are too powerful in BF3.

One thing I think Dice does do well in terms of game balance is that with the super-powerful game features they require teamwork to be effective. TV missiles require a vehicle pilot doing their job, for instance. Tanks, too, really do need a crew of two to effectively ward off infantry. As it is with fire-and-forget Javelins. It takes a person of an entirely separate class dropping SOFLAM (and actively using it for full effectiveness) to make Javelins really kick ass, and even then a smart tank pilot will pop smoke and render them ineffective if you launch with one. Don't forget that popping smoke to break a SOFLAM lock requires first that the SOFLAM re-acquire its target and then the Javelin user...a very long time! Furthermore if a javelin user goes it alone they need LoS and much closer proximity to get a lock and, at that point, the tank will have a much better chance to see them and kill them...plus the tank still gets its countermeasures. Finally don't forget that your infantry using Javelin and SOFLAM need protection from enemies while they're standing around looking through their aiming reticles. While they're taking aim they're otherwise vulnerable and useless.

I almost think that, to encourage teamwork, they should take a nod to realism and make it so that someone manually targeting with a SOFLAM will render smoke ineffective. If you're sitting there with your SOFLAM painting a target manually then smoke really shouldn't be effective, and you should be rewarded for requiring two people's full attention to make it useful (three, really, if you count the support person supplying ammo). Dice could balance this somewhat by only making it work against vehicles, even aircraft...if you're centering the target in your reticle and properly aiming the laser you should indeed hit your target. Think of the missile launcher from HL2, only one person operates the laser and the other the missile. If you want to balance it further give the SOFLAM system a "battery" that runs out after a certain amount of time and requires resupply.

Last edited by JdeFalconr (2012-08-06 22:06:39)

thepilot91
+64|6229|Ă…land!

JdeFalconr wrote:

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Fun>balance>realism

One thing I think Dice does do well in terms of game balance is that with the super-powerful game features they require teamwork to be effective. TV missiles require a vehicle pilot doing their job, for instance. Tanks, too, really do need a crew of two to effectively ward off infantry. As it is with fire-and-forget Javelins. It takes a person of an entirely separate class dropping SOFLAM (and actively using it for full effectiveness) to make Javelins really kick ass, and even then a smart tank pilot will pop smoke and render them ineffective if you launch with one. Don't forget that popping smoke to break a SOFLAM lock requires first that the SOFLAM re-acquire its target and then the Javelin user...a very long time! Furthermore if a javelin user goes it alone they need LoS and much closer proximity to get a lock and, at that point, the tank will have a much better chance to see them and kill them...plus the tank still gets its countermeasures. Finally don't forget that your infantry using Javelin and SOFLAM need protection from enemies while they're standing around looking through their aiming reticles. While they're taking aim they're otherwise vulnerable and useless.

I almost think that, to encourage teamwork, they should take a nod to realism and make it so that someone manually targeting with a SOFLAM will render smoke ineffective. If you're sitting there with your SOFLAM painting a target manually then smoke really shouldn't be effective, and you should be rewarded for requiring two people's full attention to make it useful (three, really, if you count the support person supplying ammo). Dice could balance this somewhat by only making it work against vehicles, even aircraft...if you're centering the target in your reticle and properly aiming the laser you should indeed hit your target. Think of the missile launcher from HL2, only one person operates the laser and the other the missile. If you want to balance it further give the SOFLAM system a "battery" that runs out after a certain amount of time and requires resupply.
you dont need a gunner to be effective with TV...I always go solo if I can when not playing with friends
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5474

thepilot91 wrote:

JdeFalconr wrote:

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Fun>balance>realism

you dont need a gunner to be effective with TV...I always go solo if I can when not playing with friends
Stopped playing BF3 a few months ago due to how annoying the game generally plays. I cant believe I enjoyed BF2 over 5 years but couldn't tolerate BF3 after just a few months. I do not plan on buying another BF in future after this massive disappointment.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock
BF3 is fun

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard