Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York

heggs wrote:

Haha, I was merely looking at your sig when I wrote that. Just being a jackass.

I'm in New Rochelle NY so I'm pretty familiar with the train lines around the area. I take the Metro North New Haven line occasionally when I want to go down to the city without driving.
You drive into the city?

ewwwww
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

I am a 5 minute drive into the city so it makes more sense than taking a bus to JC and then a train or driving to JC and taking a train.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6008|The Mitten

Macbeth wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

?? The tickets going either way are the same. There's no in or out ticket. They don't expire either.
Huh? Or do you mean that each ticket us designed the same? Like, I usually just buy two one-way tickets. Although, you could also buy a monthly pass...
Err if you select 'round trip adult' it will burp out two tickets with the destinations and depart reversed. It doesn't matter which one you give them since they are the same value.
Oh, yea.
Well, it does kinda matter, lol... At least, with all the conductors I've had
EE (hats
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5974|London, England

my new favorite thing is hip hop vs thomas the tank engine mashups
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6746|Oxferd Ohire
pretty shitty favorite thing
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Mutantbear

well your favorite thing is dicks in ur butt so thats pretty shitty
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Mutantbear

heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6397|New York

Poseidon wrote:

heggs wrote:

I'm in New Rochelle NY so I'm pretty familiar with the train lines around the area. I take the Metro North New Haven line occasionally when I want to go down to the city without driving.
You drive into the city?

ewwwww
Yeah, sometimes. I only do it on the weekends though. And if I do, I'm typically going to Chinatown, so I can find street parking that I don't have to pay for, usually around the jail down there.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

A Paradise man says he is lucky to be alive after an attack by a mountain lion Monday morning.

Robert Biggs, 69, often hikes in the Bean Soup Flat area, which is about a mile and a half above Whisky Flats. He came across a mother bear, a yearling and a newborn, which were about 40 feet from where he was standing.

After watching the bear family for a few minutes he decided to leave them be and turned to walk back up the trail. As he turned, a mountain lion pounced on him grabbing hold of his backpack with all four paws.

"They usually grab hold of your head with all four paws, but my backpack was up above my head and (the mountain lion) grabbed it instead," Biggs said. "It must have been stalking the little bear, but it was on me in seconds."

He wrestled with the cat, striking it in the head with a rock pick. The cat screamed when it was hit with the pick, but didn't let go, Biggs said. Before he knew it, the mother bear came from behind and pounced on the cat, tearing its grip from the backpack.

The bear and the cat battled for about 15 seconds, Biggs said, until the cat finally ran away. The bear went on its way as well. Biggs ended up with bite marks, scratches and bruises to his arm, but was otherwise uninjured.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

heggs wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

heggs wrote:

You drive into the city?

ewwwww
Yeah, sometimes. I only do it on the weekends though. And if I do, I'm typically going to Chinatown, so I can find street parking that I don't have to pay for, usually around the jail down there.
I did it once when I lived there last year. Never again. LIRR/Metro North/Amtrak work fine for me.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

That's pretty crazy. Headline should be, 'bear saves man from mountain lion'.

I went to elementary school with a girl who was mauled by a mountain lion in a state park. She got fucked up and got a settlement from the state. Now they have to post warning signs everywhere. Even for bees o.O
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5711|College Park, MD
The trend is dead
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6397|New York

Poseidon wrote:

I did it once when I lived there last year. Never again. LIRR/Metro North/Amtrak work fine for me.
Yeah, coming from Albany is a little different than coming from New Rochelle though. You're driving an extra 2 hours that I'm not.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Just walked into a lecture hall and a quarter of my class is just sitting here in the dark. If I knew where the light switch was I would hit. The other students are cool with just sitting in the dark it seems. I am not sure if I should say something.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
good god I hate writing papers for management class. literally the driest subject ever.

and what's the deal with margins? I think there's a reason MS Word doesn't default to 1" margins all around, so why do I need to use them on these papers??
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Macbeth wrote:

Just walked into a lecture hall and a quarter of my class is just sitting here in the dark. If I knew where the light switch was I would hit. The other students are cool with just sitting in the dark it seems. I am not sure if I should say something.
Well I said something and someone pointed me in the direction of the light switch. /saved the day #bringeroflight
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6397|New York

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

good god I hate writing papers for management class. literally the driest subject ever.

and what's the deal with margins? I think there's a reason MS Word doesn't default to 1" margins all around, so why do I need to use them on these papers??
Because your professor likes it.

Also, I thought you were leading into a Seinfeld joke with that question.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

heggs wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Yeah, coming from Albany is a little different than coming from New Rochelle though. You're driving an extra 2 hours that I'm not.
No I mean from anywhere though. I'd never drive from Long Island to NYC even if it's only a 45 min drive. It's hell.

also

https://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17hu9ortfzjbygif/original.gif

kool yo
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

Writing papers gets you into a habit that you'll probably use in the real world. One of my guys here at work is doing an MBA program and he passes a lot of knowledge my way regarding how to organize and present information.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6397|New York

Poseidon wrote:

heggs wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

No I mean from anywhere though. I'd never drive from Long Island to NYC even if it's only a 45 min drive. It's hell.
Fair enough. Truthfully, it's a bit of a bitch for me too, but sometimes I can't avoid it. In order to avoid any tolls, I take a slightly convoluted way to get there.

Also, cool phone booth brah
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
According to researcher Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi (pronounced ME-high-lee CHICK-sent-me-high-lee)
wtf
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6397|New York
Aaand Clear!
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6397|New York

heggs wrote:

Aaand Clear!
You're good to go!
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5552|Toronto
My room. It has fucking ants. The little brown kind.

Too late in the year for me to put money into buy poison.

We shall peacefully coexist.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6321

We have problems with the big black ones (ants) every year

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard