Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
i had a cigarette yesterday, if i averaged it out I probably have one or two a week
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

smoker
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6571

of all the things you have going against you (gay, suicidal, stupid, fat, hairy, ugly, mong) you add smelly to the list!!!
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

R I P mek
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6576|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
21 hours done without smoking! Not a lot, but its a little victory in itself!

Any tips for me to make nicotine withdrawal better?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
take up something repetitive (but non-addictive lmao) like gum or a new hobby or something to keep your mind off it
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black
sure worked for you teds
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
oh thats a point, i still smoke so maybe dont listen to me

(:
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

FatherTed wrote:

take up something repetitive (but non-addictive lmao) like gum or a new hobby or something to keep your mind off it
Non-addictive eh? I guess masturbation is out of the equation then!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Better start buying gum by the case.
gurdeep
­
+812|4754|proll­y
mmmm, cancersticks
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

Macbeth wrote:

Better start buying gum by the case.
That bad?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

gurdeep wrote:

mmmm, cancersticks
lol, i quit before most of the members were born. but goddamm if they didn't go with coffee in the morning (Breakfast of Champions!) or beer in the evening (Dinner of Champions!) and that time when you knew you couldn't smoke (after dinner at the girl friends parents house).
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5701|College Park, MD
avoid stress as well. that's what did me in last Friday when I gave in and had one smoke. and that was like two months after quitting!

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2012-02-29 18:44:07)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

avoid stress as well. that's what did me in last Friday when I gave in and had one smoke. and that was like two months after quitting!
Avoiding stress is somewhat hard, considering that the fact that i quit smoking do bring its own stress, and the work is anything but calm

And thanks to everybody that gave some usefull hint and tips to help out a new non-smoker
alexb
<3
+590|5939|Kentucky, USA

Roger Lesboules wrote:

21 hours done without smoking! Not a lot, but its a little victory in itself!

Any tips for me to make nicotine withdrawal better?
SUNFLOWER SEEDS
gurdeep
­
+812|4754|proll­y

God Save the Queen wrote:

quiting is for pussies.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6716|Riva, MD
I don't understand how people get addicted to cigarettes so easily.  I smoke Newports of all things(they have the most bad/addictive shit), and I do it strictly socially, I've had like half a pack just sitting in my drawer for months untouched waiting for the next party or whatever I go to
gurdeep
­
+812|4754|proll­y
la gente esta muy loca
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5701|College Park, MD

_j5689_ wrote:

I don't understand how people get addicted to cigarettes so easily.  I smoke Newports of all things(they have the most bad/addictive shit), and I do it strictly socially, I've had like half a pack just sitting in my drawer for months untouched waiting for the next party or whatever I go to
idk, some people just get the hit of nicotine much stronger than others I think. so you start doing it in conjunction with other things. before you know it, it's a habit.

smoking now and then while drunk on a weekend isn't gonna get you hooked. smoking every day will, since nicotine hijacks certain receptors in your brain.

also lol newports
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
gurdeep
­
+812|4754|proll­y

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

idk, some people just get the hit of nicotine much stronger than others I think. so you start doing it in conjunction with other things. before you know it, it's a habit.

smoking now and then while drunk on a weekend isn't gonna get you hooked. smoking every day will, since nicotine hijacks certain receptors in your brain.

also lol newports
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/429747_10150724208874453_9023924452_9399891_1139613102_n.jpg
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
Sooo, little update, just started day 5...and fuck, i dont know why but its somewhat easy now, i aint chewing load of gums or anything, i just...stopped that's it, and fuck do i feel good! ok, i must admit, once in a while a smoke would be an orgasm, but, im doing fine, no weight gain so far, no rage, no nothing!

Me gusta!
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5753|Roma
once you get over the first 24-48 hours it gets much much easier.

Last edited by aerodynamic (2012-03-04 03:51:34)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715
i noticed i didnt smoke for a whole week lol. mainly because im forever alone and my buddies were busy this weekend
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6774|Moscow, Russia

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Sooo, little update, just started day 5...and fuck, i dont know why but its somewhat easy now, i aint chewing load of gums or anything, i just...stopped that's it, and fuck do i feel good! ok, i must admit, once in a while a smoke would be an orgasm, but, im doing fine, no weight gain so far, no rage, no nothing!

Me gusta!
don't get too cocky there. physiological part of the dependency is the easiest to overcome, psychological - that's another thing entirely. most people are capable of dealing with the former, it's the latter that's most problematic and it will remain with you forever. prepare yourself.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard