Reciprocity
+721|6579|the dank(super) side of Oregon
you want cheap gas?  pray for recession.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
Cheney wanted high gas prices.

Its imported, using it inefficiently helps no-one and lands you with an inefficient infrastructure.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

https://i.imgur.com/udYMJ.jpg
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6730|St. Andrews / Oslo

RTHKI wrote:

what about the poor people
Improve public transport
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
13rin
+977|6477

Reciprocity wrote:

you want cheap gas?  pray for recession.
Wouldn't need to if he whould have approved the pipeline deal with the cannucks.  He also should have lifted the moratorium on offshore drilling.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Because the faster you burn that stuff up the longer it'll be cheap?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire

Jenspm wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

Improve public transport
i dont see this happening in many areas
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
13rin
+977|6477

Jenspm wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

Improve public transport
My municipality is actively engaging in 'social engineering'.  The city commissioners feel it would be best to eliminate multiple lanes of traffic on some of the city's busiest thoroughfares and designate them as 'bike and bus lanes'.  One of them commented that if people are sitting in their cars, stuck in traffic while buses are whizzing by; they'll eventually park their cars and ride the bus.  The brain-trust has also elected to erect hundreds of bus stops every 100 yards or so that further impedes the flow of traffic.  My taxpayer money pays not only for this, but also for the buses fucking wi-fi.  Not only are the buses empty, there are many times that I see them stacked up in queue; tailgating each other from stop to stop.  It is infuriating.  But hey, they're getting ready to pass another 1 cent gas tax to further fuck up -er fix the traffic system.

Don't even get me started on their red light cameras or their revitalization of Gaines street or "G street" as they're now calling it... . buffoons.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13rin
+977|6477

Dilbert_X wrote:

No.  We've more than enough oil.  Fuck the middle east and south america.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6730|St. Andrews / Oslo

13rin wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

Improve public transport
My municipality is actively engaging in 'social engineering'.  The city commissioners feel it would be best to eliminate multiple lanes of traffic on some of the city's busiest thoroughfares and designate them as 'bike and bus lanes'.  One of them commented that if people are sitting in their cars, stuck in traffic while buses are whizzing by; they'll eventually park their cars and ride the bus..
Well I hope it does. It seems the only thing that will make people park their cars is financial incentives, at least not until we have a new, critical, short-term pressing environmental issue (e.g. Ozone layer). Long-term slightly disputed issues, coupled with shite international agreements (Kyoto) make people think 'why me?' and not realise that our lifestyles are completely unsustainable.

Just look at airliners (e.g. Norwegian) buying new eco-friendly planes from Boeing. They're not made eco-friendly to save the environment (as much as they like to claim that), but because it saves costs. Making fuel expensive forces people to take a look at their consumption, which is about time.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

13rin wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

The best tax/revenue scheme a country can do is making tolls on roads. I just wonder how much money the city of sydney is making from harbour bridge tolls alone
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England
Dems have made it no secret that they want European level taxation on gas in order to 'force people out of their cars'. Except most of America is rural and has no access to public transportation. I have hatred in my heart for environmentalists.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Jenspm wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

Improve public transport
Be less retarded, please.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5700|College Park, MD
Improving mass transit nationwide is an admirable goal but it takes AGES. Hell, the Metro Silver Line extension to Dulles Airport is not gonna be complete till like 2016/2017. That's a long time to wait and a long time to live with high gas prices, which in turn increase the prices of most other goods.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Jay wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

Improve public transport
Be less retarded, please.
took sydney 7 years to building 13km of rail track and 2 billion dollars lol.

public transport doesn't work everywhere, only works for highly urbanized cities.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
13rin
+977|6477

Cybargs wrote:

13rin wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

The best tax/revenue scheme a country can do is making tolls on roads. I just wonder how much money the city of sydney is making from harbour bridge tolls alone
The FL Turnpike brings in roughly 600 mil a year.  Last I checked it was 3 bil in the hole.  But yea, I'd pay a buck for a shortcut where the majority of the people on the road with your are in a similar mindset of "let's get there."

Now what NY has done to toll roads is just obscene.  Some of these poor bastards are paying like 28 dollars a day round trip..  Turnpike is 13 dollars for a few hundred miles.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I was paying $9.60 every day to commute across the bridge to college (it's $13.00 if you didn't have an EZ-Pass). No one is paying $28 unless they are commuting from New Jersey to Long Island
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina

Jay wrote:

Dems have made it no secret that they want European level taxation on gas in order to 'force people out of their cars'. Except most of America is rural and has no access to public transportation. I have hatred in my heart for environmentalists.
I think you're confusing environmentalists with kleptocrats.

Most people that want to improve the cleanliness of the environment aren't in favor of taxing the hell out of people -- they just want better standards applied to industrial pollution.

It's the bureaucrats that take more of a tax approach, because they're more interested in amassing money than in actually cleaning things up.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Turquoise wrote:

Jay wrote:

Most people that want to improve the cleanliness of the environment aren't in favor of taxing the hell out of people -- they just want better standards applied to industrial pollution.

It's the bureaucrats that take more of a tax approach, because they're more interested in amassing money than in actually cleaning things up.
No, in many cases they are one and the same. The environmental lobby has become huge, especially within the democratic party. They want government subsidies and tariffs for green energy industries. They then want their competitors put at a disadvantage by riling up the environmentalists on stuff like the Keystone pipeline. There's big money involved.

Yes, at its core, I happen to like environmentalism. I don't like pollution and I don't want to see the whales disappear from the earth. The political goals of most environmentalists are completely at odds with reality though. Just like the public health advocates, they have their vision of the world and don't understand or care about the consequences of getting from point A to point B. I hate stupidity, and it's displayed most vividly by single issue voters.
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Jay wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Jay wrote:

No, in many cases they are one and the same. The environmental lobby has become huge, especially within the democratic party. They want government subsidies and tariffs for green energy industries. They then want their competitors put at a disadvantage by riling up the environmentalists on stuff like the Keystone pipeline. There's big money involved.

Yes, at its core, I happen to like environmentalism. I don't like pollution and I don't want to see the whales disappear from the earth. The political goals of most environmentalists are completely at odds with reality though. Just like the public health advocates, they have their vision of the world and don't understand or care about the consequences of getting from point A to point B. I hate stupidity, and it's displayed most vividly by single issue voters.
Notice how a lot of environmentalism went from facts to pure emotional guilt tripping Al Gore does it best, HUR DUR I LOST PRESIDENCY AND MY SON WAS IN AN ACCIDENT SO THEREFORE GLOBAL WARMING
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
He's the biggest asshole of all. Scare the world and then make money on it.
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6477
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

as opposed to fuck up the world and make money off it? i think the guy is a tool but i'll take option one over option 2 any day
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

13rin wrote:

RIP Breitbart
Well, I was not expecting that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard