Viper38
+118|6685
After commanding quite extensively since the patch it appears team work is on the up ...
dubbs
+105|6647|Lexington, KY
@ the original post.  You played 4 rounds, that is not enough time to get a true feel for the game.  Would you test drive a car and take four right hand turns then say it was crap?  Play some more you might actually like the patch better then you do right now.  Hang in there, I am for sure you will adapt to the game play, if not keep flaming EA and Dice about the patches, at least they are trying.

Last edited by dubbs (2006-05-23 18:06:49)

Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6598|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Wow, you guys lose an exploit and can't play anymore, so sorry.  Learn to play with one squad and discover teamwork, this is for the good.
DaZeD863
+11|6566
Oh well.. At least it'll make for some interesting bitch sessions for a few weeks
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6738|SPARTA
         less points through the ceasing of squad-hopping. soon all will play only karkand. clever for ea. next game will only have one map                   
Milkballs
+16|6574|CT, US
I like it when patches come out, then I have an excuse whenever I suck hardcore and my kdr drops a couple points. A damn good way out of sayin that I suck.

Even though karkand has turned into even more of a transport-gunnerseat-mowdown fest than it was before with the vehicle drops.
WiBu
+14|6671

Reject_Wolf wrote:

Wow, you guys lose an exploit and can't play anymore, so sorry.  Learn to play with one squad and discover teamwork, this is for the good.
I also fail to see how they can call it an exploit. Capturing a flag, suiciding, joining a squad half way accross the map and then capture a flag there; yes. But simply moving squad after you have been killed can't be an exploit. I can't help feel they've tried to nail a the door shut with a giant sledge hammer rather than the small hammer which was needed.

And to all those saying I'm complaining because my KD dropped, it didn't really. It might have even been higher because I was hanging back more but hanging back is no fun, even as a sniper.

Last edited by WiBu (2006-05-24 02:53:51)

armis71
+0|6564
No need to hang back, just get into a safer position but can still give some covering support and have a medic in your squad that watches you if you get hit.
Coot11M
+7|6682
Squad hopping is not and should have never even been considered an exploit. It isn't a exploit. Everyone should know that with military rank and structure if the squad leader goes down the next guy in line becomes squad leader. Hell, I think if the squad leader dies, he should be demoted anyway.

Last edited by Coot11M (2006-05-24 03:57:11)

DrunkFlea
+6|6656
It's funny how I never even heard the term "Squad Hoping" before 1.3.  I mean no one was talking about this being a problem prior to any patch discussion.  My point is, why now?  Squad structure existed as it did for almost a year and no one was complaining about it being an exploit then.
DrunkFlea
+6|6656

dubbs wrote:

@ the original post.  You played 4 rounds, that is not enough time to get a true feel for the game.  Would you test drive a car and take four right hand turns then say it was crap?  Play some more you might actually like the patch better then you do right now.  Hang in there, I am for sure you will adapt to the game play, if not keep flaming EA and Dice about the patches, at least they are trying.
How about if you decide to buy the car and love the hell outta it.  Then three months later the car manufacturer sneaks onto you driveway and switches the motor.  You drive to work the next day and say "boy this is weird", but you get used to it.  Then three months after that you come out and the damn thing is painted another color.  Once again, it's not the same car but you get used to it.  Three more months and you come out to see off road tires on your compact..  WTF.  That doesn't belong, but you get used to it.
WiBu
+14|6671

Coot11M wrote:

Squad hopping is not and should have never even been considered an exploit. It isn't a exploit. Everyone should know that with military rank and structure if the squad leader goes down the next guy in line becomes squad leader. Hell, I think if the squad leader dies, he should be demoted anyway.
I'd never thought of it like that. Wise words .

DrunkFlea wrote:

It's funny how I never even heard the term "Squad Hoping" before 1.3.  I mean no one was talking about this being a problem prior to any patch discussion.  My point is, why now?  Squad structure existed as it did for almost a year and no one was complaining about it being an exploit then.
I'd never heard of it refered to it as that before the 1.3 stuff came out but I did do it, and like you, I've never seen it complained about apart from in tourniments by the losing side (even though they most likely did it too).
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6659|United States - Illinois

Coot11M wrote:

Do people commit suicide then join a new squad in a new town in real life too?

Oh and thx for the negative karma for my opinion (and shh noob for the reason...wow)  Looks like there are a ton of people that agree with me.  So why don't you adapt or quit  no one cares cause when you quit 10 more will buy the game not even knowing what squad jumping ever was.

Last edited by Colfax (2006-05-24 07:22:44)

xaven
+25|6748|Berlin

Colfax wrote:

So why don't you adapt or quit  no one cares cause when you quit 10 more will buy the game not even knowing what squad jumping ever was.
This is wrong and you will see that in half a year.
Blindbasher
+25|6563

WiBu wrote:

I can't help but feel 1.3 has ruined BF2's gameplay. Before the patch action was fast (most of the time), flags were constaintly dropping/being captured, advancements were reletively frequent and it was possible to do pretty well as the assaulting team (US on wake, MEC on sharqi etc).

After 1.3 the game just feel slow, flags rarely drop/get taken, it's near on impossible to have a sustained assault on wake to get a flag, it's hard to make advancements of any effect behind the enemy, and teamplay has been nerfed; I used to be in a squad with friends all the time, now it just seems like I'm better off lone wolfing it.

Why has this happend? They've effectively made squads useless. I know why they've done it, squad hopping around the map is wrong (capturing a flag, suiciding and then joining the squad on the other side map to capture another flag). However, squad hopping to get to the battle, to help an advancement, even to capture flags without the suicide is part of the BF2 gameplay mechanics and what make (made?) it a great game. Now it's just a slow combering beast which in all fairness, is boring to play.

I've played 4 or so rounds with the patch and all of them suffered from the same fate, the 2 wake rounds the US failed to make any real dent on the main island, occasionally capturing a flag and then losing is soon after. the second 2 rounds where on sharqi where the MEC suffered the same fate as the US on wake.

Edit:

It seems some people just want to argue. I've just got a -1 karma for this; the reason "bitch bitch bitch".

Edit 2: Some more bad karma coming in. "not being an intelligent poster" and "stop complaining". Thanks to the people who are willing to listen though and are being constructive.
You have to be alive to switch to get to that squad leader, but you can also get a buggy now. So it evens our some how.
DrunkFlea
+6|6656

Colfax wrote:

Please, for the sake of this argument do not try to draw the real life comparison.  You can still spawn off of the squad leader can't you?  When does that happen in real life?
ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6758
I will give the patch one thing i like: the whole "abandon choppers won't remain in flight".  it's annoying as hell when some n00b grabs the cobra on any map with the Essex just to fly to shore.  And of course, he's gotta fly it up to 1000ft, bail and parachute down.  Leaving the only cobra the USMC has flying in circles for the rest of the round....
ChiefCrash
+4|6758
You know, i must say: the squad hopping thing doesn't bug me too much.  Granted, sometimes it comes (came) in handy...

But then again, i played a LOT of BF1942.  And we didn't even HAVE squads....

you know when i was your age, we had to walk 13 miles to school....
Colfax
PR Only
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/slyder04/baby_finger.jpg

How old are you? that you cant figure out how squads actually work?

The patch is fine...get over it

Last edited by Colfax (2006-05-24 08:54:19)

xaven
+25|6748|Berlin
Ok, now I know. And that's me, aged 27 playing bf2 round a year in leagues:

https://eslgfx.net/gfx/logos/playerphotos/1017000/1017251_medium.jpg

back 2 topic?

Last edited by xaven (2006-05-24 08:55:14)

WiBu
+14|6671

Colfax wrote:

Coot11M wrote:

I agree with you that suicide hopping is wrong, they could have just taken the ability to do suicide then change/swap rather than kill the whole thing.
drepamig
+3|6664|Escanaba, MI
If they wanted to eliminate the suicide -> spawn on SL, they should have made it that if you suicide and ONLY when you've suicided, do you have to spawn once before you can spawn on the SL. That would remove the "exploit" of the squad hopping.
Colfax
PR Only

WiBu wrote:

Colfax wrote:

Coot11M wrote:

I agree with you that suicide hopping is wrong, they could have just taken the ability to do suicide then change/swap rather than kill the whole thing.
I understand where this may be an issue for some but how is it honestly GAME CHANGING.
Its not...just readjust your tactics.
xaven
+25|6748|Berlin
who does suicide and hop a squad for -2 points public? ridiculous argument...
ChiefCrash
+4|6758
That would still leave the "squadleader dies, so leaves and rejoins squad to spawn on his squadmember (which is now the squadleader)" exploit

Seriously, how is the squad hop thing a big deal?  You stay in one squad.  You all spawn on that one squad leader the whole game.  have someone be a medic to revive the squad leader if he gets shot...

at least you still HAVE a squad leader spawn...

Last edited by ChiefCrash (2006-05-24 09:24:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard