Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5736

eleven bravo wrote:

ok i got a case for you.  did this one myself.  discuss the terrible work conditions of nike in vietnam and how although, by our standards the workers there making near slave wages, by their standards nike workers there have higher wages than doctors and academics
Thank you. I shall name my first born Pedro in your memory.

Seriously though. I'll look into that. Thanks.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom
or
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom
yuo could talk about south koreas rise from shitty agricultural base economy to economic power house within 20 years because of the dictatorship that existed there
Tu Stultus Es
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6341|Roma
Bhopal chemical works?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom
then you could ask the question "are the curbing of political and social freedoms worth the rise of economic prosperity?"
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom
all because the united states need a strong south korea to counter the mythic domino effect
Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5736

Good ideas all around thank you.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom
im an official political scientist
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom
oh oh oh oh I know a good one.  the euro debt crisis and its effect on the future of the eu.
Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5736

You should print up some business cards.

Any plans on further schooling?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom
the winners are also losers in this case.  greece, italy, spain, ireland.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom

Macbeth wrote:

You should print up some business cards.

Any plans on further schooling?
yeah.  i still kinda wanna go to law school but i need to square my shit away first
Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5736

How does the subject of Brain drain sound? Winner: developed countries Losers; Developing countries. Maybe narrow it down to the U.S. and China/India/Africa?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom

eleven bravo wrote:

the winners are also losers in this case.  greece, italy, spain, ireland.
cus even with a bailing out the future of their governments are now determined by outside parties (banks, the imf, germany)
Tu Stultus Es
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6341|Roma
I'm not sure it's that simple anymore. A lot of people being tempted to developing countries by a few companies/sheiks with shit-loads of financial backing.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5852|College Park, MD
>tell dad you'll be there for lunch
>won't be there till 2:30 because the only fucking bus isn't coming till 1:30
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom

Macbeth wrote:

How does the subject of Brain drain sound? Winner: developed countries Losers; Developing countries. Maybe narrow it down to the U.S. and China/India/Africa?
a lot of those brains leaving just come here for school and our government subsidizes their education just so they could go back to their countries of origin to build nukes and shit.  i ran into so many dumb fucks from china on scholarships who just come here to party on the government tit
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom

PrivateVendetta wrote:

I'm not sure it's that simple anymore. A lot of people being tempted to developing countries by a few companies/sheiks with shit-loads of financial backing.
I dont dont think its statistically high enough though.
Tu Stultus Es
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6149|...
The arab spring is a pretty good example for the domino effect.
inane little opines
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5736

eleven bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

a lot of those brains leaving just come here for school and our government subsidizes their education just so they could go back to their countries of origin to build nukes and shit.  i ran into so many dumb fucks from china on scholarships who just come here to party on the government tit
I take the stance that we should give them permanent residence visas after school.

I have read about Chinese university recruiting places that parents pay so that their kids get into good American schools. I take you agree with the OP in my model minority thread?

I mentioned asians inb4 cyborg and ilcano
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom
i disagree. i think the arab spring is something the media has latched on as an extreme opposite of the first 8 years of last decade american foreign policy
Tu Stultus Es
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,738|6887|Oxferd Ohire
does ilcano even mod
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5852|College Park, MD
So this shit first says the next bus is in 17 minutes and now it says 20. Wtf?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5409|foggy bottom

Macbeth wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I take the stance that we should give them permanent residence visas after school.

I have read about Chinese university recruiting places that parents pay so that their kids get into good American schools. I take you agree with the OP in my model minority thread?

I mentioned asians inb4 cyborg and ilcano
i dislike amy chua.  i read one of her books.  i considered it amateurish, naive and far far too simple.  i dont have much respect for her as an academic.  she lives in a sheltered world where he family was wealthy.  she attempts to write from a personal point of view but lays down massive blanket statements about a segment of the population she has no real experience interacting with.
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5508|London, England
I say "I don't want to be late" girl says "Ok." Already 20 minutes late and she decides she doesn't like what she's wearing.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard