Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5351|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

as opposed to fuck up the world and make money off it? i think the guy is a tool but i'll take option one over option 2 any day
Would fuck up the world economy and make poor people even poorer. He gets to sit pretty on his mountain of money.

Both options are shit.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

Dude accepting global warming isn't the same as accepting a carbon-credit market. Why can't you seperate the two?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Dude accepting global warming isn't the same as accepting a carbon-credit market. Why can't you seperate the two?
Because it is impossible. You have the Dems on the one hand accepting the worst case scenario for climate change and wanting to use that worst case to push through their agenda, and you have the Reps on the other hand denying that climate change occurs at all. There's no rational middle ground. Hell, the only scientists you ever hear from are the ones that agree with one of the two hyperbolic political agendas. The science of climate change stopped mattering as soon as Gore released An Inconvenient Truth. Now it's about money and who can profit off of scientific perception rather than reality. Science is being used as a cover for money grabs.

I happen to believe in climate change. I don't think it will be as dramatic as people imagine, and I don't believe that any of the currently proposed solutions will have any impact at all. Transferring funds to poor countries won't help them. Installing more solar panels won't help. Wind farms? Nope. Electric vehicles? Nope. Those are pushed as alternatives, but they're so hopelessly crap that the only way people can make any money at all investing in them is if, again, they convince an ignorant public that subsidizing them, and imposing protectionist tariffs, and putting skyhigh taxes on their competition, is for the greater good. Raise the cost, and lower the standard, of living, for zero gain except to the charlatans profiting off of shoving it down our throats.

The whole 'green movement' is predicated on exploiting peoples emotions and shouting down anyone as heartless that tries to argue using reason.

Last edited by Jay (2012-03-01 10:13:31)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

The only way I can respond right now is lol. Didn't you want to be an alternative/green energy engineer guy? I remember reading that somewhere on here.

There's no rational middle ground to you because you refuse to see it. Instead you go off on rants like the one above based on what stupid people from both sides of the argument say.

FYI, alternative and energy saving products and solutions are out there in the market, and people are making money off them. Sure, sometimes subsidies are out there for it. That's not always a bad thing.
13rin
+977|6472

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

as opposed to fuck up the world and make money off it? i think the guy is a tool but i'll take option one over option 2 any day
Wait... What's option 2?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6398|North Carolina
Well, with global warming, it's not about accepting it.  It's obvious that it's happening.

The only real debate is what's causing it and how much is each factor significant.
13rin
+977|6472
Sorry man.  Earth has been in a cooling phase since the late 90's.

Actually if believing in global warming just in case it's true... I'd expect KJ to believe in god as well...  You know, just in case.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum
turq you know better than to say global warming |:
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

I don't believe in global warming. I resort to statistics and science. There's no believing necessary.

13rin wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Wait... What's option 2?
Option one- fuck up the world and make money (like numerous mining and oil companies)

Option two- scare the world and make money (like Al Gore)

I'll take option two all day errday. Don't take that as an endorsement for Al Gore or his positions, because I don't endorse him. If I had to choose which one to complain about, I'd pick the first.
jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.
The earth will still be around in another 100 mllion years regardless of climate change, the only difference is we as a species won't be anymore. I'm fine with that.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Turquoise wrote:

Well, with global warming, it's not about accepting it.  It's obvious that it's happening.

The only real debate is what's causing it and how much is each factor significant.
No, because the argument is about extremes. Either the earth is exploding or nothing is happening. Those are the political positions.
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada

Jay wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

No, because the argument is about extremes. Either the earth is exploding or nothing is happening. Those are the political positions.
Well yeah, but most climate scientists aren't alarmists.  Anytime you get politics involved, there's going to be exaggeration.

Last edited by Turquoise (2012-03-01 12:29:39)

Turquoise
O Canada

13rin wrote:

Sorry man.  Earth has been in a cooling phase since the late 90's.

Actually if believing in global warming just in case it's true... I'd expect KJ to believe in god as well...  You know, just in case.
Alright, I'll use the phrase "climate change" then.
13rin
+977|6472
That's cool... Call it whatever you want.  I still think its a crock of shit.  To each his own.
jord
lol
13rin
+977|6472
'lol' is right...

The plot thins.
jord
I swear since you changed your name you started trolling, I swear it.
Turquoise
O Canada

jord wrote:

What was his original name?
jord
DBrinson with some numbers or something
13rin
+977|6472

jord wrote:

Here and there, but I really don't subscribe to the GW/climatechange/skyisfalling crowd.  In the 70's we were supposed to have an ice age.  Flavor of the month crap.

The birther shit is funny to me.  I've got an open mind.  I'm cynical and skeptical of people's claims.  I've seen too many instances where people aren't exactly who they claim to be and exaggerate their credentials.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6625|949

13rin wrote:

'lol' is right...

The plot thins.
yeah that group isn't politically motivated haha

i thought the whole 'birther' thing was over with.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461

13rin wrote:

'lol' is right...

The plot thins.
lol is right.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5252|foggy bottom

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

13rin wrote:

'lol' is right...

The plot thins.
lol is right.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5252|foggy bottom
Andrew "Peanut Brittle" Breitbart is dead.  couldnt have happened to a nicer person
Tu Stultus Es
Reciprocity
+721|6573|the dank(super) side of Oregon

13rin wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Because the faster you burn that stuff up the longer it'll be cheap?
No.  We've more than enough oil.  Fuck the middle east and south america.
yeah, because that's how the global oil market works.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard