Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6594|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
For example, I believe to get the Meritorious Unit Ribbon you need 24 minutes in a squad which is hard for me to get because most of the time I play the rounds only last 10-20 minutes.  Although the 40 team points are easy to get.  Another example is the Armor Ribbon which I think requires 20 minutes and 19 kills.  I can get the 19 kills easily, but I do not want to hog an armor all round just to get a medal, which I probably wont even get because the round wont last long enough.  Pisses me off!  >: |
CackNBallz
+45|6754|Toronto, Canada
I know it is frustrating sometimes to try to earn these awards, but they do it to instill a sense of accomplishment when you do earn them. Doesn't it feel good to finally get the expert pistol or knife badge legitimately? To me it does, and through difficulty and hardship you adapt and become better.

A lot of the time constraints are rumoured to be removed soon. Such as the War College Ribbon no longer needing the win to loss ratio and commander points in a round requirement.

But they added 200 Wins, added 25000 Global commander score and increased time from 50h to 100h.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6630|Manitowoc, WI
i dont think they are removing any time limits but i know that they are reducing the amount of time you need to use something over all (say 50h instead of 100h).  and also they are reducing the number of IAR kills for some badges along with the WCR reducement you jsut stated
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6748|Salt Lake City

I know what you mean.  To this day I haven't gotten my basic helo badge, because it seems nearly impossible to get 15 minutes of helo time in one round.  Then again, I only fly in transport choppers.  I won't fight the fucktards for combat choppers.
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6639|The Netherlands
they do it so you play on other server, some servers pay for it
no joking
it is so your a REAL user and good receiver of the ribbon
dankassasin42o
+68|6690|Reefersyde, CA
Play Large maps with 32 max players
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6589|Florida
The only issue i have with the time limit, is that for my vet armor/aviator i have to use both of them for a certain amount of Global time.....which is hard to do, because most of the time i cant get a jet because of the other 9 guys waiting on the runway for it, and the tanks arent hard to get to (depending on the map), but im with you, i just dont like being in a tank the whole round.

Other than that....getting vet/exp aviator....i dont expect to get it, but if i do, great, if not....i prefer to fight with my rifle over bombs anyway
tgust5
+22|6638
ive gotten both of those awards no problem.....you just pick crappy servers.
yayo
+2|6588
Don't play for rewards.
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6855|Sacramento, Cal
yes, play for high points.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6800|Singapore

Replace high points, 16/64p, largemaplittleplayers with:

BORING