-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California

wah1188 wrote:

I used to think people were harsh on you Shifty.

I wiss George shot your skinny ass.
1. Zimmerman confronted Martin.
2. Martin was unarmed.
3. Zimmerman was armed.
4. Zimmerman killed Martin.

How was I being a dick?  It's not even certain that Zimmerman confronted him and he's basing all his stuff on that.

I don't agree with what he says but I do agree the post layout was fantastic and the organisation of thoughts too.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney

13rin wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

How is it proven it was self defence, when he himself admitted to approaching Martin, at night, in what is known as a fairly high-crime neighbourhood?

For all we know Martin was the one acting in self defence. After all he was the one approached by a guy who had been following him. In a car. At night. In the rain. He was 17 and approached by a bigger guy who is older than him. Maybe he thought he was being followed and about to be attacked, so he freaked.
Hell if I know... but there apparently was a witness that observed Z laying on his back with TM straddling over him.  I'm reserving any opinion until more facts are revealed.
Going by Shifty's post:

It's stated by Zimmerman that after following Martin, and then Martin confronted him, Zimmerman then reached for his cell phone.

So here we have a 17 year old kid, out in a bad neighbourhood, at night, in the rain. He's been followed, and notices the guy following him. So he then approaches the guy asking if he had a problem. To which the guy then reaches inside his coat. For all we know Martin could've freaked thinking the guy was about to pull a gun on him, and attacked to protect himself. So Zimmerman pulls a gun on him anyway and shoots him dead.

The good intentions or not of Zimmerman aside to be "patrolling" the neighbourhood like a cop that he isn't, he would be an idiot if he were to think he's 100% in the right here.

Last edited by Jaekus (2012-03-29 15:14:07)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Just to clarify in case I've been sending the wrong message. Zimmerman is innocent of murder in my opinion and rightfully defended himself while being attacked...but he's still an idiot.

Martin isn't too smart either for confronting a guy who could, according to you guys, totally kick his ass.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Ilocano wrote:

Still a wuss for needing a gun to stop getting a beat-down from a stick.
I kinda feel sorry for him. He knows that he's a gigantic pussy that can't fight his way out of a paper bag. I'm sure that knowledge tears him up inside every day.

Last edited by Jay (2012-03-29 15:26:10)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
6'3'' football player isn't really a stick

keep in mind that's coming from me who's 5'9'' and 124lbs
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

-Sh1fty- wrote:

6'3'' football player isn't really a stick

keep in mind that's coming from me who's 5'9'' and 124lbs
No one cares about you.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
13rin
+977|6449

Jaekus wrote:

13rin wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Hell if I know... but there apparently was a witness that observed Z laying on his back with TM straddling over him.  I'm reserving any opinion until more facts are revealed.
Going by Shifty's post:

It's stated by Zimmerman that after following Martin, and then Martin confronted him, Zimmerman then reached for his cell phone.

So here we have a 17 year old kid, out in a bad neighbourhood, at night, in the rain. He's been followed, and notices the guy following him. So he then approaches the guy asking if he had a problem. To which the guy then reaches inside his coat. For all we know Martin could've freaked thinking the guy was about to pull a gun on him, and attacked to protect himself. So Zimmerman pulls a gun on him anyway and shoots him dead.

The good intentions or not of Zimmerman aside to be "patrolling" the neighbourhood like a cop that he isn't, he would be an idiot if he were to think he's 100% in the right here.
Again, all of the facts aren't in.  Who are really the prejudice ones here?

13rin wrote:

if I know... but there apparently was a witness that observed Z laying on his back with TM straddling over him.  I'm reserving any opinion until more facts are revealed.
160 @ 6'3 is considered medically healthy on the BMI scale.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Medically healthy...and I point out it's perfectly possible and take shit for it. lol
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

you take shit for being an idiot in this thread - see:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Just to clarify in case I've been sending the wrong message. Zimmerman is innocent of murder in my opinion and rightfully defended himself while being attacked...but he's still an idiot.

Martin isn't too smart either for confronting a guy who could, according to you guys, totally kick his ass.
there were two people who knew exactly what happened.  One of them is dead.  Coming to a conclusion without knowing exactly what happened is stupid
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Based on what we know, which is all based on George's story along with the facts reported from the cops. I think he's innocent.

Since a lot of what the cops said and witnesses, it correlates with George's story so I'm inclined to believe him.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

I am interested in hearing lowing's thoughts on this
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Has he been on lately?

I just saw the video saying he wasn't covered in blood. I 'ed hard

"Look at that super grainy video where you can't see shit...see?! SEE?!!! There's no blood!"
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
lowing left
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

Where was his broken nose shifty? Did he look like someone who had to shoot another in self defense?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Your first sentence doesn't make sense if you read what I said.

I can't give you an answer to that second question. I'm not an experienced fighter, I've only been in a few minor brawls, and I wouldn't know who could or couldn't defend themselves just by looking at them. Weight and height changes things but experience probably means more than pysical attributes as long as there isn't a huuuuge weight height difference.

I know nothing about fighting besides not judging a book by it's cover. So I think it's very possible that Mr. Martin knocked Mr. Z down
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

Poseidon wrote:

Has it been mentioned that the picture of "Martin" with his pants sagging and no shirt on is not Martin at all? Well done once again, Michelle Malkin.
Needs repeating.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
So where can I find a recent picture of Martin?

https://www.bet.com/content/betcom/news/national/2012/03/16/the-cruel-fatethat-came-to-an-average-kid-trayvon-martin/_jcr_content/featuredMedia/newsitemimage_0.newsimage.dimg/031612-national-trayvon-martin.jpg

bingo...GOOGLE

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2012-03-29 16:52:08)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-linehan/ … rug-dealer

Even if he was a drug dealer, and a thief, that doesn't mean it's legal for some random wannabe cop/vigilante to kill him (Zimmerman initiated the confrontation the moment he decided to ignore the 911 operator).  Also, how fucking stupid is it that a neighborhood watch person was carrying a gun?  What a loser. 

All evidence points to manslaughter.

My version of the events :  Cops know him, so they know his family is connected to law enforcement.  They figure it'd be easier to not piss off his family and just hope the thing goes away. 

Either way it's pretty impossible to argue with the fact that, if the situation were reversed, the black guy would most definitely be arrested by now.

Last edited by Spearhead (2012-03-29 16:59:12)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I donno man, if he did deal drugs and steals it says something about his character that he'd be more likely to maybe start something he shouldn't. Z also had a criminal record so that kind of cancels things out. Confrontation in the dictionary isn't ignoring a 9/11 operator. The confrontation happened when Martin supposedly attacked Zimmerman. Following somebody in a car isn't confrontation.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I donno man, if he did deal drugs and steals it says something about his character that he'd be more likely to maybe start something he shouldn't. Z also had a criminal record so that kind of cancels things out. Confrontation in the dictionary isn't ignoring a 9/11 operator. The confrontation happened when Martin supposedly attacked Zimmerman. Following somebody in a car isn't confrontation.
Zimmerman has a police record for resisting a police officer and also a restraining order was filed against him by an ex. That shows he's an angry guy with a penchant for violence. Hurr durr
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

-Sh1fty- wrote:

How many calls to police did Z make, 46? What does that tell you.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

-Sh1fty- wrote:

If he dealt drugs, he dealt drugs.  It's not your job to determine character, and even if it was, character has nothing to do with what actually happened.  What we do know is that Zimmerman was A) substantially larger and B) Zimmerman had a gun, and Martin did not.  Regardless of whatever people who do not know either of them are projecting onto this thing. 

If Martin himself felt threatened, he would have been protected by Stand your ground.  If 911 TOLD Zimmerman NOT to pursue, because HE IS A CIVILIAN AND NOT A POLICE OFFICER, then he must be held solely responsible for the initiating the confrontation.  Following somebody in a car is INITIATING the confrontation.  INITIATING being the key word here.

So Zimmerman

A) Was an armed neighborhood watch captain, who initiated the confrontation

B) Was substantially larger in physique (I dunno about all of you but I feel kind of threatened anytime I'm followed by someone bigger then me, it's kind of human nature)

C) Had a firearm

Connect the dots people..... and try not jumping to conclusions.  Remember when Casey Anthony got off scot free?  This really isn't that much different.  Who are the people who care the most about this?  Black people, derp.  It's not a race war.  It's not a zero sum game here.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

Where was his broken nose shifty? Did he look like someone who had to shoot another in self defense?
So you know just by looking at someone if they are going to kill you?
-Frederick Bastiat
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

I take back my wuss comment.

After a certain weight, at 5'9", the threat factor goes negative.  At 240 pounds, most definitely.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard