^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6791|Long Beach, CA
I don't like the unlimited ammo or out of combat self repairing.  I think needing to know where Helipads were on the battlefield was a strategy or aspect that divided good from great pilots.
Ptfo
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5465|Ventura, California
I agree
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
GeoEnvi
+22|6679|Philadelphia, PA
It's also kinda cheap that there's unlimited ammo and out of combat repair for jets, especially on Wake.  Flying over the airfield cut back on the unlimited rape. 

Remember that lone J10 that wasted his missles and bombs, and was left to resort to cannons when the airfield was capped? Often times that j10 would be the last guy standing when USMC capped out the island.  He'd have to bail and cap a flag before the entire USMC team converged on him at the beach!  That's a battlefield moment that you don't get anymore.

I remember asking the commander to drop a supply crate in a remote location to facilitiate remote resupply or repair for jets or helis.  Another strategy taken away.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6557|Area 51
Haha I loved it when I played as the PLA on Wake and we fucked up royally and got outcapped and there was this one dude flying around for 10 minutes and everybody on the team was shouting at him to get out, cap a flag and what not.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6705|Purplicious Wisconsin
Take this to the Let's talk jets thread?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4960|Dundee, Scotland.

War Man wrote:

Take this to the Let's talk jets thread?
On you go then, minimod
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
gurdeep
­
+812|4747|proll­y
is jord the only good chopper pilot in this game? if he isn't, feel free to fly me and prove me wrong
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
i think that "thepilot" is good, judging by his posts and username here.

lucien is also good.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England

GeoEnvi wrote:

It's also kinda cheap that there's unlimited ammo and out of combat repair for jets, especially on Wake.  Flying over the airfield cut back on the unlimited rape. 

Remember that lone J10 that wasted his missles and bombs, and was left to resort to cannons when the airfield was capped? Often times that j10 would be the last guy standing when USMC capped out the island.  He'd have to bail and cap a flag before the entire USMC team converged on him at the beach!  That's a battlefield moment that you don't get anymore.

I remember asking the commander to drop a supply crate in a remote location to facilitiate remote resupply or repair for jets or helis.  Another strategy taken away.
Yeah, it's a shame they got rid of that mechanic. I'd rather have powerful Jet weapons (rocket pods and guided missiles that are much more powerful) but you need to fly over the airfield to reload, than the currently weak Jet weapons but reload automatically.

Anyway...helicopters, no I can't fly them for shit. Very rarely have I been with a pilot who can stay alive longer than a minute. This game hates helicopters.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4960|Dundee, Scotland.

gurdeep wrote:

is jord the only good chopper pilot in this game? if he isn't, feel free to fly me and prove me wrong
Fin is decent.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

GeoEnvi wrote:

Dang those were the days! I really wish BF3 was just a Frostbite 2.0 version of BF2.

I also enjoyed capping airfield, grabbing the F/A 18 and even though the airfield would get capped back I'd be in my F18 till the end
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6706|US
I'm not terrible, but I need a good gunner on voice to really do well.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I'm amazing with the helicopters! My friend and I never get shot down, we get rammed down

ECM + flares combo = win

I know I'm bragging without proof but we really are freaking unstoppable

e* I'm a terrible terrible gunner. However I pilot like a bauce

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2012-01-17 19:45:49)

gurdeep
­
+812|4747|proll­y
cotton_swabs
10:47PM
okay
okay
hey dude
did you know that the tv missle
doesnt need to be clicked on
to move
13/f/taiwan
+940|5690
more stories pls.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
So now that I have some time on my hands I want to tell you guys our strategy.

I use laser painted, ECM jammer, and AA missiles, he uses stealth, IR flares, and guided missile. What we do is never fly directly over an objective and then have our tail facing enemies. The reason for this is that if we get locked onto, I use my ECM and we immediately scan the area for a red-laser or a tank. If we see one we immediately engage it to avoid being taken down by a Javelin or guided shell. If we don't see one then we continue about our business and when the MANPAD is finally locked on and fired my friend deploys flares and we follow the smoke trail for a free kill. Keep in mind the 360 only gives us 12 opponents.

Our flight path is probably the main thing that keeps us alive so well. As an example, on Caspian border we fly on the outskirts of the map and don't go past any unfriendly control points. I'll circle-strafe almost directly above enemy flags but that's about it.

We've never really found a surefire way of dealing with jets so we ignore them and usually our jets keep them busy. When they don't we have a tendency to get rammed. As for enemy helicopters, I'm always above them so they're easy pickings for my laser-painted and his guided missile. Sometimes we get caught off-guard though when I drop altitude and go in close to those construction buildings on Kharg Island for my gunner to get a kill.
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6791|Long Beach, CA

gurdeep wrote:

I used to consider myself good in BF2 but BF3 has me not even caring to get good at the chopper.
Ptfo
GeoEnvi
+22|6679|Philadelphia, PA
Shifty: Interesting use of the nose painter with the attack chopper for A-to-A engagements using the Guided Missle. Is the AGM OHK on enemy choppers? Do flares or ECM break the AGM lock?

On most maps, I think Guided Rockets make a great choice for a pilot with flares and AAM.  You can engaged armor from well over 750m with a clear shot. Mobile AA don't stand a chance to get you from that far out.  Ditto for CITV tank whores.  And they totally rape buggies, especially if the dude is riding Jihad-style!

Anyone know the best way to avoid SAMs and AAMs in an attack helo? I discovered that it's possible to avoid an AAM hit if I can drop 50m or so straight down in a hurry.  The AAMs fly right overhead and go toward my main rotor.  Sometimes they miss.  Damn MPADS hit you regardless.  Even after diving behind obstructions.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6373|the land of bourbon
if you solo a lot, use the guided rockets and tv combo.  one volley of rockets will disable a vehicle and the tv will finish it off.  ecm and flares save your bacon.  its still impossible to stand up to jets if your team has no good pilots and they other team is really determined to take you down.  you might kill them a couple times, but then you end up concentrating only on the jets and miss out on the ground pounding.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
steelie34
pub hero!

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I'm amazing with the helicopters! My friend and I never get shot down, we get rammed down

ECM + flares combo = win

I know I'm bragging without proof but we really are freaking unstoppable

e* I'm a terrible terrible gunner. However I pilot like a bauce
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 2#p3721762

so funny how a few weeks ago you were hating on the ecm.  and now your strategy is pretty much what i laid out when i was explaining my tactics.  i really want to 1v1 you right now.

Last edited by steelie34 (2012-01-18 06:24:04)

gurdeep
­
+812|4747|proll­y
do you guys get the glitch where when u tv a ground target youre like stuck underground? shit happened to me like 5 times yesterday
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
you also tried to tv a jet that was at the height ceiling and went underground

lols
gurdeep
­
+812|4747|proll­y
thepilot91
+64|6228|Åland!
I hate guided missiles, it's slow as fuck not as powerful as the tv , short range and misses air targets 50% of the time...

tv missiles have it's flaws but you can "solo" with it <3

and it let's you pick up an enemy gunner/pilot
steelie34
pub hero!
the only glitch i've had is hitting targets and nothing happens.  no hit register or damage.  fail

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard