Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
i'll keep it civil where respect demands it. when i am asked to rehash the same argument i have made 10 times already in a 20-page thread, my patience will wear thin. i will stand the line of the vocal minority and prevent debates from falling into the same uniform hegemony that you science-math-military types try to impose on it, but i can't guarantee i'll be polite and thank you for it.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Respect has nothing to do with it.  It takes a "better" man to keep it civil.

Simple solution.  Don't rehash.  Your argument has been said.  End of story.  Solution to your thinned patience.  Surely this place doesn't represent you or your home.  And so, does not need to be protected by you.  But if it is, urgh...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
don't rehash? okay then i'll just say my part and then let you americans hurr-durr for another 10 pages in blissful ignorance. yeah that's a great debate. then it'll naturally reach its conclusion and will be 'solved', right? as in, it will have eventually reached the entropic heat-death of macho-military-mathematical dumbassery. no, sorry, if someone doesn't read my initial (well-phrased and polite) argument, and then continues to argue in the dark completely wrongly, i shall return to correct them, and i shan't give them the privilege of polite address, either.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
yes great post, an exemplary example of respect and politeness in d&st from one of the representatives of our proud staff.

why don't you mention a bmw and a luxury condo as well and then it'll be an ilocano especiale
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
the fact is you guys were completely wrong on your understanding and interpretation of the uk law. you repeatedly restated your factually, categorically wrong statements. i ran out of patience in correcting you. i ran out of patience with being accused of "being condescending" simply because i have a respect and close-adherence to actual fact and knowledge. get over it, really.
specops10-4
+108|6743|In the hills
Your avatar suits you very well.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
your's does for you, too: blank
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Point is, it was indirect.

BTW, not really a fan of BMW's or condos.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England
I prefer Ford F350's and a thousand acre ranch.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
specops10-4
+108|6743|In the hills
Do you happen to be manic depressive?  Cause thats what your avatar makes me think of.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
yes an album cover taken from an artist known for clowning around and being facetious is an excellent indicator of manic depression.

also great job in calling me condescending and siding with the view that i am somehow 'impolite', and then accusing me of being mentally ill.

please stick around, you are clearly a highly intelligent person.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

That's the point.  You ran out of patience.  A proper debater never looses patience.  To do so admits defeat, even against trolling.  A proper debater lets his argument/opinion stand on it's own.  If the other is ignorant to that, or trolls, that is their loss.

Wait till you have kids.  You'll need an extreme amount of patience at that point.  However right you may think you are, they will not "get you" for quite awhile.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
am i really reading this? i'm being told off for being condescending and then two people accusing me of it have just been condescending in a row? delicious irony. what's for dessert?
specops10-4
+108|6743|In the hills

Uzique wrote:

yes an album cover taken from an artist known for clowning around and being facetious is an excellent indicator of manic depression.

also great job in calling me condescending and siding with the view that i am somehow 'impolite', and then accusing me of being mentally ill.

I have nothing against manic depressive people.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom

Ilocano wrote:

That's the point.  You ran out of patience.  A proper debater never looses patience.  To do so admits defeat, even against trolling.  A proper debater lets his argument/opinion stand on it's own.  If the other is ignorant to that, or trolls, that is their loss.

Wait till you have kids.  You'll need an extreme amount of patience at that point.  However right you may think you are, they will not "get you" for quite awhile.
the "Im a parent and youre not" argument isnt as interchangable you think it is.  you fall on that every time.
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England
Yo esse, whatchu doin holmes?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Nope, nothing to do with condescending.  All about keeping it civil.  That's it.  You can be as arrogant and aloof as you want.  Hell, I'm an arrogant SOB myself, but I keep it to myself.  I speak of only myself.  I don't put down others because of it.  Keep it civil.  That is all.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470

specops10-4 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

you're really diagnosing me as manic depressive because of an album cover? you do realise every single album cover done by the guy is one big fucking joke, right? basically a huge trollface. if you keep making dumb comments i'm going to keep on calling you a mong, really, it's as simple as that.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

eleven bravo wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

the "Im a parent and youre not" argument isnt as interchangable you think it is.  you fall on that every time.
Nothing to do with being a parent.  But being a parent just presents the situation more often.  Take on responsibility of a few toddlers and let's see how far you get them to your way if they've made up their mind on something.  Without resorting to screaming.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
lame dude, real lame.
Tu Stultus Es
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470

Ilocano wrote:

Nope, nothing to do with condescending.  All about keeping it civil.  That's it.  You can be as arrogant and aloof as you want.  Hell, I'm an arrogant SOB myself, but I keep it to myself.  I speak of only myself.  I don't put down others because of it.  Keep it civil.  That is all.
you speak of yourself a little too much. i don't give a fuck if you have spawn that you are raising. knocking up some girl isn't going to validate my opinions or make me a better debater. you have prize children, we get it. it has nothing to do with me being able to have a level-head or form a good opinion. nor with how i express myself.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

So, do you resort to name calling on face to face debates if you can't get the other side to concede to your side?
specops10-4
+108|6743|In the hills

Uzique wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

you're really diagnosing me as manic depressive because of an album cover? you do realise every single album cover done by the guy is one big fucking joke, right? basically a huge trollface. if you keep making dumb comments i'm going to keep on calling you a mong, really, it's as simple as that.
Doesn't really have much to do with the album cover, thats just an added bonus.

As long as you keep calling me a mong I'm gonna keep making stupid comments.  Got ya there biatch!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470

Ilocano wrote:

So, do you resort to name calling on face to face debates if you can't get the other side to concede to your side?
i dunno typically i don't encounter people so stupid and ignorant that i get angry IRL. most of my friends are intelligent people that would do their research before having a serious discussion. for sure none of them would argue with me for 3 hours about the UK law without even having read the 15 lines of statute in question. so i guess i'd never get to that point? honestly great fucking point, ilo.

maybe if i argued with people so persuasively and intellectually in IRL they'd just do what jay does, and resort to threatening to break my legs? lmao. such debating gods that frequent here.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard