Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney

13rin wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

13rin wrote:

Hell if I know... but there apparently was a witness that observed Z laying on his back with TM straddling over him.  I'm reserving any opinion until more facts are revealed.
Going by Shifty's post:

It's stated by Zimmerman that after following Martin, and then Martin confronted him, Zimmerman then reached for his cell phone.

So here we have a 17 year old kid, out in a bad neighbourhood, at night, in the rain. He's been followed, and notices the guy following him. So he then approaches the guy asking if he had a problem. To which the guy then reaches inside his coat. For all we know Martin could've freaked thinking the guy was about to pull a gun on him, and attacked to protect himself. So Zimmerman pulls a gun on him anyway and shoots him dead.

The good intentions or not of Zimmerman aside to be "patrolling" the neighbourhood like a cop that he isn't, he would be an idiot if he were to think he's 100% in the right here.
Again, all of the facts aren't in.  Who are really the prejudice ones here?
You tell me.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Where was his broken nose shifty? Did he look like someone who had to shoot another in self defense?
So you know just by looking at someone if they are going to kill you?
Maybe if he was black and wearing a hoodie?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

I am dark and wearing a hoody outside right now

Oh fuck
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Macbeth wrote:

I am dark and wearing a hoody outside right now

Oh fuck
Needs more skittles.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

AussieReaper wrote:

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Where was his broken nose shifty? Did he look like someone who had to shoot another in self defense?
I can tell you've never been in a fist fight with a stranger.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
tough guys in this thread
Tu Stultus Es
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Jay wrote:

Several. Never had a gun pulled on me though. Since, you know... Australia.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

How did you know the fight wouldn't end with you being seriously injured, maimed, or dead? Are you prescient?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Jay wrote:

How did you know the fight wouldn't end with you being seriously injured, maimed, or dead? Are you prescient?
We are a friendly bunch.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Jay wrote:

I didn't, but since we were unarmed the odds of that happening shift somewhat.

Kinda like how of martin and zim, the guy with the gun killed the unarmed. Those odds are pretty easy to weigh.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

So had a fight occurred between the two of them and they had both been unarmed who do you think would have won?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Miggle wrote:

So had a fight occurred between the two of them and they had both been unarmed who do you think would have won?
The guy who followed the police instructions to wait in his car?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Kinda like how of martin and zim, the guy with the gun killed the unarmed. Those odds are pretty easy to weigh.
You can't say that Zimmerman would've walked away fine if he had no gun. None of us can.

You can't know someone elses motives just by looking at them.  You don't know if the guy is a psycopath. This is why you call the cops and have them deal with it He didn't. Idiot attacked him, validating the guys concern, and got shot. I'm sure Zimmerman was scared, and reacted out of fear, rather than looking to provoke someone so he could use his gun. That shit only happens in bad movies.
-Frederick Bastiat
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

AussieReaper wrote:

Miggle wrote:

The guy who followed the police instructions to wait in his car?
Ah DST. Fun times always.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Jay wrote:

You can't say that Zimmerman would've walked away fine if he had no gun. None of us can.

You can't know someone elses motives just by looking at them.  You don't know if the guy is a psycopath. This is why you call the cops and have them deal with it He didn't. Idiot attacked him, validating the guys concern, and got shot. I'm sure Zimmerman was scared, and reacted out of fear, rather than looking to provoke someone so he could use his gun. That shit only happens in bad movies.
Wait, in your mind zim was scared, didn't provoke anyone and was attacked by the unarmed martin and shot him as a reaction to that fear?

Wow.

Do you even think zim might have been following martin or does that not even register in your belief of events?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
He might've, I honestly don't care. Who threw the first punch is really the only important thing.
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Jay wrote:

He might've, I honestly don't care. Who threw the first punch is really the only important thing.
If martin threw the first punch, because he feared for his life since he was being stalked by some guy through the neighborhood, if martin decided to stand his ground, so to speak, you think it's okay zim stood his ground and fired?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

Jay wrote:

It also has to be proven that not killing martin would likely have led to his own death.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
It's a gray area no matter how you look at it. If it was cut and dry it wouldn't be a news story. I think the lesson learned is to not get in fist fights in Florida.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Miggle wrote:

Jay wrote:

It also has to be proven that not killing martin would likely have led to his own death.
That's impossible to prove unless you're a practitioner of necromancy
-Frederick Bastiat
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

Jay wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Jay wrote:

That's impossible to prove unless you're a practitioner of necromancy
it's not difficult to disprove though.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

or not to follow people you deem suspicious for whatever reason, and listen to the police when they say to stop following
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

Jay wrote:

If martin threw the first punch, because he feared for his life since he was being stalked by some guy through the neighborhood, if martin decided to stand his ground, so to speak, you think it's okay zim stood his ground and fired?
Stand Your Ground is meant to let people defend themselves at home and against car jackings and the like. You're twisting it into something its not. Guns aren't going away. Get the fuck over it.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

or not to follow people you deem suspicious for whatever reason, and listen to the police when they say to stop following
I don't disagree. I'm just saying there's a vast gulf between being a busybody, and a bloodthirsty racist wannabe curb stomper just waiting for his chance to shoot someone in cold blood
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6449

Jaekus wrote:

You tell me.
Heh.  Why bother, you've all ready made up your mind.  Ironic eh?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard