fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6559
Only one thing comes to my mind - do they test their Patches?

I mean, it's not that hard to see that the Server Browser is screwed, the Servers don't show any informations like Autobalancing, Friendly Fire, Rounds Per Map. You're not able to look ingame (if you've already joined the server) for the Name of the Server or the IP.

Hopefully a patch for the patch will be released soon. It seems like EA thought that they are already far behind their schedule and release a 50% Patchproduct, so that they can throw out Armored Fury.

Until today i wanted to buy Armored Fury, but now i'm rather waiting for EA coming with a new fix and /maybe /reward them with 10 Bucks.

The good side: Until now i made 3 awards (Expert Ground Defense, Veteran Helicopter, Armor Combat Medal) due to the new requirements.

Last edited by fierce (2006-05-23 16:19:43)

crownvic96
+5|6545
mines working pretty good. *shrug*
timdorr
+0|6806
Sort the list by the server name and it won't jump. Of course, that still makes it a bit difficult. Good thing I have a good list of favorites built up
jaric57
+1|6626
As FirePhoenix said if you sort by ping it dynamically updates the list every time you click on a server. The server you select gets moved according to the new EA\Dice "Random Ping Generator" tm. If you sort by server name or map it seems to be OK. Although it would be nice to be able to see the player list as well.

Patch 1.31 anyone ?
HisInfernalDeath
+23|6716|Belgium
I just had a ping pong of 33500267 !
I fired a shot, and it killed someone who spawned 10 minutes after the shot. Amazing.
Dogfood Enforcer
+4|6655
i have this exact problem. everytime i click on a server to join it gives me ANOTHER random server. differnt map, population..everything.

its completely F*CKED>

i didnt read the entire first post of this and accidentally made another thread on the same problem. sorry
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6742|The 70's
I think what might be happening is something like this; ever noticed that when you select a server with a ping of say 98, then when you click on it, it would show a lower ping of 30 (im talking before this patch)?
What it seems to be doing now is reordering the servers by ping, so that when it adjusts the ping for the selected server it changes position in the list. I always double click the icon thing to get low pings at the top, now when i select a 90 ping server and it changes to 30, it jumps up to the top of the list. (so that now the highlight is on another server, but you will still join the one you selected if you continue, i think)
Dogfood Enforcer
+4|6655
i will try that.

thanks man
frasierdog
laff @ internetz
+2|6754
Yeah dudes, I think we all feel the pain.

https://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1648/easerverbrowsersux4jl.jpg
evilduckz
+1|6555
Yes it does do this, i dont know if someone has pointed it out yet or not, but if you click the server, yes it will move but if you click join, you join the one you orginally intended on joining.
ComradeWho
+50|6686|Southern California

evilduckz wrote:

Yes it does do this, i dont know if someone has pointed it out yet or not, but if you click the server, yes it will move but if you click join, you join the one you orginally intended on joining.
in my experience so far when i click a server the server i originally highlight jumps... and in it's place is a new server but unfortunately my selection doesn't jump with the original server - the new server becomes selected.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6647|Brisbane, Australia

Holy heck! Every server I join gets me a CTD!

Anyway to fix that?
Seaneroo
+12|6649
God, I'm afraid to update now.

What would happen if everyone (servers and players) simply boycotted the new patch and continued playing pre-1.3?

Last edited by Seaneroo (2006-05-23 23:15:49)

beerface702
+65|6684|las vegas
Looks at watch.

waits for Patch to fix Patch.
cmotdibbler
+19|6657|The pork thing inna bun stall.
Got the same problems with the server list. Seems to be auto sorting whenever you select a server. Was fun trying to keep track of the server i wanted info on. Every time i selected one it moved somewhere else in the list and i had to try and find it again. Also it rarely showed the list of players on the server and when it did the ping time went nuts ( ranged from 0 to 8965342 ). Oh well apart from that it crashed once and lost connection once. Good times..
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

I find deleting your account then retriving it fixes the retard ping, as well as most CTD's the only reason I still get them, is when I join a server I am banned from, fixes the player list most of the time..........

'Server Sliding' as I call it now, is still there

The reason I call it server sliding? Is because when I click again, the server selected slides down, leaving me with the server beneath it selected

Last edited by Sarrk (2006-05-24 02:06:25)

Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

HisInfernalDeath wrote:

I just had a ping pong of 33500267 !
I fired a shot, and it killed someone who spawned 10 minutes after the shot. Amazing.
CRONOHAX!
XtotheZ1996
+0|6540|Far Far Away^^
Can anyone tell me which server is playable? Are there a few? Do they still exist °.° ? I think not... If u asked me Patch 1.3 was a lil bit dissapointing....
Herackles
+33|6618
Choosing a server to play on now is like playing pin the needle on the donkey.  Annoying yes, but not more than refreshing your server list and finding out that nine times out of ten...it makes the game crash.  Hehe...Good times.

Last edited by Herackles (2006-05-24 02:12:55)

XtotheZ1996
+0|6540|Far Far Away^^
Can anyone tell me which server is playable? Are there a few? Do they still exist °.° ? I think not... If u asked me Patch 1.3 was a lil bit dissapointing....
GODFULLMETALJACKET
+3|6694
i agree, 2,000,000 ping  !!! playing chase the server around, sever says 34 people but none show up on screen, wtf,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just think we will have patches coming out of our asses forever and ever..

and another thing, before the patch came out, not getting my sniper hrs. for some reason, it was chosen on a ranked server too???  the hrs i played a snipe didnt show up????????????
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6742

ComradeWho wrote:

First of all, I am having the problem some other guy is having with the server list... that is that any server with more then 10 players shows up as having a ping above 200 or 300 or more... when i do find a server that works when i click on it its ping shoots up to above 20,000..

and to make things worse when i click on the server the server i click on resorts itself to a different part of the list. here's what i mean: when i sort by ping and then see a nice server i like to join i click on it and as soon as i click on it (and the ping information updates) it jumps to a different part of the list.. so that if i double click i am joining the server that moves into the slot of the one i wanted... and clicking once to press the "join" button manually doesn't work because my selection doesn't jump with the server.. so i get to chase the server i want around - yippie! it's like a whole new game, how innovative.. they ought to create a ribbon for people who master it.
yeah getting exactly the same thing happening with mine. is really annoying cause you can not just double click anymore because you will end up just joining another server!
Absinthe
+18|6747
MAYBE.. just maybe the servers are freakin' overloaded right now ?

flame/blame in two days. not now. give a chance.
ComradeWho
+50|6686|Southern California

Absinthe wrote:

MAYBE.. just maybe the servers are freakin' overloaded right now ?

flame/blame in two days. not now. give a chance.
buddy when i installed this i couldn't find a server with more than 10 people
believe me this has nothing to do with the size/ping of servers and it has everything to do with the way servers are sorted.
<b|k> lukie
+7|6713|Germany
Enter your ping range i.e. "160" and refresh. Then remove the "160" and sort by "servername". Now servers shouldn't jump or disappear. HTH

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard