Use Of Support Gun

As is28%28% - 32
Mountable on sand bags etc30%30% - 35
must go prone and ready the gun26%26% - 30
Not been able to shoot when standing14%14% - 17
Total: 114
Chorcai
+49|6688|Ireland
Well apart for intelli claymores one thing that bugs me is when a guy with a PKM/Saw/MG etc can stand and shoot and kill its just so wrong. Now Im not asking for the game to become CS or nothing but if you play Day of Defeat you will know what I mean. You fire the MG it goes all over the place. But when prone or mount the thing you can kill all around you well with reason. Does anyone else feel the same ?? This game is ment to be realist in some ways it is and in others its just so not.
Capt. Foley
+155|6628|Allentown, PA, USA
Yea I agree. Except the M249 is pretty accurate while standing in RL except THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE. I would prefer the accuracy while standing of pre-1.2 patch and the prone accuracy of now.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6749|England. Stoke
You defiantly should be able to mount on walls, sandbags etc, with this giving slightly less accuracy than when prone.
arnica
+18|6720|Sydney
Yer I'd like to see someone lug a 16 kg gun around jumping and proning within half a second and still be able to kill people whilst standing up ... RAMBO style!!!!!

They should also introduce a delay for the gun i.e when you adjustr from prone to standing and vice -versa ....

Last edited by arnica (2006-05-21 20:58:37)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6684

coke wrote:

You defiantly should be able to mount on walls, sandbags etc, with this giving slightly less accuracy than when prone.
that would make it more accurate
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6723|England and damn proud
Yea you should be able to mount it and only shoot it when crouching and while prone.
arnica
+18|6720|Sydney
Also .. shouldnt the ammo and medics have limited amounts of packs they can throw out .. like come on ... how many of these packs can they stuff into their backpacks ....
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6723|England and damn proud

arnica wrote:

Also .. shouldnt the ammo and medics have limited amounts of packs they can throw out .. like come on ... how many of these packs can they stuff into their backpacks ....
That's a good point but as some 1 noted it's not real life.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6684

arnica wrote:

with that logic, you gotta get rid of the whole AT class then
arnica
+18|6720|Sydney

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

arnica wrote:

Hahahahaa ... yer I know ....

Imagine the AT class with 4 rocket tubes lugged on his back ....
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6684
just imagine sprinting  trying to carry four guitar cases strapped around your back
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6792
SAW: firable from standing position. 5.56mm ammo = not much recoil.

RPK-74: = AK-74 with more ammo = 5.56mm ammo = not much recoil.

I imagine the chinese LMG is 5.56 as well.

The MG-36 = G36 with a drum of ammo strapped on.

the only weapon i have a problem with standing and shooting is the PKM (7.62mm) - and even then, the AK-47 fires similar ammunition.

As for the LMG accuracy when standing: B.S.  - you cant hit anything unzoomed further away then you could spit on.

I honestly have no problems with they way the are. Not entirely realistic, but they are properly balanced.
mofo65
+6|6671|Valrico, FL USA

arnica wrote:

Yer I'd like to see someone lug a 16 kg gun around jumping and proning within half a second and still be able to kill people whilst standing up ... RAMBO style!!!!!

They should also introduce a delay for the gun i.e when you adjustr from prone to standing and vice -versa ....
It's about time someone agrees with me on that. I can't stand that these support homos can jump through the air with a 50# support weapon and shoot you with aimbot accuracy before the even hit the ground.  I smell an x-bunnyhopping assraming unclefucker.  Sorry didn't mean to think outloud.
crownvic96
+5|6594
i would like them to be mounted on something to help increase the accuracy. it would be nice to have an extra lmg or two in a bunker or tower to help back up a fixed emplacement.

i've actually shot an rpk and let me tell you there's a big difference between its accuracy in the game and in real life. (HINT: REAL LIFE IT IS MORE ACCURATE) i'd imagine the same goes for all the other support weapons as well. then again real life uses this thing called "physics" and bf2 uses this thing called "random number generator to determine where the bullet might end up"

Last edited by crownvic96 (2006-05-23 08:56:14)

??
+32|6639
i think it needs to be more accurate when your prone bullets go spread 10ft apart when your shooting at a target from  10ft i think SAW show be as accurate as PKM so RPK-74 is fine and mg-36 is bad but i think they need to be more accurate and make snipers 1 shot 1 kill from torso up and maybe make rifles more accurate but hey its EA's game not mine i mean CSS is a good game but too many ppl hack and have macros but the guns are perfect
??
+32|6639
but bf2 tries not to go too deep into each class like tanks really have a gunner,commander,loader and driver and jets have man missles and stuff i think its good they didnt go in so deep it keeps the game fair and easy for newcommers to the franchise to pick up and play
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6684
m249 does not weigh 50 lbs, not even with ammo
l41e
+677|6688

blacksheepcannibal wrote:

SAW: firable from standing position. 5.56mm ammo = not much recoil.

RPK-74: = AK-74 with more ammo = 5.56mm ammo = not much recoil.

I imagine the chinese LMG is 5.56 as well.

The MG-36 = G36 with a drum of ammo strapped on.

the only weapon i have a problem with standing and shooting is the PKM (7.62mm) - and even then, the AK-47 fires similar ammunition.

As for the LMG accuracy when standing: B.S.  - you cant hit anything unzoomed further away then you could spit on.

I honestly have no problems with they way the are. Not entirely realistic, but they are properly balanced.
Comparing the PK with the AK-47? Are you on fucking crack?

First of all, the PKM is 16 kilos. 35 or so pounds for us Americans. And it fires 7.62x54 R ammo. AK-47 and AKM fire 7.62x39.
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6714|Canada Eh?
I voted for "must go prone and ready the gun" for realistic purposes.
ComradeWho
+50|6735|Southern California
you know i really loved day of defeat.. i really enjoyed their support weapon approach too
you could fire but basically unusable until then, and then it became a beast.. but it didn't overpower because you could easily kill with all other weapons so the support weapon really only owned in closed corridoors. it was a well thought out game with great weapons balance.
Chorcai
+49|6688|Ireland
ok who gave me a -K ?? "This game is based on unrealism, first this then m95s killing in one shot" All I was saying was in nearly every other the support class has to go prone or munt the gun to use it. I said nothing about M95 ??
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6849|Marathon, Florida Keys
yea but the machine guns in bf2 arnt like the ones in Day of defeat

In day of defeat:

American gun fires .30 caliber, which is a huge round with alot of kick behind it.

Mg42 fires 8mm rifle rounds, with even more kick than a .30

In bf2.
The m249 fires a 5.56, which is about the size of your pinkie, same with the mg36. It is a controllable round to fire.

The rpk, and pkm fire the 7,62 round, the rpk fires the 7.62x39 and the pkm fires a 7.62x54, both about the length of your ring finger. Another controllable round.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
j4g3r
+0|6581
Going prone and having to setup the gun would be decent.  I'm not really sure, mounting it on sand bags would be cool too.
PCShooterNoob
+22|6580|Florida

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

arnica wrote:

Yeah, but if we're still going with realism, then the SRAW should be able to shatter a tank like glass in the one shot it would have, instead of the 3-5 shots it currently takes, which is utterly ridiculous.  But like you said, arguing for realism in Battlefield is ridiculous, go play CS for that.  Still, there could be MUCH beter balancing, as the Support guns are NOT perfectly balanced.  The PKM and the MG36 especially have barely more recoil than that assault upgrades, but have a higher rate of fire, do more damage, and carry more ammo.  How can you possibly call it balanced when they're superior in almost every conceivable way to a class who's supposed to specialize in killing infantry?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard