Brasso
+1,549|6600

LittleBitchy wrote:

^so jealous
I wanna see both ADTR and Rise Against
hehe i'm not really familiar with most of ADTR's songs but they were pretty awesome too. i just wasn't into it as much because i dunno their stuff but yeah RA was incredible!
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
LittleBitchy
I hope Hell has wi-fi.
+150|5429|Yeah, there :)

Brasso wrote:

LittleBitchy wrote:

^so jealous
I wanna see both ADTR and Rise Against
hehe i'm not really familiar with most of ADTR's songs but they were pretty awesome too. i just wasn't into it as much because i dunno their stuff but yeah RA was incredible!
I'm more into ADTR. I know all their songs since the beginning.
In my car all the time
I could listen to them all the time
Fall seven times. Stand up eight.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto

bugz wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

bugz wrote:

Country music festival in August.

Haters gonna hate.
The only good thing about country music is the chicks who listen to it. Super. Hot.
I'm going with one

Edit: I'll be sure to bring my concert ear plugs to filter out the tumultuous, high-pitched screams during Taylor Swift
I would endure a country music festival to have a shot at a country music chick (they have that southern hospitality and mentality that's just so hard to find, total belle). Good on ya.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Brasso
+1,549|6600

bugz wrote:

Taylor Swift
<333333333
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww sheeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttt

https://www.futureentertainment.com.au/images/stories/Events/2012/AphexTwin/aphextwin-mar12-fi-nat-1.jpg
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Got tickets
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma
Who?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Who?
See that big poster that says APHEX TWIN

That's who.
i just got tickets for DJ Krush --- he's baaaaack
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/52172/aphex%20tix.png

Spoiler (highlight to read):
awsm awsm awsm awsm awsm
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Roxette - Gosh yeah.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Amdi Peter
peut-être
+111|5518|paris
saw rammstein yesterday. it was fucking https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/50438/awsm.gif
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Rammstein are wicked.

Going to Soundwave tomorrow. Forecast is heavy rain in the morning, rain periods in the afternoon decreasing to showers in the evening.

Got my poncho for me and a freezer bag for my iPhone
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD
god i fucking envy you jake, i wanna be in australia right now so bad. devin townsend, dillinger, mastodon, CKY, fuck me so many other good bands too. it's insane. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE NICE THINGS LIKE THAT IN AMERICA?

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2012-02-24 13:04:23)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Gates open in three hours, I won't be there till later as I'm gonna get my drink on first (currently 7:30am so a tad early right now )

http://www.soundwavefestival.com/lineup
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD
Soundwave is an all ages and licensed event.

We advise that Soundwave is not suitable for children under 12 and they will not be admitted.

lol
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
All ages = under 18's can attend.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Brief review of what I saw yesterday.

Alter Bridge: bit heavier than what I had heard before. Played a solid set but I didn't pay a lot of attention as we had just arrived and we were getting drink tickets, drinks etc.

A Day to Remember: never heard these guys before and I'm not into their style but they put on a great set. Wandered away to the metal stage part way through.

Meshuggah: heavy, dark and very tight. Caught about four songs, really good sound and great musicianship.

Bush: they're starting to get on a bit but they played well and did a good version of "Glycerine" with the band kicking in for the final chorus.

Bad Religion: didn't pay too much attention but a good set, though they're all looking pretty old these days.

Limp Bizkit: they actually played a really good set and though Fred Durst will always be a douche they had the crowd really into it.

Marilyn Manson: the band played well, Manson was clearly wasted though and talked about being on narcotics a few times between songs. He disappeared off stage a couple times and just could've been better. I had expected more and felt disappointed.

Slipknot: I only really knew "Wait and Bleed" but they were epic. Very tight, which is always impressive, especially for a nine piece band. Sound was awesome and they really put on a show.

System of a Down: other than Daron's sometimes messy guitar playing (including tuning by ear, and still having one string slightly out of tune, what the fuck??) they were simply awesome. Vocals were very impressive and they clearly just loved being on stage playing every song. They played a fantastic set spanning songs from all five albums and I walked away looking forward keenly to this Tuesday when I get to see them in Sydney

All in all a good day. The weather was shit for a lot of it and it rained quite a few times. Most eerily the heaviest rain started just as Slipknot started a song dedicated to their late bassist, Paul Gray, and stopped shortly after the song finished. I'm getting goosebumps as I'm typing this. Noticed a few douchebags with their shirts off. They should really be culled on entry, this isn't the fucking Big Day Out. And paying $10 for a mid strength bourbon can really bites, which is why I downed a half bottle of jagermeister before we went

Last edited by Jaekus (2012-02-26 05:44:05)

Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
System of a Down tomorrow night

Aphex Twin this Friday

Radiohead in November
aphex twin still goin aii ght, thatll be nutty
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
I fucked up thinking doors were at 9, we got there at 11 to find he only had 15 mins left. What we saw was awesome though, and at least I can say I was there
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA
Zeds Dead and Araab Muzik tonight

Should destroy my head.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
Blue October the other weekend. Acoustic set and it was beyond amazing.

Kill Hannah this Sunday For the 3rd time Can't wait

!

Jaekus wrote:

I fucked up thinking doors were at 9, we got there at 11 to find he only had 15 mins left. What we saw was awesome though, and at least I can say I was there
whhhhaaaaat so the set was prolly only 10-11:15
i hate that!! rawrrr done it before a few times i gotta say - flaming lips and most recently mayer hawthorne. missed the fllips completely. saw 2 songs of hawthornes.

You'd think with Aphex it would be an 11 - 1130 start

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2012-03-07 07:58:48)

Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Yeah I did think it was an 11 or 11:30 start. Turns out he finished at 11:15. Doors were at 7pm so I should've twigged. Was helping my girl move house and she was kinda stressed so even leaving hers at 9:30 was a rush.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard