Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
all the military requires of its entrants is a pair of hands and a pair of feet and to pass physical. why should i respect a monkey?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
specops10-4
+108|6742|In the hills
You're just a troll, I can't take you seriously.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
nope, i'm being deadly serious. my own cousin has just joined the royal marines, passing one of the most gruelling physical examinations of any military. do i respect him? i respect his physical prowess and his determination, yes. but do i respect him for his job? no. the guy flunked out through school and spent 3 years of his adolescence being a typical teen-tearaway, ignoring every bit of good advice that my well-intending family had for him. what did he have left when he came back to earth at age 20? no qualifications and no real options for a successful career path anywhere but in the military. i don't respect his job choice. i don't think "oh gee, you're going to the middle-east and you're going to have a really tough job, i really respect you". i think: you made some bad decisions and now you're determined to make the best of it you can. for that he has my respect and my familial love. but i don't elevate him to some pedestal because he's in the military. he made some bad decisions and fucked up, which means he won't now enjoy a white-collar life of privilege. his form of esteem and elitism now lies in joining the best the military has to offer, which just so happens to not care about his school performance.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6713|Purplicious Wisconsin
US military accepts people who passed high school, not flunked out of it.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
oh wow you passed high school have a star

the funny thing is that the us education system does actually celebrate and 'graduate' people that passed high-school.

well done, you passed the basic and required level of education for your country. want a MENSA application form?
specops10-4
+108|6742|In the hills
Say that to your cousin.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
i've made my opinion clear to my cousin, whenever he has asked for it. i'm not going to go and berate his life choice because it's not a polite thing to do to anyone, face-to-face. but when it has come up in conversation, we have both made it mutually clear to one another that if he applied himself better in school, he now wouldn't be looking at armed service. why do you think i should have some hushed reverence for military men? i literally have zero respect for military men. why do you have such great respect for them? sewer cleaners do a tough job too. do you salute them whenever they walk by?

Last edited by Uzique (2012-04-17 20:39:11)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5701|College Park, MD

War Man wrote:

you can join with a GED. back when the Army was hurting for recruits they even offered GED classes.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

War Man wrote:

Poor shifty
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

War Man wrote:

you can join with a GED. back when the Army was hurting for recruits they even offered GED classes.
Yes. Back when Iraq was raging a friend of mine went through that and got accepted even though he had a marijuana arrest on his record too. Literally anyone was good enough to go into that mess. There was actually a documentary that came out a little while ago that showed that the army was sending people over who should have never have been allowed to join.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
who automatically feel entitled to some sort of respect because they had a tough tour and experienced hell on earth.

sorry fella, no dice
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6713|Purplicious Wisconsin

Macbeth wrote:

War Man wrote:

Poor shifty
He could volunteer in the Army right now if he wanted too, home school diplomas count as high school diplomas in the Army but in the other branches they are GED's. But shifty wants to be in the marines even though army would be better.

Last edited by War Man (2012-04-17 20:46:48)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
specops10-4
+108|6742|In the hills

Uzique wrote:

i've made my opinion clear to my cousin, whenever he has asked for it. i'm not going to go and berate his life choice because it's not a polite thing to do to anyone, face-to-face. but when it has come up in conversation, we have both made it mutually clear to one another that if he applied himself better in school, he now wouldn't be looking at armed service. why do you think i should have some hushed reverence for military men? i literally have zero respect for military men. why do you have such great respect for them? sewer cleaners do a tough job too. do you salute them whenever they walk by?
Its not polite to do it face-face but eh whatever I'll just talk shit behind his back, way more respectful.

I have more respect for sewer cleaners than the kids who just squeeked by college and became accountants at some bland office in a cubicle.  But a sewer cleaner doesn't risk his life, he won't witness his friends die, or have to kill people just because he was ordered to.  A lot more goes into being a soldier than a sewer worker while both have a role in society.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

Uzique wrote:

who automatically feel entitled to some sort of respect because they had a tough tour and experienced hell on earth.

sorry fella, no dice
That's fine. For the rest of my life I'll know that I'm not a coward. You however... well you dress like a girl anyway so whatever.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Jay wrote:

Uzique wrote:

sorry fella, no dice
That's fine. For the rest of my life I'll know that I'm not a coward. You however... well you dress like a girl anyway so whatever.
I thought you were going to bed
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Jay wrote:

Uzique wrote:

sorry fella, no dice
I thought you were going to bed
I thought you were going to buy a gun and eat a bullet.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5701|College Park, MD

Macbeth wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

War Man wrote:

Yes. Back when Iraq was raging a friend of mine went through that and got accepted even though he had a marijuana arrest on his record too. Literally anyone was good enough to go into that mess. There was actually a documentary that came out a little while ago that showed that the army was sending people over who should have never have been allowed to join.
i believe they had felony waivers too
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

The state of NJ says my mental health record disqualifies me from legal gun ownership.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
That's too bad.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Jay wrote:

Enjoy patting each other on the back over TS for another hard fought forum victory.
That sounds exactly like the paranoid victim complex lowing had.

You are lowing.
specops10-4
+108|6742|In the hills
This forum has a mental disorder.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6736|Oxferd Ohire
minorities celebrate graduating like its the most amazing thing ever
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

specops10-4 wrote:

This forum has a mental disorder.
you've been here, 2 thousand 350 days. you've just noticed that.

i'd say that's par for the course . . .
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

lol, i just noticed Kmar's the OP of this thread . . .
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6736|Oxferd Ohire
or maybe its typical black woman crazy
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard