Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6659|USA

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

ah but for that manifest destiny comment to be true someone would have to have already have clamied that territory. Did the indians claim it? no, they shared their land with other indians, and moved were the animals moved. so basically they were nomads i.e. not settlining in one place. therefore having no claim to any land
Wow.....just wow.
yerded
Bertinator
+255|6634|Westminster, California

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

ah but for that manifest destiny comment to be true someone would have to have already have clamied that territory. Did the indians claim it? no, they shared their land with other indians, and moved were the animals moved. so basically they were nomads i.e. not settlining in one place. therefore having no claim to any land
Wow.....just wow.
Exactly.
These guys are deep thinkers.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6629|Finland

whittsend wrote:

The majority of the population didn't decide to help the VC or NVA any more than they decided to help us.  On some occasions they were impressed into service with the VC, but that isn't really the same as volunteering is it?  Most Vietnamese probably wished to be left alone.  Unfortunately it wasn't to be so.  In 1975, after the North invaded the South, tens of thousands were killed because of who they were, who they knew, and in many cases, because of what they owned (land).  Hundreds of thousands more were re-educated, or fled the country (Boat People).  That isn't really the kind of reaction you would expect from a welcomed liberator for the people who had been supporting them, is it?  Perhaps the people weren't 'helping the rebel guerillas' as you suggest.

Can we stop making up history now?
But.. Didn't the whole enchillada begin with rebel forces trying to break away from a frech coloialism? So the "welcome liberator", in this case the US, really tried to hold status quo, which was a non-free Vietnam to begin with?
I need around tree fiddy.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6648|USA

Ziggy_79x wrote:

Yes, master of knowledge, I had no clue who Uday and Qusay were and I appreaciate your explination. Your opinion of your own knowledge and the "Horseman77" round and round game that you play trying to sound smart dosen't mean shit to me. So when are we going invade Africa and give every country with an abusive and murderous dictator "freedom". Because thats why we are in Iraq right? Right? Yep.....

Oh, By the way, Uday and Qusay would be the equivalent of serial killers here in the states. But you don't and won't give a shit until they prey on someone you know or love. Neither did the Iraqis. Shall we go on?
Yup, lets go on,

As far as Africa goes, there are those amoungst you that feel it is our duty to go to Africa and do just what you suggest. Go and cure Africa of allll its woe's

We didn't go to Iraq to free anyone, we went to Iraq because Iraq had been breaking the UN sanctioned resolutions for almost a decade, that brought an end to the first gulf war. We didn't start the war in Iraq, it is a continuation of the first war.

Uday and Qusay were not serial killers. Serial killers hide amoungst the masses, and take on a different persona from the one that makes them killers.......Uday and Qusay did not hide from anyone they were in control and abused their power out in the open without any fear of reprisal. These 2 were responsible for hundreds if not thousands of rapes, tortures and murders in Iraq all done "legally" with the blessing of their murderous father. For you to call these 2 guys make serial killers look like choir boys.

And your tantrums are great entertainment, so please continue while I go pop some pop corn for the next showing.
Ziggy_79x
+4|6682

lowing wrote:

I am all for America pulling out of Iraq, beefing up our borders and let you handle your problems on your side of the world
My thoughts exactly. Are you one of the awakened? Why are you even arguing with me about Iraq if that is how you feel. Got anything better to do than contradict yourself? And If I had the patients and more time I could find several other instances of this on your part. Me thinks you like to argue for the sake of.....whatever.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6648|USA

Ziggy_79x wrote:

lowing wrote:

I am all for America pulling out of Iraq, beefing up our borders and let you handle your problems on your side of the world
My thoughts exactly. Are you one of the awakened? Why are you even arguing with me about Iraq if that is how you feel. Got anything better to do than contradict yourself? And If I had the patients and more time I could find several other instances of this on your part. Me thinks you like to argue for the sake of.....whatever.
Nope, on the contrary,  I fell the US should be in the middle east for our own national security, I am simply being smug and want the EU to get EVERYTHING they are wishing for so we can sit back and watch them chase a tiger by its tail and criticise.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6558

whittsend wrote:

The majority of the population didn't decide to help the VC or NVA any more than they decided to help us.
Wrong.  Overall support was for Nationalist elements of the VC (who, I might add, object to the term Vietcong).  The NVA said that they'd help them win freedom, and promised not to invade after.  They half kept their promise.

whittsend wrote:

In 1975, after the North invaded the South, tens of thousands were killed
Many of whom had helped win the war against the Americans.

whittsend wrote:

because of who they were, who they knew, and in many cases, because of what they owned (land).  Hundreds of thousands more were re-educated, or fled the country (Boat People).  That isn't really the kind of reaction you would expect from a welcomed liberator for the people who had been supporting them, is it?
Nor is sheltering guerilla forces and setting up traps for American troops.

whittsend wrote:

Perhaps the people weren't 'helping the rebel guerillas' as you suggest.
Not the NVA they weren't.

whittsend wrote:

This coming from you?  Laughable.
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6755|MA, USA

DonFck wrote:

But.. Didn't the whole enchillada begin with rebel forces trying to break away from a frech coloialism? So the "welcome liberator", in this case the US, really tried to hold status quo, which was a non-free Vietnam to begin with?
No, the status quo was not the same during the struggle between the French and the NLF as it was between the US and NVA/VC.  By treaty between the French and the NLF, the North and South were supposed to be unified by an election.  Only neither the US nor the South were party to the treaty, and they rejected it.

Bubbalo wrote:

whittsend wrote:

The majority of the population didn't decide to help the VC or NVA any more than they decided to help us.
Wrong.  Overall support was for Nationalist elements of the VC (who, I might add, object to the term Vietcong).  The NVA said that they'd help them win freedom, and promised not to invade after.  They half kept their promise.
Not true.  The average Vietnamese peasant simply wanted to go about thier business.  Many, if not most, who fought for the VC were pressed into service under threat of force to themselves or their families.

Bubbalo wrote:

whittsend wrote:

In 1975, after the North invaded the South, tens of thousands were killed
Many of whom had helped win the war against the Americans.
And more who did not.  What's your point?

Bubbalo wrote:

whittsend wrote:

because of who they were, who they knew, and in many cases, because of what they owned (land).  Hundreds of thousands more were re-educated, or fled the country (Boat People).  That isn't really the kind of reaction you would expect from a welcomed liberator for the people who had been supporting them, is it?
Nor is sheltering guerilla forces and setting up traps for American troops.
Are you trying to say they did this freely?  Some did, most didn't.  Of those who did, most were active VC.  As I said before, the average Vietnamese peasant was not VC, nor did they willingly support the VC.

Bubbalo wrote:

whittsend wrote:

Perhaps the people weren't 'helping the rebel guerillas' as you suggest.
Not the NVA they weren't.
Nor the VC.  The VC ran a shadow government and collected taxes and 'drafted' members.  As much as you want to believe otherwise, they wre not popular.  By the time the second Tet offiensive was done, the VC were finished as a fighting force (having been spent in Tet gambles by their North Vietnamese handlers).  After that, military actions were primarily NVA, who obviously couldn't act the same way as the VC.  In either case,  Nguyen in the rice paddy was hardly pleased to see them.

Bubbalo wrote:

whittsend wrote:

This coming from you?  Laughable.
My history isn't influenced by my politics.  I don't know where you get yours, but it is leftist fantasy; as is just about everything you post.  Your opinions are so predictable, you are in danger of becoming boring.

Last edited by whittsend (2006-05-24 07:41:58)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom

Major_Spittle wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Grahms Central in waco the only i been to

Oz, Fusion and the Austin scene where i spent my time
I was at Fort Hood when the Branch Dividian Complexed was assaulted live on the local news.  I remember watching the ATF trying to perform their MOUNT style attack and everyone saying the guys on the second story would never make it just before they got blown away. 

MOUNT assault on a building without hand gernades to clear rooms.....hmmm, bad Idea when someone is armed and waiting for a fight.

They actually had some people get Bradys to start roading to Waco that same day, I remember saying that it seemed unconstitional to be using the military without declaring war on them or Martial law or something.  Weird times.  Feel sorry for the children, feel sorry for the agents.
what the fuck is MOUNT you idiot
Tu Stultus Es
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
i remember bubbalo
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5996|Vortex Ring State

eleven bravo wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I was at Fort Hood when the Branch Dividian Complexed was assaulted live on the local news.  I remember watching the ATF trying to perform their MOUNT style attack and everyone saying the guys on the second story would never make it just before they got blown away. 

MOUNT assault on a building without hand gernades to clear rooms.....hmmm, bad Idea when someone is armed and waiting for a fight.

They actually had some people get Bradys to start roading to Waco that same day, I remember saying that it seemed unconstitional to be using the military without declaring war on them or Martial law or something.  Weird times.  Feel sorry for the children, feel sorry for the agents.
I'm pretty sure he means MOUT
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6180|Ireland

eleven bravo wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Thanks, I was wondering.  This site is like crack.
NAthANSmitt
Stud
+4|6126

goblinstomper wrote:

Nazis + Jews = Genocide
Saddam + Kurds = Genocide
but wait a minute...
Americans + Native Americans =....?
     FUCK ALL... You killed them by their thousands, took their land, raped their women, extinguished their existence. But thats OK. They were savages right? They posed a threat to your home security huh? What about their homes?
They were bumping each other off their land before the colonists came. The colonists where just better at it.

Ziggy_79x wrote:

lowing wrote:

Christ lowing I thought you had more intestinal fortitude than this. Call me stupid and stubborn for this but Ill be damned before I let fellow soldiers sailors and marines die for no reason.

Last edited by NAthANSmitt (2010-10-06 05:42:18)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England

NAthANSmitt wrote:

goblinstomper wrote:

Nazis + Jews = Genocide
but wait a minute...
     FUCK ALL... You killed them by their thousands, took their land, raped their women, extinguished their existence. But thats OK. They were savages right? They posed a threat to your home security huh? What about their homes?
They were bumping each other off their land before the colonists came. The colonists where just better at it.

Ziggy_79x wrote:

lowing wrote:

Christ lowing I thought you had more intestinal fortitude than this. Call me stupid and stubborn for this but Ill be damned before I let fellow soldiers sailors and marines die for no reason.
Way to reply to a thread that died over four years ago.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6402|North Carolina
Some serious necromancy going on here.  I'm expecting a lich or two.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6494

lowing hasn't logged in for a month, maybe NAthANSmitt thought he could get in a safe hack at him.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom

NAthANSmitt wrote:

goblinstomper wrote:

Nazis + Jews = Genocide
but wait a minute...

Ziggy_79x wrote:

lowing wrote:

airmen get no love?
Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

NAthANSmitt wrote:

goblinstomper wrote:

Nazis + Jews = Genocide
but wait a minute...
I don't really care about any 'historical injustice' or something like that. They way I see things is: you would if you could. Any oppressed group either were once oppressors or would oppress if they could be.

Aside from that all of the death and suffering in history has lead to this point. The way of life I enjoy is built upon all of that historical suffering. Why should I grieve?
EVieira
+105|6475|Lutenblaag, Molvania
So your trying to compare the colozination of the americas (and here, americas is north and south, not just the US) to gassing kurds and jews? There`s no comparison...
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

EVieira wrote:

So your trying to compare the colozination of the americas (and here, americas is north and south, not just the US) to gassing kurds and jews? There`s no comparison...
They are all on different levels of importance historically and to me, sure.

Colonization happened way before I was born and had a positive impact on my life.
Holocaust happened way before I was born and had a debatable on my life.
Gassing of the kurds happened way before I was born and had a effect minimal on my life.

I try to measure everything in relation to myself so there aren't many things that get a high score on my care scale.

Last edited by Macbeth (2010-10-06 08:16:20)

Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6180|Ireland

Macbeth wrote:

EVieira wrote:

They are all on different levels of importance historically and to me, sure.

Colonization happened way before I was born and had a positive impact on my life.
Holocaust happened way before I was born and had a debatable on my life.
Gassing of the kurds happened way before I was born and had a effect minimal on my life.

I try to measure everything in relation to myself so there aren't many things that get a high score on my care scale.
So, the recall on Eggs was probably more important to you historically than Hitler gassing people because you survived one and thousands of people you don't know died in the other?

I would contest that there is a bigger lesson to be learned in teh whole holocaust thingy than the egg recall and one is more significant because it enlightens (some) people as to the danger of dehumanizing humans no matter the reason or what over doing nationalism can lead too.

Also that trimming your mustashe short and blocky will make you look like a dumb-ass in home videos.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6465
I'd post a random Queen song here but I'm to fucking tired.

Go search for one yourself and pretend that's what I posted.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6494

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Fat Bottom Girls, amirite?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6465

burnzz wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Fat Bottom Girls, amirite?
Whatever the fuck you want, man.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713
another one bites the dust
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard