DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6806
i'm on a karkand server and at the beginning of the round, i get 2 simple hand grenade kills, when suddenly the match abruptly ends. the title says USMC Wins 215-196.  i was the only one with more then 1 kill, so i got a gold medal

this ever happen to anyone else?

Last edited by DeltaForceWarrior (2005-10-28 23:58:17)

Rosse_modest
+76|6818|Antwerp, Flanders
Yes, a number of times and it wasn't because of a time limit or a next map vote because the next round was exactly the same map again. Probably a server infected with H5N1.
jnick
+22|6824
Actually, this happens when the player count drops under 10 players on a 32 man server.
g0s3k1
+1|6797
Yeah I've had this happen - a 6 point Gold - take it and put it on the pile.. pity you can't trade em in on a nice swiss bank acct or some such.
seki
thinner44
+1|6851
Yep, 1 kill, 1 gold . I think a couple of people left the already sparsely populated game, so within 30 seconds or so, it was all over easiest gold I ever got..... probably never be repeated
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6816|Noizyland

Never had that happen to me, however not all my gold medals, (all seven of them,) were acts of brilliant soldiering. Playing on Mashtur city I took a Humvee down to one of the points, captured it, killed a guy, took the tank, took another point, killed another guy. Last point got taken, killed another guy, waited around for a bit and then someone killed the last guy. This was a full 32 player server. Quickest game ever and easiest gold, (for me. You guys seem to have had easier ones.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6880|Munich, Germany
nice one

dunno if it ever happend to me but i guess not, at least i got as much gold meadals as bronze ones since yesterday
cohen1976
+14|6809
yep round starts, dalian plant i step in jet fly to carrier, crash in us plane i get kill for it round ends

rofl gold medal TY
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6800|Brixham, UK
I have 2 golds. I'm rubbish at getting high scores...
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6824|The Hague, Holland
Great, I had to get 101 points and you had to get 2 kills. My friend, I have been screwed over =p
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6816|Nova Scotia, Canada

I got one with no kills, no teampoints....admin switched maps as soon as the new one loaded,  I guess the people who got the 3 medals get picked randomly, and I got gold!
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6875
I've had a few 0 point golds. haha. I think iff it ends before anyone gets points, it gives 1st 2nd and third to the ones first spawned. don't quote me on that.
Foo-Fighter(UK)
Boom...Headshot!
+0|6885|Sunderland, UK

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

I've had a few 0 point golds. haha. I think iff it ends before anyone gets points, it gives 1st 2nd and third to the ones first spawned. don't quote me on that.
I just have
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6875

Foo-Fighter(UK) wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

I just have
Funny guy.
tonynoc
+0|6804
my one gold medal...i have to say thanks to the guys on my side. they actually watched the radar and played as a team. I didnt even have to tell these guys where to go, or what to do. They would actually wait till i bombard a CP and then move in. 32/32 game...All i did was sit back, do what a good commader should do and BAM...one gold medal. This was very easy. Prob. be my only gold medal..lol.
Kloczko979
+1|6797
ur new to the game tahts y u only haev one gold medal just wait a bit and play the game don't worry about ur points and all of a sudden you will see yourself in frist
DMFDxUconn
+8|6809|Kannapolis,North Carolina
I thought i was doing good with 19 Golds. Than i saw someone with 150 of em lmao.

I think once a good game like BF2 comes out, the powers that be should extend the day to 36 hours so i can still have time to work full time (8 hrs), spend enough time with my 4 kids (never enough time) and still have 4 hours for sleep and another 8 for BF2.

Last edited by DMFDxUconn (2005-10-29 15:41:15)

slidero
^^^BushViper has around 1000 IIRC

edit: actually about 1150

Last edited by slidero (2005-10-29 15:45:31)

DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6806

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Great, I had to get 101 points and you had to get 2 kills. My friend, I have been screwed over =p
yeah, but i had to work for my other 4 golds, one being for 134 on karkand as a medic, another for 115 on karkand as a spec ops (50 kills with an M4 that round), and i can't remember the others

you only get lucky once, i guess
g0s3k1
+1|6797
so anyone played in a 0-0 win ?? I had a 0-0 loss.
Pity I was Chinese commander .. talk about game bias .. nah we were coming from behind in songhua .. damn close thing!
J=MAN
+25|6700|OZ
I thought it was pretty cheap when I got gold for 9 points one round, then 5 points, then a measly 2!

And then I got one for zero points. I think it was because I almost had the first flag up when someone left - maybe they give it to the player who's closest to scoring. Who knows...

Oh, and if you're after more medals for your collection, just play 16-player maps: fewer people to compete with and more noobs to pwn.
Metamort
+19|6726
I like getting gold medals... 183 and counting.

I can come into a round halfway over and get gold... that just amazes me O_o Or I'll start off badly, have like 25 points when the top player has 50-60, then pull up into the top in the last 50-100 tickets. I like to think that I'm a pretty skilled player for the amount of time I've played (around 420 hrs)

I almost have 3 times the golds than I have bronzes... 68 bronze, 183 gold... just 21 more to go

As for easy ones, I've got a few where the round ends reallly early and I've got a few points. 12 point gold medal woo! Think I've gotten 6 point ones too or so.
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6865|St. Louis, MO
Just recently I got a gold for doing nothing,0 points.The round ended because too many players left.However, when the next round started the round reset again giving me a gold for not even playing for a second.

Yea,cheap I know but it's not like I can give it back.

Last edited by YoBabysDaddy (2006-05-10 22:01:17)

[2ndSS]Splinter
+1|6607|Florida
yeah ive gotten a gold with out there being any points scored...i dont know how it determins who got first...but i got gold with 0
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6812|AUS, Canberra
i was playign sharqi once and polarbearz and me jumped in chopper at start of round and headed for the mec chopper pad, as soon as we got close enough i tv missiled the chopper and as soon as i had round ended after no more than about 30 seconds of play. i got gold with 2, bear got silver with 1 for kill assist and the other guy in our squad go tthe bronze with 0.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard