-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
I miss circle-strafing in the choppers in BF2. Damn that game really was one of the best games ever. I'd sell my soul to be 13 again and play that game with my friends.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Last time I looked in the mirror I wasn't a ginger.

That being said, I'll move on and say I much prefer the BF2 flight mechanics over the BF3 one. I hate this noob-friendly approach developers are taking, but I guess they have to do what they can to attract everybody in this economy. They can't really afford to appease a hardcore fan base I guess.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5734|Belgium

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Last time I looked in the mirror I wasn't a ginger.

That being said, I'll move on and say I much prefer the BF2 flight mechanics over the BF3 one. I hate this noob-friendly approach developers are taking, but I guess they have to do what they can to attract everybody in this economy. They can't really afford to appease a hardcore fan base I guess.
True, I'm actually gonna install BF2 later this week just to fly the choppers again and do stratoruns with an F35B on wake..

I can still circle strafe fine in BF3 though.. Sure, it's slower, but it still works.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Yeah I circle-strafe too but it takes nowhere near as much skill as properly flying it in BF2 did.
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Helis are great. Been practicing and getting good at them all day. Finally had a great round as a gunner with a good pilot.

https://i41.tinypic.com/idh9xv.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

On scout helis, can you equip the laser painter and guided missile at the same time? Is it even useful (does the guided missile attack from directly above, do more damage)?
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6359
i think so
rocket pods would be the shit
you can really fuck up a tank with two strafes of guns though
pissed this dude off so bad he was sending me hate messages on psn, you a pussy etc
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
13/f/taiwan
+940|5669

mtb0minime wrote:

On scout helis, can you equip the laser painter and guided missile at the same time? Is it even useful (does the guided missile attack from directly above, do more damage)?
lol, that's the number one loadout for little bird pilots. it's ohk for choppers/jets and takes the tank down to 32%. absolute rape, until the other team starts the laser/javelin combo
13/f/taiwan
+940|5669

Roc18 wrote:

Helis are great. Been practicing and getting good at them all day. Finally had a great round as a gunner with a good pilot.

https://i.imgur.com/oPCRo.jpg

all the deaths were from me tapping a pole or some rpg fag hitting us causing the chopper to tilt to the side and crash. i got trash 50 more kills on caspian and then he got banned the next round.

Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Friend just got 38-2 with me in the Huey, I was flying and he was kicking ass.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

all the deaths were from me tapping a pole or some rpg fag hitting us causing the chopper to tilt to the side and crash. i got trash 50 more kills on caspian and then he got banned the next round.

g status
Tu Stultus Es
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5734|Belgium

Roc18 wrote:

What's your setup?

Lately I've been running auto laser painter (name?) while my gunner would then use the laser rocket. We're not sure yet if it's better than guided rockets/TV missile combo.

And I had to lol at the deaths, I rarely die from jets, but I usually die a few times every round from flying too low and crashing into a concrete tree or lightpole.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
I just flew on HC and went like 38-2. It's a nice change but a whole different ballgame. Nice that pilots rockets fuck up infantry but you're constantly taking small amounts of damage from apc/tanks/jets/helis/.50 on jeeps so you gotta keep flying off and repairing.

Last edited by jord (2012-01-28 08:53:17)

gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y

eleven bravo wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

g status
Flawless
Rage
+7|4625|North Carolina

gurdeep wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

g status
The funny thing is jihad is a horrible pilot lol.
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
played like 6 rounds of chopper tonight and didnt get killed by a javelin once #stories
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
>wasn't good enough for the enemy team to want to make an effort to take you down
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
yeah, guess i wasn't getting called a hacker or anything for repeatedly tving the shit out of them. how's that xbox treating you?
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
lol, just looked at ur profile from the sniper thread. you sure do talk a lot for someone with 200 kills in the chopper
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6351|the land of bourbon
^ seconded.  i called him out a month ago in this thread and he never replied.  O.o
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Because I just hover around and let my gunner get between 40 and 80 kills that's why. I only use my rockets against the occasional tank or enemy chopper. When we get locked on we wait for a missile launch, deploy flares and go kill the bastard. We only die from enemy jets.

Same with the Huey, I fly in steady circles around the enemy while my friend racks up ridiculous kills and you're saying I suck in the choppers? I just don't gun, I pilot.

Try to remember xbox is also only 12v12 so I get 20 less targets to shoot at.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2012-01-30 08:56:12)

jord
and you also have 20 less people shooting at you. not to mention console players are a lot more, erm casual so they aren't going to be doing shit like soflam/jav combo's as much at pc players.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
No that isn't true. We've had up to three IGLAs come flying at us on a regular basis, so apparently 1/4th of the team is pretty pissed. Also, we get soflam/jav'd a lot until I started using ECM.

So the point is, with only 12 people on the enemy team I'm not going to be getting very many kills. Gurdeep and steelie can kindly shut up now.
jord
then the rounds last longer because tickets aren't expending as fast as if there were 5 times more players. up to 3 igla's? that's not really difficult, i played a round with lucien on sharqi once where there were at least 10 people hunting us. even when we capped them out we were getting locked because they were that pissed they didn't bother trying to cap a flag, they'd just stand on a hill with a stinger.

i flew a round and we got capped out with like 50 tickets to go with a 100 ticket deficit so we couldn't win and i was the only person left on the team apart from 1 sniper and they still couldn't take me out, an entire team.
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Jebus wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

What's your setup?

Lately I've been running auto laser painter (name?) while my gunner would then use the laser rocket. We're not sure yet if it's better than guided rockets/TV missile combo.

And I had to lol at the deaths, I rarely die from jets, but I usually die a few times every round from flying too low and crashing into a concrete tree or lightpole.
pilot

paint
ecm
heat seekers

gunner
stealth
flares
guided missile

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard