Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

Question on velocity.  Is higher always better?  For the G4, should it be at the fields 275 requirement?  Or will it acutally perform better at say lower velocity, like 240 or 250?

Also, what do you guys think about the Tippmann TPX Paintball Pistol.  Might be fun to play with, going akimbo.  Yeah, I'm the run and gun, mad dash to cover and snap firing, quick flanking kind of player.
Karbin
+42|6265

Ilocano wrote:

Question on velocity.  Is higher always better?  For the G4, should it be at the fields 275 requirement?  Or will it acutally perform better at say lower velocity, like 240 or 250?

Also, what do you guys think about the Tippmann TPX Paintball Pistol.  Might be fun to play with, going akimbo.  Yeah, I'm the run and gun, mad dash to cover and snap firing, quick flanking kind of player.
Are you on CO2 or HPA for the G4?
A lower velocity would give you more "bounce balls" and less long range hits.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock

Ilocano wrote:

They should always run better higher. I personally have mine up as close to 300fps as possible, the only change might be efficiency, but that can usually be tweaked.

The pistols... I'm not sure. Watch some tournament paintball and you'll soon see that you can run gun flank and snap shoot just as quick with those electros as you probably could with some pistols. Try and get  familiar with some of those techniques.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

Yeah, just talked to the shop guys.  Field max is best.

I'll hold off the pistols for awhile.  To me, playing is more for the thrill and adrenaline rush.  Winning or losing, no big deal.

Went ahead and got my son the DP G4.  Took my brother along, and he got the Axe.  And to top that, guy next to me got the GEO.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

Karbin wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

HPA.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687
Yeah field max is best. Hehe you should get a macdev or axe for your next gun borrow your brother's for a bit and see how it feels
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Karbin
+42|6265

Ilocano wrote:

Karbin wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

HPA.
HPA, being more stable then C02, you can run closer to the field max.
I try to run 10 FPS below max. Covers the odd ball thats over sized and runs hot.
Adams_BJ

Ilocano wrote:

Yeah, just talked to the shop guys.  Field max is best.

I'll hold off the pistols for awhile.  To me, playing is more for the thrill and adrenaline rush.  Winning or losing, no big deal.

Went ahead and got my son the DP G4.  Took my brother along, and he got the Axe.  And to top that, guy next to me got the GEO.
The day I ge home I'm ordering me a geo 2.1
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

A much better gun will have to wait.  A new FJ Cruiser and a prosumer Canon DSLR are in the pipe.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

Tried out my brother's Empire Axe.  A bit bigger and heavier than my G4.  I wasn't as dexterous with it as I am with the G4.  Not sure I'll get it.  May have to go with the Geo or similar a year from now.  Or at least get one of those smaller compact carbon tanks and a lower profile hopper.

Embarrassing getting owned a couple times by a 12 year old, twice, with a rental gun.  Small and camping.  They can take advantage of smaller cover.  I took an arrow paint on both knees.
Adams_BJ
most markers will have a sliding ASA where you screw your bottle in. I always have to lengthen mine out a little because I like to tuck the heel of my hand/wrist right in behind the handle.
Adams_BJ
Our breakout is too aggressive, too much running and not enough shooting. We need to reel in the aggressiveness. I'm thinking off the break take a few steps out to lane, then when their guys go into dive, then go to our bunkers. We tried it a few times and it has an added benefit of the guys laning on us thinking we werent headed there and giving up just as we seem to run through the lane.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Adams_BJ wrote:

Our breakout is too aggressive, too much running and not enough shooting. We need to reel in the aggressiveness. I'm thinking off the break take a few steps out to lane, then when their guys go into dive, then go to our bunkers. We tried it a few times and it has an added benefit of the guys laning on us thinking we werent headed there and giving up just as we seem to run through the lane.
always run and gun
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Adams_BJ
oh, there's always running and gunning, its just not effecting gunning cos we are running.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
loves paintball, misses it.
Adams_BJ
play it, join a team etc.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
not in to speedball, more woodsball, but no one wants to fork out for a set up, and I don't feel like playin with a buch of yahoos.
Adams_BJ
speedball and scenario is fun. I think youd like speedball anyway white, its right up your adrenaline alley.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
Yeah, I would probably enjoy the rush with friends, just the dudes in the leagues seem like tools I would rather run up and punch instead of shoot. At least in the videos.

No offense or anything.

Also why does it always seem that one dude on each team has dreads...
Adams_BJ

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Yeah, I would probably enjoy the rush with friends, just the dudes in the leagues seem like tools I would rather run up and punch instead of shoot. At least in the videos.

No offense or anything.

Might be like that in NA, but I don't notice it too much here, even in the higher grades. You have to remember that it is a competitive sport, and people can get a bit of an ego when the heat is on. Make a team with your friends and play in the amateur grade for a good time, or join a team of guys that you get along with (like I did). You probably wont run into to douches until you start going up grades, and even then you don't need to associate with them.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4939|Dundee, Scotland.
omg. There's a paintball place opening up about 10 miles from me.

Fuck to the YEAH
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Adams_BJ wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

No offense or anything.

Might be like that in NA, but I don't notice it too much here, even in the higher grades. You have to remember that it is a competitive sport, and people can get a bit of an ego when the heat is on. Make a team with your friends and play in the amateur grade for a good time, or join a team of guys that you get along with (like I did). You probably wont run into to douches until you start going up grades, and even then you don't need to associate with them.
tbh i haven't really seen a lot of ego at the pro level in taiwan. there's just one dickhead team that cheats like a motherfucker.
Adams_BJ
theres on team here that has one knob. He hates getting shot out by players a grade lower than him (us) he goes off his rocker. CLASSIC.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
Nice. Fuck I would need to hit the gym to play speedball. Even the stop and go running bursts in woodsball kills my legs the nex day.
Adams_BJ
I have realised how shit out of shape and how low staminia I have in my legs since I started playing speedball. You spend all this time crouching and squatting - and then you see an opportunity to sprint up to a better bunker and your head screams YES while youre legs scream NO DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT YOU FUCKING IDIOT

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard