Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
Day 1 is underway. Federer is currently winning his first round.

tbh I don't know many players but I intend on paying more attention this year. Hopefull Sam Stosur can bring home something shiny.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Bernard Tomic did really well against Fernando Verdasco, showed some real character in battling that one out. Hopefully he didn't exhaust himself for the next round.

I hope Sam Stosur returns to form, the weight of expectation she's put on herself after winning the US Open is just tripping her up. Once she gets her head in the game more she'll be fine, it'll just be a matter of telling her own brain to shut up and let her play.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
She does have that problem, doesn't she?

Saw a snippet of the post match press conference with Nadal. After trouncing his opponent in straight sets and making it look easy he told everyone the day before he was sitting in his hotel just watching tv and his knee felt funny, so he bent it once... then tried to bend it again and it had completely seized up, would not move an inch. He said he went to hospital, had an MRI, they did some tests... could not work it out. His leg bent again but he was pretty worried it would happen again and would have to bail on the Aus Open. He said after the first 10 games of the match he won he decided it must be ok, played and won the 2nd and 3rd sets 6-1 each. Weird.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Sam Stosur choked. Man, she's having a bad run of things.
[Blinking eyes thing]
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
To say she choked would be harsh of Cirstea, she was just outplayed out there.

GJ Hewitt though.
I know fucking karate
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Didn't pay much attention today but did see when Hewitt was into the second set. Noice.
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
round*
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
This is a bit amusing - Baghdatis smashes racquets at Open
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

justice wrote:

To say she choked would be harsh of Cirstea, she was just outplayed out there.

GJ Hewitt though.
See I'd usually just say that and Cirstea played well, (and she certainly played well enough to win,) but let's not forget that Stosur is ranked fifth, and the highest Cirstea has ever ranked is in the low 20s.  Stosur is on a career high after recently winning the US Open but since then she has crashed and burned in every home competition she's been in. Being as objective as I can I'd still say Cirstea was lucky to catch Stosur at a bad time.

Saw Bartoli outclass Dokic. Dokic did well but Bartoli was just so composed the whole time - a well deserved win.

The Hewitt vs. Roddick match should shape out to be a good one, Roddick took the first but Hewitt looks like he'll take the second. I watched just the start, (it's getting late here,) but it looked too close to call when they were playing. I kind of hope Hewitt wins, it'd be nice after people were saying his career was over after that injury. Both are old war horses though.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Well Hewitt's bouncing back. Too close to call. Just checked the score.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Roddick retired from the match

Lleyton Hewitt has advanced to the third round of Australian Open 2012 following the retirement of Andy Roddick.

With the scoreline poised at 3-6 6-3 6-4 in the Australian's favour, Roddick pulled out of the match. The American called the trainer at 3-0 in the second set, after falling over.

Hewitt next faces Milos Raonic of Canada, the 23rd seed. "I'm just happy to be out here,"  Hewitt said.

Full report to follow.
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 77606.html
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y

Jaekus wrote:

This is a bit amusing - Baghdatis smashes racquets at Open
lol
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Tomic plays Federer and Hewitt plays Djokovic in the next round
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Hewitt's toast but it will be interesting to see how Tomic steps up. I can't see him beating Federer - not yet anyway - but I'll be keen to see just how he ups his game.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
It should be a good game to watch.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Hewitt is getting his arse handed to him right now.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
He's actually playing really well. Djokovic just has him outclassed.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Good on Lleyton. After his injury woes in 2011 to come back to make it this far is one thing but to pose the first actual challenge Djokovic has had to face so far in the competition is great for him. I think anyone, even a former world number one like Hewitt, would be pretty stoked to take a set from Djokovic. I just remember hearing all the talk that he was finished in 2011 when he fell off the rankings, it's good to see he's still got some fight left in him.

Tomic did well too, experience and developing his style more should see him become one of the top contenders in coming years. Hard to believe he's only 19.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Thoroughly epic between Nadal and Federer. I really wanted Federer to win but Nadal is a freak of nature, he is just everywhere on the court at once. Federer is the great strategist but when you're up against a guy who seems to be able to get to anywhere on the court you're at a disadvantage, especially if you've got five years on your opponent. Well won by Nadal. Too many unforced errors by Federer but both played really well.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
I know eventually Murray will win a grand slam so I'm gonna enjoy the time where currently he won't and so the media are all 'miserable', I enjoy it when the media are miserable.
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
but hes never gonna win one...
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
I think he will, eventually. He's gonna require a generic Nadal injury and other such to happen, but eventually he will. I'm enjoying him losing all these semi-finals and finals now, but you can't always lose them, even I know that. It's not that I think he's shit, it's just that I dislike him.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6643|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Fairs do's for a sport in which I have no respect for and think is shit, that was a brilliant match, almost 5 hours (I only watched the last thingy of it), great fucking game.  What a pair of athletes.  They got some great girlfriends too, perhaps thats where I have been going wrong?

Superb effort by them both
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Azarenka thoroughly outclassed Sharapova who didn't even look like she wanted to be there. After some early nerves from Azarenka it was a one-player competition, it's kind of a shame it wasn't much of a spectacle.

Nadal and Djokovic tonight. That should be pretty impressive. The way both have been playing at the moment I'd believe that Nadal could take this one. They're both inhumanly good, Djokovic probably more so, but in the Murray match and even against Lleyton Hewitt Djokovic showed some weakness and Nadal just looked so focussed in the latest match against Federer. I'll go for Djokovic since he's deservedly the best in the world but if Nadal wants it enough there's nothing stopping him.
[Blinking eyes thing]

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard