Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6614|Little Bentcock

jord wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

When I'm lasering shit in CITV is shit being lasered for the whole team or just the driver? Which brings me to my second point in that is lasering pointless then if the driver isn't using guided shells.
everyone. we just spent the last few hours 3-manning it obliterating this heli duo over and over with the CITV and Jav.
scum
it was awesome, this duo spent the previous round going like 30-1 in the helo and trash talking in all chat about how everyone was noobs and they were the best players ever, so for the next 3 rounds we made it our mission to make their lives hell. We jumped in the helo for the following round in oman, basically showing them that the entire reason they went well was because no-one was in the other chopper and they weren't really hot shit. Then the next two rounds we pestered them with the CITV and guided shells/javs. I think for the next three rounds they went a total of like 40-10. It was great fun .

Although to their credit on the last round before they quit they caught on and switched to the chaff instead of flares, so we pulled out the IGLA
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4960|Dundee, Scotland.

Adams_BJ wrote:

Although to their credit on the last round before they quit they caught on and switched to the chaff instead of flares, so we pulled out the IGLA
wat
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Adams_BJ

Camm wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

wat
chaff stop laser targeting, but not heat?
Adams_BJ
I'm hearing a few guy complaining about how OP the soflam/jav comba is, yet I have yet to experience the being dominated by it myself yet. Anyone feel it is OP?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

Nope. It's teamwork, of course it should work well. Haven't had any issues with it myself. Those people are just idiots getting mad.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6644
not sure if trolling

teamwork is not "okay, ive put my thingamabob here now you click on that HUD box there for a free kill". It takes no teamwork to pull off, you're not even working together with anyone, you're just hoping that some mong somewhere on your team has a javelin and wants to claim his free kill. Meanwhile a heli team that is timing flares between each other, spotting, on voice comms, one player needing to have practiced flying for hours and hours just to be able to get his gunner some kills, that's teamwork.

wall of text etc but I see this kind of faux-teamwork bullshit in more and more games
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada
Meh, I still rarely see it. Sometimes if we are getting raped by a helo I'll see if someone has soflam deployed, and switch to Jav. But it rarely seems to happen.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

I guess I meant in the sense of 'it takes two people to get working' (not counting firing the javelin on your own and twitching up before firing of course). It's a 2-person thing, so it should do more damage, or give you the potential of getting more kills and points and such.

It goes along with recon's other roles of empowering fellow players, like using the MAV to spot enemies, which gives your teammates an advantage. Same thing with T-UGS.

No, it's not true teamwork like with the heli situation you mention, but I think that faux-teamwork is still better than nothing at all.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6706|US
A recon/engie team using the SOFLAM/javelin is about as effective as a helo crew, IMO.  I am not talking about a random "Oh, there is a SOFLAM out there, I'll grab the javelin" situation.  A friend and I did the soflam/jav combo and wreaked havoc on the other team's helos, and picked off their jets a few times.  It's pretty similar to our capability to kill armor and helos with a helo.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

Hell, it might even require more teamwork. No infinite javelins, but the helis do have infinite ammo. A support player using teamwork and throwing down ammo packs is unprecedented. This game is full of dipshits.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4960|Dundee, Scotland.
Yeah but to be an effective soflam/javelin pair you need a 3rd member. Support. You only get 4 javelins max. That's only two tanks worth. Throw support into the mix and it's even better.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
gurdeep
­
+812|4746|proll­y

mtb0minime wrote:

A support player using teamwork and throwing down ammo packs is unprecedented.
play metro ^_^
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England
Playing that Co-Op map where you're sniping around the Parisian embassy, it's a real shame that the Parisian MP maps are so awful, they should have used that map. They had a chance to make some great maps based in Paris and they did in co-op and single player. Even the last Co-Op level in the metro is and looks way better than Operation Metro. I can't stand Op Metro, Siene crossing is ok. I always get that feeling they're holding out on the good maps for DLC though.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6315|Graz, Austria

Mekstizzle wrote:

Playing that Co-Op map where you're sniping around the Parisian embassy, it's a real shame that the Parisian MP maps are so awful, they should have used that map. They had a chance to make some great maps based in Paris and they did in co-op and single player. Even the last Co-Op level in the metro is and looks way better than Operation Metro. I can't stand Op Metro, Siene crossing is ok. I always get that feeling they're holding out on the good maps for DLC though.
You right.
Nothing in the Paris maps actually is a feature unique to that city.
Those buildings could be in any city. (Well, except for the unusable Eiffel Tower in the far, far background.)

Why didn't they add some real-life sights and places of Paris?
Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame cathedral, Louvre museum, Montematre hill/district, Versailles palace,...
So many potential maps with great features that would really have delivered the Paris spirit.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6335

globefish23 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

You right.
Nothing in the Paris maps actually is a feature unique to that city.
Those buildings could be in any city. (Well, except for the unusable Eiffel Tower in the far, far background.)

Why didn't they add some real-life sights and places of Paris?
Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame cathedral, Louvre museum, Montematre hill/district, Versailles palace,...
So many potential maps with great features that would really have delivered the Paris spirit.
Blowing those places to smithereens might have been the reason. Much like many car manufacturers don´t like their digitalised creations being destroyed.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
HudsonFalcon
+20|5923|New York

mtb0minime wrote:

A support player using teamwork and throwing down ammo packs is unprecedented. This game is full of dipshits.
+1.  I've finished rounds at the top with just tossing ammo and medpacks, I wish more people would do it.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5956|London, England

I dont always throw ammo packs on 64 player metro

but when I do I get top score

Last edited by Mutantbear (2012-01-05 08:55:29)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.

RAIMIUS wrote:

A recon/engie team using the SOFLAM/javelin is about as effective as a helo crew, IMO.
If that were true then something that requires 1 minute to master is as effective as something that takes 10 hours to master. That's not a good thing, bro.

Luckily it isn't true and a competent, unified heli team can take out people trying to jav/soflam mongs with relative ease.

Last edited by jord (2012-01-05 09:48:32)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6402|'Murka

gurdeep wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

A support player using teamwork and throwing down ammo packs is unprecedented.
play metro ^_^
I be whorin' that shit.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5465|Ventura, California

RAIMIUS wrote:

A recon/engie team using the SOFLAM/javelin is about as effective as a helo crew
Hell no

With a helicopter you have much better mobility.

Unlimited ammo and unrestricted movement at a really fast pace will beat a 4-shot javelin team any day. Not to mention armor protecting the occupants of the helicopter.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Adams_BJ

-Sh1fty- wrote:

RAIMIUS wrote:

A recon/engie team using the SOFLAM/javelin is about as effective as a helo crew
Hell no

Unlimited ammo and unrestricted movement at a really fast pace will beat a 4-shot javelin team any day. Not to mention armor protecting the occupants of the helicopter.
lucky it only takes one javelin to destroy the chopper.
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.

Adams_BJ wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

RAIMIUS wrote:

Hell no

lucky it only takes one javelin to destroy the chopper.
Luckily it only takes 60 seconds for the chopper to respawn.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5028|Massachusetts, USA
Choppers stand very little chance against a good jav/soflam team.

Also, once again shifty doesnt know what hes talking about.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5465|Ventura, California

UnkleRukus wrote:

Choppers stand very little chance against a good jav/soflam team.

Also, once again shifty doesnt know what hes talking about.
You're the one that has no freaking clue what the hell you're talking about. A good chopper team uses ECM jammer and IR flares together. You have to be fking blind to not see the giant red "AIM HERE AT THIS SOFLAM" beacon of light they emit. Simply ECM jam and run in to destroy it. My friend and I have done it dozens of times together.

CITV is another issue. What we usually do is have him deploy flares when he hears an incoming missile but if the lock persists than I use my ECM and fly away while it recharges. Usually we're on the outskirts of the map facing inwards anyway so it's not really hard to figure out what's going on.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5028|Massachusetts, USA
Oh wait, you play on the shitbox. 10x more people lasing helis on pc.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard