-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California
Well, I mean honestly, am I really that bad? I just like it when things are done properly, I guess I'm a bit of a perfectionist, it's not just with military things.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA
Don't worry shifty, I still think you're an idiot.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California
Aw, well I'm glad to hear that. It means a lot coming from you. Thanks bro
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Just got off the phone with my uncle. His pick is a little-known film called "The Odd Angry Shot." Said that it portrays life there to a T. Gave him chills. He also said that We Were Soldiers was also very accurate regarding aviation, and that he works with a guy who was actually a door gunner (later became a pilot) at that battle--and he said it was pretty much exactly as depicted. My uncle's take on Platoon was that its depiction of drug use was fairly accurate--he saw quite a bit among ground crew, never any among air crew.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

Jay wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

84C MoPic is about the best Vietnam movie I've seen.
Just saw that for the first time, my uncle was a motion picture photographer during the Vietnam era (stationed in Germany).  He's a film buff, naturally, and he went out of his way to get it for me.  Great film, proves that you dont have to have money or Hollywood stars to tell a compelling and realistic story. 

I'll repeat it because I know no ones ever heard of it:  84 Charlie Mopic.  Good shit.
Is that the one where the camerman dies at the end and the camera falls to the ground?
yeah
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
someone was reading this thread
Tu Stultus Es
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
I must have ignored this thread, that is why I can't recall this.

Last edited by War Man (2012-04-12 02:30:23)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard