Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
Just got back from the gym. My legs are fried. Nearly passed out during one set. Still can't walk properly and my vision is slowly clearing up from being blurry. Most intense workout I've ever done by a long shot, and it only took three working sets of leg extensions, leg press and calf raises.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.
Anyone got a decent diet/excercise plan for losing weight?

I'm 6'0 and 15.5 stone (217 lbs) and I want to lose about 2 and a half stone. Not looking to get defined (yet), just wanna lose some weight.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
eat less. make your own food
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam

Camm wrote:

I'm 6'0 and 15.5 stone (217 lbs) and I want to lose about 2 and a half stone. Not looking to get defined (yet), just wanna lose some weight.
oh oh oh, let me help!
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

Camm wrote:

Eat less cals a day than your body burns. Do some weight lifting to maintain muscle whilst losing fat. You don't need to do heaps of cardio. Make sure you stick to it and if you have a day where you go off track just get yourself back on track the next day and keep at it.

Stop eating all manner of junk food and throw out any that you may have in your house. Prepare your own meals as often as possible and don't eat processed food. Cut out all refined sugar and cut back on alcohol (if you drink). Replace all soft drink and fruit juice with water.

It takes discipline of the mind but you can make some great food that is really healthy. Do some reading up about nutrition to learn about good and bad fats, the difference between simple and complex carbs and the importance of protein. After a while you won't want to eat crap because it makes you feel like crap.

Last edited by Jaekus (2012-04-16 13:53:52)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6293|New Haven, CT
Basically just eat chicken breasts and healthy salad (light dressing, no croutons) every meal with some fruit or cereal and drink milk or water for six days, raid McDonald's and the like on the seventh, then rinse and repeat.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
thanks chaps.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Don't drink milk for six days unless you want to put on weight. Limit yourself to one glass a day.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6293|New Haven, CT

Jaekus wrote:

Don't drink milk for six days unless you want to put on weight. Limit yourself to one glass a day.
I meant like one or two glasses. It's a nice source of essential minerals with protein.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
Fuck, it's depressing how quickly you can lose fitness, just did an insanity work out after almost 2 weeks of little to no exercise, had to take 2 extra breaks and right now my body is fried, but it feels good. I never want to take an exercise break again.
I know fucking karate
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand

Camm wrote:

What those guys said + lots of carrots, I found they really helped fighting the hunger off.
I know fucking karate
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

nukchebi0 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I meant like one or two glasses. It's a nice source of essential minerals with protein.
Oh for sure. I just had this image of Camm drinking 8 glasses of full cream milk a day and wondering why the weight isn't shifting
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX

Jaekus wrote:

Good article. I love reading stuff that breaks apart the common fitness trends.
So how do I avoid burning fat?
Winter is coming and I don't want to be cold.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Eat more than your body burns and don't move much.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Jaekus wrote:

Eat more than your body burns and don't move much.
And this, lads, is why I'm 40lbs heavier than I was last march. Hahaha.

Thanks for the carrots tip, carrots are cheap and delicious.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Vegetables like carrots have got hardly any calories but plenty of fibre and nutrients. They fill you up which is why they're great too, curbs your appetite.

Don't eat lots of fruit as fruit has fructose, a form of sugar. This is why you shouldn't drink a lot of fruit juice if you're trying to lose weight.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6293|New Haven, CT

Jaekus wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Oh for sure. I just had this image of Camm drinking 8 glasses of full cream milk a day and wondering why the weight isn't shifting
Haha, that is fair enough. Whole milk is so disgusting though; I can't really tolerate anything above 1%.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
Camm, cut out red meat, dairy, and sugar and you will see super fast results.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Jaekus wrote:

Don't eat lots of fruit as fruit has fructose, a form of sugar. This is why you shouldn't drink a lot of fruit juice if you're trying to lose weight.
yup. I know that one.

@sup, I'll bear that in mind. No sugar is going to be the main one. although, don't you get really tired when taking no sugar in? I've had a few nights at work where I've had a can of coke and a mars bar on my break, then 45 mins later I get really weak and wobbly, like I'm crashing.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6293|New Haven, CT
Suck it up and wean yourself off of soda with diet soda, until you can get to the point where you only consume it on your cheat day.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Almonds (as an alternative to crisps/chocolate bars). Take a small container with you to work and eat a handful when you start to feel hungry between major meals. Not exactly low in fat but they curb the appetite really well.

Bring a 32oz/1L water bottle to work with you as an alternative to coke.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

Camm wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

yup. I know that one.

@sup, I'll bear that in mind. No sugar is going to be the main one. although, don't you get really tired when taking no sugar in? I've had a few nights at work where I've had a can of coke and a mars bar on my break, then 45 mins later I get really weak and wobbly, like I'm crashing.
The sugar in those has a high GI, which means when you consume them you get a sugar hit and it spikes your insulin levels (high insulin spikes are also a time when your body tries to store fat). The crash you feel is your insulin level dropping. If you didn't consume anything sugary you would not experience the crash.

No refined sugar is a really good thing to achieve. Your main source of energy is from carbs, which sugar is. Complex carbs take longer to get into your bloodstream and hence supply a steadier energy level.

If you're serious about losing weight you need to stop eating all processed foods and start preparing everything yourself. You need to count calories and make sure you aren't going over. Get some cheap kitchen scales to help measure out portions if you feel the need but honestly if you're eating stuff like skinless chicken breasts, brown rice, rolled oats and plenty of vegetables/salads you can't go too wrong. There are easy ways to prepare really tasty meals from such foods.

Make sure you do allow yourself an indulgence once a week, and make it whatever you want and eat it without regret.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam

nukchebi0 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Haha, that is fair enough. Whole milk is so disgusting though; I can't really tolerate anything above 1%.
I only drink whole.
that's the one thing I'm not looking forward to when cutting, drinking skimmed milk. That shit tastes diluted, it's disguisting.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
I'm in the middle, I drink fat reduced milk.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5671|College Park, MD
i've been drinking skim milk since like 9th grade

hasn't helped
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard