Homercide
+21|6574
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/141091 … g&s=f5

WTF! Just been shot down again. The nearest I had been the essex in that round was the northeast base. Just about as far from the essex you can get on that map.
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6686|Broadlands, VA
HAXOR!  AIMBOT!

OK - someone had to say it - so I thought I'd get it out of the way.

Was it the guns or the missile?  Do you know?
Snakestyles
+17|6744|South Africa
Must be missiles and its a old trick, jump in the second AA on the essex and spam towards the Airfiled, should even get the chopper if you persist.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6563|Kent, UK
The missiles just took a bit of time catching you up dude. If the Essex fired straight at your tail and you flew a straight line with your burners, when you de-burn the missiles catch you up and boom
afrocullions
Banned
+8|6557
...all it is ..is that it locked one someone else on your team *prolly that plane in the same ss* missed and then went for you ..
Scorpian65
+14|6745

afrocullions wrote:

...all it is ..is that it locked one someone else on your team *prolly that plane in the same ss* missed and then went for you ..
Exactly, the missles were following him and got you as he flew by you.

Its a problem/glitch in the game, as we all know the AA missles are quite dumb. That J10 pilot probably used you as bait to avoid his own death. I have done it many times, if you get locked up, go for the nearest chopper on the map. Fly as close to it as possible and then pull a hard turn and most of the time you'll wipe the missles off on the chopper.

Note: Try to do it to the enemy chopper, its not very sporting to use your team as bait, LOL.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6698|Devon, England
maybe sum1 tried that teamswitching bug and teleported the essex gun onto the island
skratch-x
+25|6643|NY, USA
I swear, I can't kill SHIT with the Essex missiles...  I'll get a clean tone on enemy jets, fire off missiles, and get either team vehicle damage or missiles flying out of the stratosphere.  The first problem, I thought they fixed a few patches ago.  The second problem is just the missiles being cool and flying to nowhere when I have a god damn lock.  I always get killed by major BS when I'm on MEC or PLA, like missiles hitting me when I'm over wake island, or in the middle of oman.  I can never do that to anyone else though :[
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6660
The missle simply missed another aircraft and locked onto you instead. it's happened to me before too. missles can travel huge distances this way.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6634|UK

FFLink13 wrote:

maybe sum1 tried that teamswitching bug and teleported the essex gun onto the island
lolz
messmessmess17
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
+54|6560|london, enlgand

skratch-x wrote:

I swear, I can't kill SHIT with the Essex missiles...  I'll get a clean tone on enemy jets, fire off missiles, and get either team vehicle damage or missiles flying out of the stratosphere.  The first problem, I thought they fixed a few patches ago.  The second problem is just the missiles being cool and flying to nowhere when I have a god damn lock.  I always get killed by major BS when I'm on MEC or PLA, like missiles hitting me when I'm over wake island, or in the middle of oman.  I can never do that to anyone else though :[
I agree im complete shit with the uss essex gun and i have the worst luck as well because i run for it and as soon as i get in i get blown up by plane and when i do actaully get in no planes or helis come near. Any ways when i DO get in and planes [b]DO[b/] come near i hit them many times with the machine gun and fire all my missiles and they somehow manage to avoid them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Deety
Grammar Nazi level 4
+5|6671
Same with all AA, you need to lead the planes as much as you can without breaking the lock before firing.

EA should fix it so we all have 360 degree FOV in the next ubarpatch....
JimmyNoobtron
+-2|6781|Dallas, Tx
If I can tell that none of my teammates are in the air, I'll launch all 8 missiles over the battlefield.  I rarely hit anything but what the heck.  I've gotten lucky a few times.
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6627
Ya if you pspam the island you can hit heli take off but what i find funny if you are in the essex then you can fire sraight up and whats the missles do flips and stuff if you fire like 20 1-2 will go crazy and spin and do all kinds of funny stuff
Homercide
+21|6574

afrocullions wrote:

That's what I thought too! Untill I saw the battlerecorder. The buzz went on for about 5-6 seconds or so before the rocket hit though, and I was never nearer than the northeastbase. Probably about 1200m or so.
I'm not calling it a hack though, probably just a glitch. Pretty sick nevertheless..
Jack Bauer
WWJD - What Would Jack Do
+26|6561

Scorpian65 wrote:

Exactly, the missles were following him and got you as he flew by you.

Its a problem/glitch in the game, as we all know the AA missles are quite dumb. That J10 pilot probably used you as bait to avoid his own death. I have done it many times, if you get locked up, go for the nearest chopper on the map. Fly as close to it as possible and then pull a hard turn and most of the time you'll wipe the missles off on the chopper.

Note: Try to do it to the enemy chopper, its not very sporting to use your team as bait, LOL.
Wow, thanks for the info that is definately a new idea to me.  I'll have to give it a "shot"

Regards,

Jack Bauer
l41e
+677|6655

SargeV1.4 wrote:

The missle simply missed another aircraft and locked onto you instead. it's happened to me before too. missles can travel huge distances this way.
You just gave me an idea for an "original" idea for a stunt movie.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard