Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.

Finray wrote:

Ahahaha I remember those big boxes. I got JSF in one just like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8okTvrsxyQ

I was 5 years old. Hahahaha.
I remember that game. "Warning, pull up. Warning, pull up". hahaha
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

AussieReaper wrote:

Sonic the Hedgehog.

Seriously, fuck those 3d bullshit sequels.
Sonic Generations.

Uzique wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast/Academy
shit yeah, i played this loads on multiplayer. really good. lightsaber fights and thrown lightsabers and shit.
Probably the only fun I've really had with a lightsaber in any video game. The duel mode was a brilliant feature, but in all Jedi Knight games, CTF was the king. Force speed would make those even more faster-paced than tribes.

eleven bravo wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Those were my favorite Star Wars games. Multiplayer was a blast. There was no protection against cheating, so people would give themselves jetpacks n shit.
one of the first games i ever really got into on multiplayer was that dark forces game from the 90's
@eleven: The majority of cheating I saw was on Jedi Knight 1. All that game had for hack protection was a checksum, and people went to town with it. It was fun, as long as people on the server agreed to them. And if the guy didn't have god mode, there was a certain amount of satisfaction in killing a cheater.

etc.:
Dark Forces was good, but it became great during Jedi Knight. Series had a fucked up sequence of titles.

Dark Forces
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2
Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast: Dark Forces 3
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (Jedi Knight 3? Dark Forces 4? nah, because the main player isn't Katarn, even if he's in it)

I mean, wtf? What would they call the next one, assuming Lucasarts gets up off its ass and does it?

Yessss. Too bad they'll never do it. Next space thing we'll get out of them will probably be another shooter on rails.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
when was it ever called dark forces 3
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin
I think they'd keep it simple and just call it Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy 2.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
i dont see whats wrong with the titles
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

They dropped Dark Forces from the box title to make it less silly (they had to squeeze Star Wars in there too), but it's still the Dark Forces series. I just find it funny that Jedi Knight 2 is Dark Forces 3, which some of the community still referred to it as. Going off those, would the next one be Star Wars: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy 2: Dark Forces 4?

Anyway, I don't remember which JA ending is canon, but if the dark side won, Katarn would have a turned apprentice to hunt down. If not, I'm sure they'd come up with something. For now, fights between assault marines on Space Marine comes close to the lightsaber fun, even if you die more quickly.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California

Uzique wrote:

i'm quite a few years older than shifty and i remember getting the first JO game in one of the big cardboard boxes. i didn't have a powerful enough pc or a good enough internet connection to play online, though. i really have no idea how shifty is claiming to have 'been there'. maybe he was playing it at like age 8 on a top-end pc.
yeah I got the big box too   Came with a game manual and everything.

Anyways back in 2004 I was 11 and I did pretty good at the game. I have been playing FPS games since I was 6 so this was nothing new or particularly hard for me. I miss having 10 people in a black hawk, landing at an island objective and jumping to to rush the middle bunker. Flashbangs were so fun back in that game.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Flashbangs are the douchiest weapon across the entire universe of FPS's. Guy has a good PC and a big monitor? "I know," says the FPS developer, "let's put in a spammy weapon that will turn his screen blazing white for the next five seconds and blind him FOR REALS." There really should be a gamma mute option to tone down the eyestrain of being flashbanged in all FPS games, because it really turns me off.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

Dark Reign.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Flashbangs are the douchiest weapon across the entire universe of FPS's. Guy has a good PC and a big monitor? "I know," says the FPS developer, "let's put in a spammy weapon that will turn his screen blazing white for the next five seconds and blind him FOR REALS." There really should be a gamma mute option to tone down the eyestrain of being flashbanged in all FPS games, because it really turns me off.
A little bit of white light strains your eyes? WTF dude... You remind me of people who complain about getting motion sickness watching a movie with a shaky camera or something.

In JOTR the flashbangs made your screen go black not white. Another reason that game is amazing.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6678|England. Stoke

-Sh1fty- wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

A little bit of white light strains your eyes? WTF dude... You remind me of people who complain about getting motion sickness watching a movie with a shaky camera or something.
I'm pretty sure I've seen you make that exact same complaint.
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6221|England

FatherTed wrote:

a proper AOEII sequel
theme hospital
a proper RCT1/2 sequel
turismo PC release

go
Fuck you & fuck theme hospital.
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
@warman, about the servers

Oh, that's right. I didn't know shit about that kind of shit back then.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2012-04-19 14:10:10)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

coke wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The motion sickness? I might have said that the latest Medal of Honor gave me that. Was more of a headache from not knowing what was going on than legit "i want to puke" motion sickness.

Otherwise white lights don't bug me on screens.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

-Sh1fty- wrote:

coke wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

The motion sickness? I might have said that the latest Medal of Honor gave me that. Was more of a headache from not knowing what was going on than legit "i want to puke" motion sickness.

Good for you. I, on the other hand, get hit by white-light flashbangs on a fairly bright 25.5" monitor in a dark room at night, and the sudden shift in light level hurts my fucking eyes.

People who get motion sick from FPS's should probably stay away from them, because it's an effect of shifted perspective and FoV, among other things. Flashbangs, on the other hand, are an accessory to, not a foundation of, FPS gaming, and they can go fuck themselves shoving sudden super-bright screens lights down my through. If I close my eyes after one, I can see a big green/purple rectangle that will persist for a bit.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

coke wrote:

Good for you. I, on the other hand, get hit by white-light flashbangs on a fairly bright 25.5" monitor in a dark room at night, and the sudden shift in light level hurts my fucking eyes.

People who get motion sick from FPS's should probably stay away from them, because it's an effect of shifted perspective and FoV, among other things. Flashbangs, on the other hand, are an accessory to, not a foundation of, FPS gaming, and they can go fuck themselves shoving sudden super-bright screens lights down my through. If I close my eyes after one, I can see a big green/purple rectangle that will persist for a bit.
Dont play in the dark, its bad for your eyes anyways.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Pizza's bad for me but I eat it anyway. With pineapple. Anyway, I don't always game in the dark but when I do...
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock

Lucien wrote:

Homeworld, wipeout 3, vampire: the masquerade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOYY7w5VUN0

too bad they stopped making wipeout games since
I used to play the original wipeout demo non-stop on playstation. I would have been about 6-8.

Man I wish I hadda got that game!
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6678|England. Stoke

Adams_BJ wrote:

Lucien wrote:

Homeworld, wipeout 3, vampire: the masquerade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOYY7w5VUN0

I used to play the original wipeout demo non-stop on playstation. I would have been about 6-8.

Man I wish I hadda got that game!
I got a Playstation for Xmas when they first got released. Got Tekken and Wipeout with it, blew my mind lol.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5723|Roma
americas army
ghost recon
rainbow six raven shield
age of empires
empire earth
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Stunt Car Racing
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6660|Devon, England
Anyone remember Vigilante 8?

Holy shit:

A remake for the Xbox 360, titled Vigilante 8 Arcade, was created by Isopod Labs, an independent company formed by the founders of Luxoflux. The game features a high-definition rendition of the past games plus some added multiplayer levels complete with an online mode. It was released onto Xbox Live Arcade on November 5, 2008.[7]

D:

Last edited by FFLink (2012-04-19 17:30:40)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire

Lucien wrote:

what?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
ArmA II needs a remake on a much, much better engine. I still love ArmA II though and warfare mode with ArmA II is probably my all time favorite game to play. So much fun!
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
anytime i see a last post by shifty in a thread i automatically know not to read it
Tu Stultus Es

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard