Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|5650

whatever is necessary for the taste
mikkel
Member
+383|5679
There was a KFC around here that closed down last year, and somehow they were always out of chicken. They didn't get much business, but they were still always out of chicken. Do not comprehend.

Last edited by mikkel (2012-04-14 18:18:21)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|5549
wo wohnst du?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|5552|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Bought a game for $15 that hasn't been made yet

https://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8436/wasteland2.jpg
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|5769|Devon, England
That's an interesting site.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|5549
that feelgood-reddit-lets-raise-money-fuck-yeah model is worrying. most devs can't even make a good game when they have all the money up front. is this just gonna create another series of duke nukem forevers? what real obligation do they have to deliver to a crowdsourced investment? what legal protection is there if they don't? seems kinda dumb.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|5616|Long Island, New York

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Bought a game for $15 that hasn't been made yet

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8436/wasteland2.jpg
My cousin tried using it to get a book he wrote published... never got the amount he needed, but I like the concept.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|5771
Delicious coconut milk.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5043|London, England

Uzique wrote:

that feelgood-reddit-lets-raise-money-fuck-yeah model is worrying. most devs can't even make a good game when they have all the money up front. is this just gonna create another series of duke nukem forevers? what real obligation do they have to deliver to a crowdsourced investment? what legal protection is there if they don't? seems kinda dumb.
I think the concept will die out, Tim Schafer got over 1,000,000 dollars to make a game from redditors on kickstarter and im convinced that the game will bomb hard or be released in 10 years+. that should turn them off of the whole idea
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|5817|Toronto | Canada

i think its a cool idea for physical products when they have a prototype and stuff like that.  digital ideas and games im not totally sold on though.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|5552|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Uzique wrote:

that feelgood-reddit-lets-raise-money-fuck-yeah model is worrying. most devs can't even make a good game when they have all the money up front. is this just gonna create another series of duke nukem forevers? what real obligation do they have to deliver to a crowdsourced investment? what legal protection is there if they don't? seems kinda dumb.
We'll just have to wait and see... I'm counting on that this guy actually can deliver what he's promising, given his CV. If he doesn't, then me and a few odd ten thousand donators will look pretty dumb, but hey, it's not like I haven't spent $15 on stupid shit before

Poseidon wrote:

My cousin tried using it to get a book he wrote published... never got the amount he needed, but I like the concept.
What happened to the money he got? He got to keep it all or is there some taxes to pay etc?
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5043|London, England

he didnt get the money because he didnt reach his goal
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|5552|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Oh, so the money won't be billed from the donator after the deadline if the complete amount requested isn't reached?
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5043|London, England

the details are in the image you posted

https://i.imgur.com/bNSjr.png

Last edited by Mutantbear (2012-04-15 11:54:52)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|5552|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Mutantbear wrote:

the details are in the image you posted

So that's what it meant. Wasn't sure.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4664

This removes a lot of the incentive to create a good game. I don't see it being good for anything other than small independent games sold on Steam for $5.
mikkel
Member
+383|5679

Macbeth wrote:

This removes a lot of the incentive to create a good game. I don't see it being good for anything other than small independent games sold on Steam for $5.
How does it remove any incentive to create good games? You present your game to your investors, be they established publishers or random people who fund your kickstarter project. If they like what they see, you get the money, and if they don't, then you're out of luck. If you build a successful game, you'll be able to make another one. If you build a terrible game, people won't want to fund you again.

Last edited by mikkel (2012-04-15 12:03:45)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|5616|Long Island, New York

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Oh, so the money won't be billed from the donator after the deadline if the complete amount requested isn't reached?
Yup. Your card isn't officially charged until your goal is met. His was $7500.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|5769|Devon, England
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/355 … al-shooter

Interesting video... Lame, but explains it well. I like the concept. Will be adding my contributions when I'm paid.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|5402|Graz, Austria

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Juice press. Thing. Machine. And now when I searched for the picture, I found out that the same store has an electric version for 10€ less...

Manual is more classy.
And it is much less likely to break and fail.
Plus, I bet you can apply much greater forces with that lever and your body weight.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|5552|6 6 4 oh, I forget

globefish23 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Juice press. Thing. Machine. And now when I searched for the picture, I found out that the same store has an electric version for 10€ less...

Manual is more classy.
And it is much less likely to break and fail.
Plus, I bet you can apply much greater forces with that lever and your body weight.
It's some crummy stainless steel thing. Using force makes the damn pole bend instead of pressing juice out of the oranges

Got the points ready so I redeemed this from the Laphroaig site

https://www.laphroaig.com/uploads/shop/shopitem/detail/Wooden_Coaster.jpg
eusgen
Nugget
+402|5871|Jupiter
A coaster?
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|5552|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Si. A wooden coaster.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5043|London, England

so exciting
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|5402|Graz, Austria

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Si. A wooden coaster.
One, single coaster?
For drinking hard liquor, alone at home?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard