Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
Support is completely fucked now. trollololol can't hit a fucking barnside with an LMG.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
yup, support is pretty shit now. Was my favorite kit before. Now assault for rush, AT for conquest, with a little sniper thrown in.

also, battlelog update in progress.

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2012-03-31 00:25:30)

aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5723|Roma

Cybargs wrote:

Support is completely fucked now. trollololol can't hit a fucking barnside with an LMG.
They are the same imo.
They are still really accurate if you tap fire.

Last edited by aerodynamic (2012-03-31 00:39:23)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

aerodynamic wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

They are the same imo.
M27 rides up like a fuck.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

aerodynamic wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

this
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

aerodynamic wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

They are the same imo.
Any gun is accurate if you tap. Shit you get a better suppressive fire if you're using assault than support. Support is completely fucked now. If you don't use a bipod they're extremely ineffective.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
Jet cannon nerf makes me sad. New sounds are weird, not necessarily bad, I just don't see why they needed to be changed. Also having a lot of rubberbanding/lag issues that I haven't seen since the first week or so of release, but I'm not sure if that's widespread.

New minimap/coms etc is better though. Havoc is also less shit.

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2012-03-31 01:39:29)

Amdi Peter
peut-être
+111|5518|paris

mtb0minime wrote:

What happened to the lovely FAMAS. Yes, it was a little overpowered, but they took it to the extreme and it's utterly worthless now unless you're super close quarters. It's an assault rifle, not a PDW. Fucking DICE. Fucking. DICE.
it's a french weapon, what did you expect?
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5723|Roma

Cybargs wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

They are the same imo.
Any gun is accurate if you tap. Shit you get a better suppressive fire if you're using assault than support. Support is completely fucked now. If you don't use a bipod they're extremely ineffective.
i don't know, i'm doing fine with the lmgs.
And i'm using all of them to get the master dog tags.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

aerodynamic wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

They are the same imo.
i don't know, i'm doing fine with the lmgs.
And i'm using all of them to get the master dog tags.
i just found that the M240 is the new PKP.

heavy barrel is the best thing ever in this game now.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada
I'm a complete chopper whore in this game. This patch made the helis even more deadly I believe. The unguided rockets are extremely accurate now. I can now sit back and unload and disable or destroy tanks and APCs from ranges that was only practical before with guided rockets. The damage to troops has also been increased which makes it alot easier to take down targets. I like the fact that the AA range has been reduced. Its no fun flying across half the map just to get away from a troop with an IGLA if you don't know where its coming from. And while the damage has been increased on the IGLA I think its a far trade off. I always pilot, so I'm loving the fact that the drivers get more points from kills. I had one gunner get literally 100 kills in one round of wake island pre-patch in the Huey, he got first and I was near the bottom of the scoreboard at the end of the round which was totally unjustifiable. The Havoc no longer flies like a boat either which is nice.

The only complaint I have with this patch is how hard it is now  to take down a jet with the Helicopter. With the changes they've made to the Flare reload time, and how effective they are now has made it actually harder for me to take out jets. Which is the opposite of what they stated it should be in the patch notes. Before you could lock on to a jet, fire your AA missiles, he'd flare. If you kept tracking him and locked on again you could get another 2 missiles off that would hit him before he had time to reflare. Now he has time to use his flares again before you can get your second set of missiles off. Before you could also kill a jet that was coming right at you if he was close enough to you even if he flared.

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong here or haven't adapted my style of play to this new patch yet but I was getting really frustrated trying to take down some jets in the heli this evening. Surely someone  feels my pain.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
But on the other hand they reduced the damage the Jet cannon does so it is harder to take out helis. I would say that's a reasonable trade off, as the helis should not be anti-jet rape machines anyway. Now the reduced damage actually gives heli pilots time to react and try to maneuver away from jets. Pre-patch, one decent burst from a jet cannon and any heli would die.

Haven't played enough since the patch to really tell though.

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2012-04-01 01:19:17)

Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6364|Belgium

Well they are much easier to shoot down now with a stinger. that quick lock is great.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
but on the other hand the chopper AA-missiles DO NOT AFFECT PLANES ARMOR
Benzin
+576|5968
Here's a tip on firing heat seeking missiles that worked well pre-patch and is even better post-patch: Lock on, fire one missile and let the enemy pop his flares. Once the flares are clear, fire the second missile. This also decreases the reloading time between missile launches. While you can't fire two at the same time, you can maintain an overall higher rate of fire.

Now that the lock doesn't go away after firing flares, all you have to do is keep the enemy in your sights and just force them to pop their flares. I've used this in helo vs helo combat and always come out on top provided that I could always maintain altitude. Combine this with a gunner and you will be unstoppable.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

CapnNismo wrote:

Here's a tip on firing heat seeking missiles that worked well pre-patch and is even better post-patch: Lock on, fire one missile and let the enemy pop his flares. Once the flares are clear, fire the second missile. This also decreases the reloading time between missile launches. While you can't fire two at the same time, you can maintain an overall higher rate of fire.

Now that the lock doesn't go away after firing flares, all you have to do is keep the enemy in your sights and just force them to pop their flares. I've used this in helo vs helo combat and always come out on top provided that I could always maintain altitude. Combine this with a gunner and you will be unstoppable.
choppers get's TVd , and the aa-missiles wont hit jets ... jets are the problem not AA-missiles / choppers/ anything else
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6340|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

But on the other hand they reduced the damage the Jet cannon does so it is harder to take out helis.
They have also increased jet maneuverability at lower speeds which basically cancels out the reduced cannon damage as you can still line up very easily to disable or kill within 1 burst. The AA missiles not working for choppers also cancels out any nerf they did with the jet. Jet's dominate even more now.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya

nighthawk843 wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

But on the other hand they reduced the damage the Jet cannon does so it is harder to take out helis.
They have also increased jet maneuverability at lower speeds which basically cancels out the reduced cannon damage as you can still line up very easily to disable or kill within 1 burst. The AA missiles not working for choppers also cancels out any nerf they did with the jet. Jet's dominate even more now.
Pretty sure the AA missiles is something they will fix. That's not balancing, that's an error.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

nighthawk843 wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Pretty sure the AA missiles is something they will fix. That's not balancing, that's an error.
Yes it's a bug.
GeoEnvi
+22|6657|Philadelphia, PA

LT.Victim wrote:

I'm a complete chopper whore in this game. ...Surely someone  feels my pain.
I feel your pain...heli-whore.

/SandInTheVaseline
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6359
tanks and helicopters too weak
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
DICE admitted they went overboard with the tanks and suppression. Prolly gonna get tweak eventually. Prolly. Eventually.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
What's wrong with suppression?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Ugh, I'm getting real sick of these pilots who can turn tighter than you. I don't get it. You slow down to turn tight, but if you slow too much you stall and you're fucked. I try blipping the throttle, and yawing but at best I can only stay just ahead of them. This is like the third day running its happened.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6311|Atlanta, Georgia
Secret to tighter turning...

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Space bar for Down Axis and turn around 300mph. Press S to slow down to appropriate speed flip the plane on its side and press spacebar. Easy as that my friends. Who the fuck needs a joystick now?

Last edited by NeXuS (2012-04-02 13:38:44)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard