eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter
Just logged into Origin and saw that people can now pay something like $40 for all the unlocks or something.

What have these EA cunts turned this game into?!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
it doesn't really change anything
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
Yeah it's pretty much a non-issue, get over it. Nothing changes because of this.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

FatherTed wrote:

13rin
+977|6449
Hmm... Well, just another way for EA to turn a profit...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney

jsnipy wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
lol tbh
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6628|BC, Canada

Jaekus wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6358|New York
What they said. Starting guns are quite capable and it's only really for the suckers.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6438

heggs wrote:

What they said. Starting guns are quite capable and it's only really for the suckers.
Not only that but all the classes and vehicles will get all the equipment that they actually need fairly quickly anyway.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA
People who feel the need to purchase this pack are people who suck balls at this game.

Stock weapons own. Only need would be to make vehicles easier to get into initially. Even then, it's so easy to get vehicle unlocks.

People just rack dicsiprine
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria

UnkleRukus wrote:

Only need would be to make vehicles easier to get into initially.
And they have actually done that, by giving the IR flares for all air vehicles as a default unlock now.
Those are the hardest to get for a beginner, especially in jets, where you can't get passenger points.

Everything else can be unlocked rather quickly if you just play all classes and vehicles evenly.
Of course, if you're a silly sniper dork, spending hundreds of hours on your favorite rock, with the same gun, you will eventually realize that you have basically no chance with all other classes or any vehicles.
That's the target audience of EA's overpriced unlock DLC.

Anyway, it can't get worse than Valve and TF2, where you can pay to unlock stats features like kill count and some other few - separately for each gun!
Imagine having to pay to get a kill count stat for each BF3 gun...
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5874|CA
Starter weapons are very competitive, and unlocking vehicle upgrades is easy - either use them normally or go to an empty 1 player start ranked server and cap flags back and forth in them.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California
I used to care about people getting these with washingtons but now I could care less how they get them.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria
See it like this:
More silly knobs buying overpriced unlock DLC packs might make EA extend the period of BF3's support with more DLC packs, and, in the course of that, eventually a patch that finally remedies the last annoyances - without making some new ones.

Imagine BF2 had something like that. The 1.5 patch might have happened much earlier and much more effective.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6623
I didn't know what to expect with the pricing, but it seemed higher than I anticipated.

But it doesn't change anything - noobs will be noobs, and if an experienced player for some reason wants to pay almost the price of the game itself to unlock everything (maybe starting a new soldier, or something similar), it doesn't really bother me. A fool and his money are soon parted.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6438

globefish23 wrote:

See it like this:
More silly knobs buying overpriced unlock DLC packs might make EA extend the period of BF3's support with more DLC packs, and, in the course of that, eventually a patch that finally remedies the last annoyances - without making some new ones.

Imagine BF2 had something like that. The 1.5 patch might have happened much earlier and much more effective.
BF2 did have DLC though.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
they should be forced to wear a special armband ingame showing how bad they are

and then perhaps have to spend a certain amount of time ingame performing manual labour tasks with no reward.
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6769|Long Beach, CA
Part of the fun for me is earning the unlocks.  I have no problem with people buying it though.
Ptfo
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

Part of the fun for me is earning the unlocks.  I have no problem with people buying it though.
your sig is a bit bit mate.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

Does this unlock dogtags too?

Man that'd be sweet!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6769|Long Beach, CA

Camm wrote:

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

what does that mean?
Ptfo
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

Camm wrote:

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

what does that mean?
bit big*

as in theres some kinda fag 250 pixel limit for some fag reason and yours looks too big
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6628|BC, Canada
wat
BVC
+325|6665
That is the single worst thing to happen to Battlefield.

I will not be purchasing any more Battlefield titles or content because of this, will probably not be buying any more EA titles in the future, and will recommend people avoid EA titles.

This is not battlefield.

Last edited by Pubic (2012-04-02 22:58:04)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard