justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
By no means official yet, but it looks like at long last this is going to happen. Mayweather has decided now is the time to fight Pacquiao and has stopped shying away from the fight, there's no going back from that now.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/01/10/article-2084848-0F67CDDD00000578-61_468x444.jpg

Floyd Mayweather Jnr has challenged Manny Pacquiao to fight him on May 5.
The WBC welterweight champion’s plans to fight on that date in Las Vegas looked to be dead and buried when he was sentenced to prison.
But his 90-day term was deferred and the five-division world champion looks set to finally agree terms with Pacquiao for what could be the first $100m bout in history.

Mayweather tweeted: 'Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see.
'My Jail Sentence [sic] was pushed back because the date was locked in. Step up Punk.'
The pair, who many consider to be the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world, have put off meeting each other in the ring despite both camps promising a deal on several occasions.
The latest blow to negotiations came when Mayweather was sentenced to  prison for assaulting his ex-girlfriend.
Let's see how it progresses from here and hope they agree soon, if  this goes ahead it will be one of the most memorable events in the history of sport, regardless of how the fight goes....I get excited every time I think about it !

https://www.pacquiaofights.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/pacquiao-mayweather.jpg
I know fucking karate
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
i was on the verge of losing interest
Tu Stultus Es
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
Haven't watched a boxing PPV in a loooong, long time. Would buy this without any questions asked.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand

eleven bravo wrote:

i was on the verge of losing interest
Yeah I think everyone felt like that, positive developments today.
I know fucking karate
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

frothing at the gash
Brasso
+1,549|6600

pacquiao will shit on mayweather
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Mayweather only came out of hiding because Pacman has been slowing down and gaining unwanted weight.  But a May date should give him enough time to get back up to speed.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK
Mayweather would win no doubt JMM made Manny look like a chump. I still don't think this is going to happen because of Bob Arum. It's pretty obvious he doesn't want Manny to get smashed out by Mayweather. All this bullshit about him needed to heal from a cut.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/16515328.stm

Manny Pacquiao has accepted Floyd Mayweather's challenge for a showdown in May, but barriers remain in the way of a possible super-fight.

On Wednesday, Mayweather demanded Pacquiao "give the world what they want to see" and agree to a bout on 5 May.

And while Pacquiao said he wanted the fight, he said he favours a date in late May and suggested Mayweather could not guarantee his side of the purse.

"This is the fight the world wants," said Philippine superstar Pacquiao.

"[But] Mayweather wants a guaranteed purse so what he has to do is get a promoter who can give him the guarantee.

"I don't have problems getting a guarantee because I have a promoter who will give me my guaranteed purse.

Continue reading the main story
Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5 and give the world what they want to see... Step up Punk
Floyd Mayweather
via Twitter
"If he gets a guarantee, then we are going to share the revenue on a 50-50 basis."

Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum added: "There is no problem on our part - the problem is on Mayweather's.

"Mayweather needs somebody on his side that's going to guarantee his purse. Mayweather has nobody on his side and GBP (Oscar de la Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions) is not going to guarantee his purse."

Arum and Pacquiao's financial advisor, Michael Koncz, want a bout in late May to coincide with the completion of a 45,000-seater arena in Las Vegas.
I know fucking karate
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Brasso wrote:

pacquiao will shit on mayweather
Yeah okay.

GJ Manny on dropping your last two fights
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England

Macbeth wrote:

Eh?  People moaned about the Marquez result but Manny was clearly ahead on punches landed and power punches landed, and the Bradley result is bullshit of the highest order.  Bradleys own corner had Pacquiao as winner by four rounds so I'm not sure what you mean by the above?  Don't get me wrong I'm no Pacquiao zealot but after this result everyone who 12 months ago was on Pacmans dick and was talking how he would eat Mayweather alive is saying the opposite - on the strength of one average performance and one daylight robbery.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
yeah the pac-brad result was lol utter bollocks. hope he crushes him on the rematch
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

KingCheese wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Eh?  People moaned about the Marquez result but Manny was clearly ahead on punches landed and power punches landed, and the Bradley result is bullshit of the highest order.  Bradleys own corner had Pacquiao as winner by four rounds so I'm not sure what you mean by the above?  Don't get me wrong I'm no Pacquiao zealot but after this result everyone who 12 months ago was on Pacmans dick and was talking how he would eat Mayweather alive is saying the opposite - on the strength of one average performance and one daylight robbery.
I was being hyperbolic/a cunt. Yeah, it was a bad decision. Still can't help but be pretty gleeful anyway though.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
why? pacman was pretty graceful about it, bradley was a cunt
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Come November, TKO on the first round.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Wheelchair champ.

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

wrote:

Paddy Power, Ireland's largest telephone betting service, issued a statement saying, "If you had placed a bet on Manny to win in a pre-fight outright or on points, that money is now back in your account. We hear you!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

yeah a bunch of sites are offering refunds.  obviously it was a sham and the sport of boxing is a fucking joke.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Boxing has been a joke for ages. Promoters boost their fighters' stats by putting them against human punching bags, titles are won in competitions not worthy of them and yeah, results are predetermined

A couple of months ago Sonny Bill Williams who is a fucking rugby player, won the New Zealand heavyweight title. From a fat nobody American boxer. Who didn't even hold the title. Williams is an adequate boxer but not a good one and we have at least two Kiwi heavyweight boxers who could have fought for the title, (Shane Cameron is one, David fucking Tua is the other even though he's retired,) and both would have smacked Williams all over the ring without breaking a sweat. And this guy's the NZ Heavyweight title holder? Bullcrap. Williams is a good sportsman and could be considered a great rugby player, (even though he seems like a tosser,) but he is no boxer. Still his stats and promoter proudly boast that he is undefeated, they omit to say he's never fought anyone who knows how to box. By that logic I'm also an undefeated boxer.

As to this latest scandal... look when a boxing match comes down to a judge decision it comes to a subjective opinion, it is possible that two out of three judges thought that Bradley won. Pacquiao knows this and has accepted it pretty gracefully. That's the sport of boxing. Still, probably a fix in order to build media coverage and build attention for the sport. It achieved this. And Pacquiao has learned to fight to knock the other bloke out rather than rely on judges. So there you go.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
3 days away. Probably be the only boxing match I ever get excited for.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
You and millions of other people are going to be so disappointed.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
maybe. but i'm ok with that. I have invested about 0 of my life into boxing so if it ends up a pointless bout of two over-aged fighters, so be it. At this point it really isn't about the fight, it's about the surrounding hooplah.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

Steve-0 wrote:

will it happen?

https://i.imgur.com/aKVTZpU.jpg
i am going to vegas this weekend, and will keep you all updated.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
have fun with the $10,000 /night rooms
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

pirana6 wrote:

have fun with the $10,000 /night rooms
i don't need 10k rooms, i'm in vegas all the time. i'm actually staying at the Hilton, which appreciates my contribution to the economy.

pray tell, what are you doing to create jobs? sitting on yer ass and  hijacking the feed? gg pirana, if you were any lower you'd be in macbeth's league. you need to get high, buy the local "in" food, watch the fight on "pay-per-view" and then come back and comment. anything less is unAmerican. . . .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard