jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.
people use ecm instead, it's advantage is it blocks javmongs/soflam

the disadvantage is if you're running away from an attack heli and you use ecm you also have to turn sharply for the missles to miss, which reduces the speed in which you're increasing the distance between you and the heli.

a good attack heli pilot is the only threat to me. nothing else bothers me apart from a well manned ah1z flying high and facing me.
gurdeep
­
+812|4746|proll­y

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Mutantbear wrote:

one does not simply sneak by the stairs of death
Spoiler (highlight to read):
I do. All the time.
proll­y
GeoEnvi
+22|6678|Philadelphia, PA

steelie34 wrote:

thats still the most ridiculous heli round ever.  anywhere.  ever. 

every once in awhile i get some nostalgia on bf3 sharqi.  you can tell who the bf2 guys are when they go straight for tv station and proceed to rape the shit out of it.
Uh.... those stats did not include Havoc.  Barely any time in BF2 at all.  Mistake?
gurdeep
­
+812|4746|proll­y

GeoEnvi wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

thats still the most ridiculous heli round ever.  anywhere.  ever. 

every once in awhile i get some nostalgia on bf3 sharqi.  you can tell who the bf2 guys are when they go straight for tv station and proceed to rape the shit out of it.
Uh.... those stats did not include Havoc.  Barely any time in BF2 at all.  Mistake?
https://i.imgur.com/Zkmdi.gif
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6315|Graz, Austria

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

re-enacting a train simulator in the driver compartments of the trains.
You need to get this and use it instead of mouse & keyboard.

https://img805.imageshack.us/img805/606/rddesktophome.jpg
GeoEnvi
+22|6678|Philadelphia, PA

steelie34 wrote:

Likewise, I've had similar experience on BF3 Wake.  Every one in a while, I'll see an F35 make a beeline for the airfield, pilot bail out over flag, and try to cut the head off the snake in the early going.  Exact tactic you had to use on BF2 Wake to avoid the Chinese field day.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6380|New York
It's still amazing to me how many people don't know how to move from flag to flag on BF3 Wake. Everyone walks down the road if there isn't any transportation available. Hardly anyone goes off to the beach on either side to avoid being seen.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6315|Graz, Austria

heggs wrote:

It's still amazing to me how many people don't know how to move from flag to flag on BF3 Wake. Everyone walks down the road if there isn't any transportation available. Hardly anyone goes off to the beach on either side to avoid being seen.
They probably fear all the dangers that could await them off-track.
Like Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada
Saw someone drive a tank right through the middle of the atoll the other day, didn't know you could do that.
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5945

globefish23 wrote:

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

re-enacting a train simulator in the driver compartments of the trains.
You need to get this and use it instead of mouse & keyboard.

Yes, this is exactly what i need. This is...Perfect.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada
seems all the PS3 servers just shut down or reset themselves. Was having a great round spotting everyone on rush wake for the chopper, damn they were raping.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6380
are they on now?
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada
Yeah, I'm lagging though, think that may be my shit service provider though.

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2012-01-06 15:47:53)

iceman785
+93|6664|Alaska, mother fucker.

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Saw someone drive a tank right through the middle of the atoll the other day, didn't know you could do that.
Saw a couple people sitting like 20 feet out in the water in a tank on the tip of the island... Hard to shoot em when the only thing coming out of the water is the barrel.
gurdeep
­
+812|4746|proll­y
a91 fucking owns
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6373|the land of bourbon

gurdeep wrote:

a91 fucking owns
qft
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

Alright so maaaaaaaybe I played tonight and maaaaaaaaybe it wasn't too frustrating.

I quite like the G53 in the brief amount of time I've used it.

Also annoyed at my one in a million shot at the 'destroy vehicle with repair tool' challenge. Destroyed a spawn becon with the tool but the challenge wasn't unlocked. A few minutes later killed a guy with the tool. I don't think I'll ever come across another vehicle or toy while playing engineer and using my tool again.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6373|the land of bourbon
so hard to do without someone killstealing.  i've drained at least a dozen tanks only to have some random grenade or rpg mess it up for me.  oh well, this game is holding my attention somewhat, so i'm sure i'll get it.  too bad i'm awful when i'm wasted, i was much better at bf2 drunk. fml
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
=6thAD=KJ43
+7|6181|Bay Area, CA
Firestorm is probably the best map to get the repair tool kill on. If you time it right you can sneak up on a tank getting repaired between buildings and get your soldier kill first on the guy repairing and then the vehicle kill on the hurt tank.

I have 3 vehicle kills in the last couple days doing that since I started playing on an airmaps server. I keep getting a suicide death from the explosion which sucks.

Last edited by =6thAD=KJ43 (2012-01-07 06:54:01)

aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5745|Roma

=6thAD=KJ43 wrote:

Firestorm is probably the best map to get the repair tool kill on. If you time it right you can sneak up on a tank getting repaired between buildings and get your soldier kill first on the guy repairing and then the vehicle kill on the hurt tank.

I have 3 vehicle kills in the last couple days doing that since I started playing on an airmaps server. I keep getting a suicide death from the explosion which sucks.
I hid in a building and waited for a tank to come right nuder me and shot like 2 smaws and then jumped down with the repair torch to finish him.
I was lucky because he was soloing.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6679|"The Empire"

mtb0minime wrote:

Also annoyed at my one in a million shot at the 'destroy vehicle with repair tool' challenge. Destroyed a spawn becon with the tool but the challenge

steelie34 wrote:

so hard to do without someone killstealing.
Stick IRNV on your weapon, it shows up sniper tools real easy, pick a sniper map like Karkand its full of them (and IRNV works better on it) and motion sensors are classed as a vehicle, Voila. Challenge completed.

It works i did it after only a couple of rounds of trying.
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

be a man destroy a tank
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684
I've not played a single full round since b2k came out. Convince me to do otherwise.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5250|foggy bottom
i dont have b2k
Tu Stultus Es
gurdeep
­
+812|4746|proll­y

Superior Mind wrote:

I've not played a single full round since b2k came out. Convince me to do otherwise.
all the cool kids are doing it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard