twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6212
After trying to manually oc my asrock 4 extreme and epically failing (and also, many reviewers epically failing too) I want to get another one. Obviously ill have to reinstall windows too...

Any ideas on some good ones ?

Hate the asrock/Asus bios which leaves a few others...

cheers
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6664|BC, Canada
You hate ez mode?
twoblacklines
+49|6212
EZ mode is good, except it runs super high core voltage, over at xtremesys they recommend not using it daily as it puts un-needed stress on the silicone!
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6664|BC, Canada
I wonder how much actual degradation you would see from that. Of course you could get a higher clock freq, with manual settings, but I don't think the extra 200 mhz is worth it myself. If you did want something other that the ASUS try one of the gigabyte boards. Don't know your budget so I will throw the z68-ud5 out there. If your budget is higher, (much higher), get the G1.Sniper, but for the price of those boards, another video card would probably give you better benefit that the OC boost you would receive.

Edit: suggested z68 cause there is no real reason not to.

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2012-01-07 05:34:58)

twoblacklines
+49|6212
Is there any point in a UD9 or Sniper over a UD5?

From what I can make out unless you want to run tri-sli there isnt any difference realistically?

I have a z86 already, thats what i meant instead of p67, lol.

I bought the asrock as it has good features and stability, and was cheap, unfortunatly it has a terrible UEFI bios
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6664|BC, Canada
Naw, I don't really think there is much point, except for a multi gpu set up. And like I said for the price of the sniper... I think the UD9 and the Sniper are better overclockers, but not worth it unless everything else is top end.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard