Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5736

Jay wrote:

I say "I don't want to be late" girl says "Ok." Already 20 minutes late and she decides she doesn't like what she's wearing.
Keep us updated
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5736

eleven bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

a lot of those brains leaving just come here for school and our government subsidizes their education just so they could go back to their countries of origin to build nukes and shit.  i ran into so many dumb fucks from china on scholarships who just come here to party on the government tit
I take the stance that we should give them permanent residence visas after school.

I have read about Chinese university recruiting places that parents pay so that their kids get into good American schools. I take you agree with the OP in my model minority thread?

I mentioned asians inb4 cyborg and ilcano
i dislike amy chua.  i read one of her books.  i considered it amateurish, naive and far far too simple.  i dont have much respect for her as an academic.  she lives in a sheltered world where he family was wealthy.  she attempts to write from a personal point of view but lays down massive blanket statements about a segment of the population she has no real experience interacting with.
You picked it up at the library right?

Can you give some examples of blanket statements? I'm interested.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5736

https://img.timeinc.net/time/2011/time100/t100_chua.jpg
I'd hit it
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5852|College Park, MD
i think korean girls and mixed asian/white girls are the hottest of all orientals
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom

Macbeth wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I take the stance that we should give them permanent residence visas after school.

I have read about Chinese university recruiting places that parents pay so that their kids get into good American schools. I take you agree with the OP in my model minority thread?

I mentioned asians inb4 cyborg and ilcano
i dislike amy chua.  i read one of her books.  i considered it amateurish, naive and far far too simple.  i dont have much respect for her as an academic.  she lives in a sheltered world where he family was wealthy.  she attempts to write from a personal point of view but lays down massive blanket statements about a segment of the population she has no real experience interacting with.

It was an assignment so I had dig deep in the book. plus the professor hated me, probably for the shit i wrote.

blanket statement something like this

ethnic minorities who are hated in developing countries are also the economic base of such countries.  the hate stems from the economic control they have on a nation

I would argue that economic power may be one factor but in no it is the domibnat factor.  haves and have not have existes since civilization began.  black africans in south africa dont hate the white afrikanners because they have all the money, at least the the real reason.  they hate them because they are white people in africa.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom

Macbeth wrote:

I'd hit it
hard to believe the bitch is 50 years old
Tu Stultus Es
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6149|...

eleven bravo wrote:

i disagree. i think the arab spring is something the media has latched on as an extreme opposite of the first 8 years of last decade american foreign policy
They have latched on to it. Nevertheless the protests were pretty serious in various countries and recurred in countries facing similar problems, in which the protesters were citing the protests in Tunisia/Egypt/other countries as motivating their own.
inane little opines
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom
alright.  now tell me what has changed outside tunisia
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom
the military is still in charge in egypt.  freedoms are being curbed still.  women are being treated worse. 

syria is just getting worse

yemen is still in chaos

wheres the spring

more like an arab burp
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5508|London, England
Get a room.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6149|...
well I agree
inane little opines
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5852|College Park, MD
didn't realize this was DAST chats
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom
middle east shit is my shit
Tu Stultus Es
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6149|...

Macbeth wrote:

I'd hit it
no
inane little opines
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5736

eleven bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

It was an assignment so I had dig deep in the book. plus the professor hated me, probably for the shit i wrote.

ethnic minorities who are hated in developing countries are also the economic base of such countries.  the hate stems from the economic control they have on a nation

I would argue that economic power may be one factor but in no it is the domibnat factor.  haves and have not have existes since civilization began.  black africans in south africa dont hate the white afrikanners because they have all the money, at least the the real reason.  they hate them because they are white people in africa.
from this book? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_Emp … _They_Fall

while the failures of imperial Spain, Nazi Germany
I'm sure she is extremely intelligent and knows a boat load about history but I get a weird feeling she is grasping at straws with those two examples. Espcially with the decline of Hapsburg Spain.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6341|Roma
Doesn't make her good looking Mac

E: Her being tiny

Last edited by PrivateVendetta (2012-01-29 10:26:21)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom

Macbeth wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

from this book? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_Emp … _They_Fall

while the failures of imperial Spain, Nazi Germany
I'm sure she is extremely intelligent and knows a boat load about history but I get a weird feeling she is grasping at straws with those two examples. Espcially with the decline of Hapsburg Spain.
the book was World on Fire.  In the begining of the book she talks about how fucking rich her ethnic minority chinese family in the philllipines was and how her aunt was murdered by her servants.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom
so its obvious shes not coming from an objective point of view
Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5736

Wow that sounds interesting. Apparently all of her books have some kinda ethnic slant on them.
According to Chua, other examples of ethnic market-dominant minorities – referred to by other academics as middlemen minorities, include Chinese people in Southeast Asia; whites in Latin America
whites in Latin America

I probably shouldn't be judging her books based off of wikipedia but...
gurdeep
­
+812|4905|proll­y

Jay wrote:

Get a room.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5736

Jay is just mad that no one wants to talk about food with him.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom

Macbeth wrote:

Wow that sounds interesting. Apparently all of her books have some kinda ethnic slant on them.
According to Chua, other examples of ethnic market-dominant minorities – referred to by other academics as middlemen minorities, include Chinese people in Southeast Asia; whites in Latin America
whites in Latin America

according to her, white in latin america has nothing to do with actually being white and everything to do with having money.   in one of her anectdotal accounts she talks about discussing the racial divide in a south american country, i forget which, in which the person shes quoting considered herself white evn though she was dark complected.
Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5736

eleven bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

whites in Latin America

according to her, white in latin america has nothing to do with actually being white and everything to do with having money.   in one of her anectdotal accounts she talks about discussing the racial divide in a south american country, i forget which, in which the person shes quoting considered herself white evn though she was dark complected.
Did she describe all of South America as 80's Colombia?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom
as in drug wars and american influence? naw
Tu Stultus Es
gurdeep
­
+812|4905|proll­y
https://i.imgur.com/w0GYj.jpg

thoughts, shifty?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard